Sign in to follow this  
mpm

Cannot Register Ad-aware 2007 Pro

I've bought Ad-Aware 2007 Pro with 12 Month License.

I've got the email with the serial number.

But it always says that the Serial Number seems to be invalid.

> I enter it by hand no copy/paste

> I keep care about case sensitiveness

> I enter it at serial number not at unlock key

> the program has access through my firewall

What can be done here ?

Contacted the support already but got no answer at all

thx 4 your answers in advance

Hi MPM,

You need to enter the registration number EXACTLY as it appears in the email

- including the - marks between sets of digits.

I don't know if the letters are case sensitive too, but they might be.

The registration number from the email goes in the box marker "Serial Number", not the box marked "Unlock Key" which seems to have no actual purpose.

Phil424

Hi MPM,

The registration number from the email goes in the box marker "Serial Number", not the box marked "Unlock Key" which seems to have no actual purpose.

Phil424

As I wrote I've entered, verified and checked that all more than 10 times, it doesn't work.

Serial is entered correctly, case-sensitiv, with dash "-", no copy/paste and at serial number.

OK, sorry about that.

It seems some people can register, and others can't.

There have been a number of posts on this forum about memebers having difficulty registering.

Perhaps someone else can offer any solution if they finally succeeded ?

Anyone out there willing to help ?

Phil424

Hi MPM,

Phil424

Phil424 is right.

The letters are indeed case-sensitive (use uppercase for all of them). Also, make sure that you selecting the correct product and license time in the drop-down menu.

The Unlock key is a support function that might be a tad to prominently featured, usability-wise. Serials should be entered into the Serial Number field, like Phil said.

It seems some people can register, and others can't.

There have been a number of posts on this forum about memebers having difficulty registering.

If you have trouble registering, please contact support through the Lavasoft Support Center - your password for login is in the e-mail with your license information. The usability of the process for registering will be improved in a later release, I will post information as a sticky post in this forum when I know more details.

- Mattias

Phil424 is right.

The letters are indeed case-sensitive (use uppercase for all of them). Also, make sure that you selecting the correct product and license time in the drop-down menu.

The Unlock key is a support function that might be a tad to prominently featured, usability-wise. Serials should be entered into the Serial Number field, like Phil said.

- Mattias

Sorry for repeating myself all the time ->

-> I use uppercase letters,

-> I select the correct product,

-> I select the correct license time,

-> I enter it at the serial number.

It says:

The serial key you entered appeared invalid!

Edited by mpm

Sorry for repeating myself all the time ->

-> I use uppercase letters,

-> I select the correct product,

-> I select the correct license time,

-> I enter it at the serial number.

It says:

The serial key you entered appeared invalid!

mpm,

PM me with the e-mail you registered with and your order number and I'll see what I can do.

I'll post the progress here later in a sticky post so other users can benefit from the troubleshooting as well.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

- Mattias

mpm,

PM me with the e-mail you registered with and your order number and I'll see what I can do.

I'll post the progress here later in a sticky post so other users can benefit from the troubleshooting as well.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

- Mattias

I send it to you mattias. Thx 4 your help in advance

I've bought Ad-Aware 2007 Pro with 12 Month License.

I've got the email with the serial number.

But it always says that the Serial Number seems to be invalid.

> I enter it by hand no copy/paste

> I keep care about case sensitiveness

> I enter it at serial number not at unlock key

> the program has access through my firewall

What can be done here ?

Contacted the support already but got no answer at all

thx 4 your answers in advance

I to had the same problem so after trying it nine (9) times I and no response from Tech support due to the weekend I Just tried to copy and paste and it worked I know they said not to but give it a try it worked for me take care

Not only can I not register my newly purchased AdAware 2007, :) Plus I cannot run the program. It seems the download is not complete. After downloading, uninstalling and reinstalling at least 7 times, it still does not work. All the settings are correct, firewall, etc. My SE Plus still works fine. I had to uninstall it prior to the new version (which does not work) and had to, in the end, reinstall it in order to have some monitoring. I have sent so many emails to customer support and technical support about all the issues I am getting tired of no response from anyone. If I asked for my money back I would hear, I guess, sooner if not immediately. I have been a very happy customer until this point and have had the programs for a long, long time. It seems the rush to get the new program released is taking priority over good customer service.

Hoping for a resolution soon.

lilbees

Well, more and more I think that it was no good idea to buy adaware ...

got no response for the moment, lets wait what the day will show ...

Well, more and more I think that it was no good idea to buy adaware ...

got no response for the moment, lets wait what the day will show ...

hi ,im having same problems,i had adwatch working then pc crashed,now after complete reboot i am being told the serial no is invalid and yes i contacted support last nite and am awaiting a reply

I also have the same problem.

Purchased Ad-Aware 2007 Pro - 12 month

I hand type in the serial # given to me (with '-' and case sensitive)

I receive an error message of 'The serial key you entered appeared invalid!'.

I purchased my license on June 18th.

Look, I know this is a stupid thing to suggest, but ...

If someone having trouble registering with the unlock code could try this ?

If the unlock code is tied to the type or level of AW2007 purchased, maybe the default in the droplist is not being set correctly, even if it seems displaying the product you have purchased.

Try selecting a "wrong" product in the drop list then enter unlock code. It should fail.

Now go back and select the right product (to "force" the correct selection) and try entering unlock code now.

Might be worth a try.

Phil424

I did notice that my email says:

Serial Number(s)

Ad-Aware 2007 Professional - Including 1 year license

Now the drop down to register the license says:

Ad-Aware 2007 Pro 12 Month License

Maybe the generated serial number is based off the exact naming of the product? Meaning, if they don't match, then the serial number won't be recognized.

I sent a request to the customer support on saturday, ok, its weekend.

Lsmatthias asked me to send the order number, i did that, no response

I sent another request to the customer support on monday.

And still:

I GOT NO SINGLE RESPONSE!!!

Is there a support ?

It feels like haha your problem you bought our product.

Sorry for beeing upset, but if I would deal with my

customers in that way, i would loose my job at once !

I've gave them a deadline on friday, otherwise I will take my 14 days cancelation right and request my money back.

To All:

As with many others I purchased Ad-Aware 2007 Plus with a one year license. My attempts to install and activate the program are met with "...registration number seems invalid." Help.

Old Pro

invoice no. 131469625

I'm so glad it's not me!!! I ordered Ad-aware Plus for BOTH my home and office computers. After much trouble, and no repsonse from LavaSoft! I got the home computer working but it's very klunky...a real dissapointment. My office machine I can't get to register still. I've disabled the firewall and retyped the serial number and made sure each time I do it correctly. I am now waiting a response from LavaSoft.

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

I have the same problem ... I don't know WHY they have the dropdown list in the first place ... they should have UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBERS for ALL their products ... so that THEY know what product your registering JUST by virtue of the serial number ... for example Plus serial numbers would start with PL and PRO serial numbers would start with PRO etc.

The first time I tried to register I did not even drop down the list BECAUSE I did not know there was a difference of PLUS and PRO ... when I saw Ad-Aware 2007 (xxx) ... I thought that was my product ...

Why have names so close to one another ... is PLUS better than PRO or os PRO better than PLUS ... if I by a head of lettuce do I want the PRO head of lettuce of the PLUS head of lettuce ... COME on ... lets make naming product easy and lets make registration EASY ... !!!

Seems we need to take a five week course in " How to register your product " before we can even get the product installed !!!!!!

I believe I want my money back ...

I've had the same problems with my serial number. After readings someone else's comment here I did try cut and paste and it worked.

Using various search engines I have discovered that many many people are having the same problem. Does it not occur to Lavasoft that if so many people are having the same problem there must be something wrong with their system or their instructions. It is really not good enough to subject so many people to so much trouble and not do anything about it. It is so sad because Ad-Aware does seem to be a really good product but it is being spoilt because they will not address what is clearly a very serious problem.

I have the same problem ... I don't know WHY they have the dropdown list in the first place ... they should have UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBERS for ALL their products ... so that THEY know what product your registering JUST by virtue of the serial number ... for example Plus serial numbers would start with PL and PRO serial numbers would start with PRO etc.

The first time I tried to register I did not even drop down the list BECAUSE I did not know there was a difference of PLUS and PRO ... when I saw Ad-Aware 2007 (xxx) ... I thought that was my product ...

Why have names so close to one another ... is PLUS better than PRO or os PRO better than PLUS ... if I by a head of lettuce do I want the PRO head of lettuce of the PLUS head of lettuce ... COME on ... lets make naming product easy and lets make registration EASY ... !!!

Seems we need to take a five week course in " How to register your product " before we can even get the product installed !!!!!!

I also purchased the 3 year option, I just can't get it to accept the serial number, and I tried all the suggestions above.

Just refuses to work.

I sent in 3 emails, filled in 2 forms on the website to no avail, I get nowhere.

As a last resort I contacted my credit card people just this morning.

I remember with Ad-Aware plus (the previous version of a few years ago) us who paid for the program could not update.

We had to be emailed with special links.

Myself & Lavasoft are finished.

I to am experiencing the same problem. I've typed the serial number multiple times and also get the same message "invalid serial number". I've contacted Lavasoft by email and haven't had a response yet. If anybody is reading these entries and can assist please do so.

thanks

Sign in to follow this