worldwidewardy

Members
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by worldwidewardy


  1. Just installed the new build Ad-Aware Pro Security

    Version 11.2.5952.0 when prompted by the pop up screen.
    Everything works. I can even delete the old Reports! Hallelujah!!!
    Don't know if this applies to the free versions but roll it out and post the link to the new build everywhere please Ad-Aware :-)

     

    Hi,

    It worked one time, then same problem occurred again.

    I just installed the latest version hoping for the problem to disappear, but it didn't. Uninstalling the program solves the issue for a moment, but then again can't update after that. I can understand everything, but I don't have the time and patience to reinstall 3 times a week just to make sure my definitions are up to date.

    I know they working hard to fix that, just I thought I'll give this information to see, if only my issue or others experiencing as well.

     

    Best regards,

    Lehel


  2. I tried this yesterday and it worked immediately.

     

    It is interesting to note that Malwarebytes stopped working around the same time as the AdAware update issues began.

     

    Since then I have downloaded and run the free version of Spybot Search & Destroy which found around 40 assorted malware and PUP issues which I have removed.

    Malwarebytes still will not start even using the, "Chamelian" protected path tool which they provide.

     

    However I was pleased to open AdAware this morning and find that the Definition Files Settings updater worked perfectly
    Spybot Search & Destroy seems to run side by side with AdAware without any issues.
    I wonder if AdAware condones this?


  3. I have the same problem as everyone else here.
    I have been unable to install updates since15 May 2014.
    I get the same warning. Adaware searches, downloads, starts to install updates

    then the message that, "something prevented the updates from installing, please try later".

     

    This must be a known issue by now.

    ADVICE PLEASE!!! :(


  4. Hi paulos1966 and worldwidewardy,

     

    Sorry, it's a known bug in the latest update. Please, be patient and wait for the next update.

     

    If it's urgent, it's possible to delete all reports according to Lavasoft. Please, ask if you want an instruction for that.

    Thanks for that. I'll wait. Glad to know it's not my system at fault...


  5. Hi,

    I've been using Ad-Aware Free edition for a while, but suddenly I can't open the program and get a message "service unavailable"

    My OS is Win 8 64bit.

    Thanks for your helpattachicon.gifAshampoo_Snap_2013.11.03_19h23m11s_001_.jpg

    Hi all,

     

    I add this for the sake of confirmation and more evidence for everyone.

     

    I came here looking for a solution to the very same thing shown in Newbie's screenshot.

    It has been happening on and off ever since installed AdAware Pro-Security 11 a few weeks ago.

    Alarmingly, I would often find this had happened when I'd lefy my computer unattended for a while so who knows how long it had been unprotected???

    I did have AdAware 10 but manually uninstalled it months ago as it was too heavy on system resources.

    I had been using Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus along with Windows Firewall in the meantime.

     

    I am running Windows 7 Home Edition 32bit, Service Pack 1 fully updated.

     

    What is interesting is that I have just followed the instructions in Post #9 of this topic and low and behold there were the very drivers you mentioned.

    The instructions were close enough to how it looked on my system for me to follow the spirit rather than the letter of the law as it were.

    I had to restart my computer for the first driver uninstall and then repeat the process for the second driver and restart again.

     

    I've copied and pasted those instructions below for clarity:

     

    Thanks for the screen shot.

     

    Right-click My Computer and select Manage.

    Find the Device Manager in the left column.

    Select View menu - Show hidden files.

    Select View menu - Show hidden devices.

    Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers in the middle column.

    Find the gfibto driver.

    Right-click it and select Uninstall.

    Repeat for the gfiark driver.

     

    Restart the computer.

     

    Everything you say adds up. It now remains to be seen if it has done the trick. As the problem is intermittent I'll let you know in a few days.

     

    Thanks for the info. I'm very, very happy with AdAware 11 in all other respects! :)