Sign in to follow this  
mpm

Cannot Register Ad-aware 2007 Pro

I sympathize with your aggravation at this point. I posted here last week about this issue, not being able to have my Adaware 2007 Pro edition able to register ("registration number appeared invalid!"). I wrote to customer service about 5 or 6 times, detailing all my VERY CORRECT actions to register this product.

I got back a very lame, lazy customer-support boilerplate email in response, finally: basically that I need to turn off ALL my firewalls and protections and THEN try to register the product. (This is after the usual blah-blah about the obvious, like case-sensitivity and entering correct characters, etc.) Well, for one thing, I don't WANT to have to disable my securities to register a security product. DUH.

But okay, I did it anyway. So I can also report that turning off all FIREWALLS doesn't make any difference, either. And OF COURSE I make sure I choose the correct "drop-down" product name before trying to register.

We should NOT have to be jumping through so many hoops to be able to use this product that we paid good cash for!! No other software I use has such an inane registration system, and certainly not any difficulty in registering the respective products!! It just WORKS, even with firewalls and security enabled. For OTHER products on my XPsp2 machine, including "security" products.

It's unethical that Lavasoft keeps trying to insist that this asinine glitch in their registration process is ONLY the result of USER FAILURE. NOT.

(I have advised all of my IT customers to NOT upgrade their Lavasoft products. You betcha.)

I just received this emailed reply from Lavasoft. More annoying HOOPS to have to jump through, but at least it's SOME action on their part.

I've complied with all the requested info, so we'll see what happens next. I'll post here.

Email from Lavasoft "general support" 6/26/07:

------------------------------------------------

Hello

Since registering using the serial number has failed for you we will

generate a unlock key for you. To be able to do this I need the hardware

fingerprint and information on what license you purchased. In case that

you have multiple licenses make sure to note what license goes with what

hardware fingerprint (I.E. which computer).

To get the hardware finger print code;

1. Start Ad-Aware and click the status icon. At the bottom of that

screen you have the register button, click it.

2. From the window that opened (where you can enter the serial

number) read and write down the hardware fingerprint.

Reply to this email with the *hardware* *fingerprint* code and the

*license information* (can be found in the sales confirmation emails)

and we will send you your unlock code and the instructions how to use it.

Kind regards

The Lavasoft support team

Just an update on this issue.

After working with Lavasoft support over the last week, I was able to register my license.

Consumers need to understand that sometimes there are snags with a brand new application. Lavasoft has been solid with their products and I have supported their products over the years, to many customers. In the end, they delivered their support and fixed my problem.

Thank you Lavasoft.

-wichmo

Yes, I finally got a new serial registration number for my Adaware 2007 Pro from Lavasoft. Sure, there may be "glitches" to be understood and have patience with in "new software", but there should NOT have been this kind of trouble and problems with the registration process after we bought the product. It took a LOT of my time and effort to now be able to use the Adaware product I purchased.

I'm still less than pleased at the several reponsive emails I got from Lavasoft "general support" that offered trite solutions to my reg process difficulties, none of which were applicable to my situation. They needed to acknowledge that their registration programming was very buggy. FINALLY, when "general support" had put me off with all their dodging emails, they sent me a new serial reg number that works.

Now I get to find out how the product itself works on my machine.

I agree with you that I always heretofore considered Lavasoft a very reliable security software company and encouraged many of my IT clients to use it. I'm still somewhat disappointed by the way Lavasoft handled this registration problem for me and for others reporting the same here.

I had this problem too. I followed the instructions precisely but the thing failed to register, this after waiting for three weeks for the registration e-mail to arrive!!!

Anyway, thanks to whoever it was above who mentioned FIREWALLS. I have Agnitum Outpost 4 so I turned it to Allow All temporarily and tried again.

Bingo, it worked!

According to my firewall log the process called registration_helper.prg was blocked trying to reach 209.87.182.224. I got no warnings about this so I assume Outpost assumed it was dodgy.

Hope that's helpful to someone.

Now I hope they can fix my problem with Ad-Watch. Ho, hum... :(

Graham

Hi all, Cleopatra here - I am new to the forum but not to Ad-Aware. Over the years I have actually bought it 3 times now (since their very first version) but this last time (Ad-Aware 2007 Plus) has proven to be a real disappointment. I have been reading the messages on this topic and frankly I don't work for lavasoft and have no intention spending any more time (than the three days I have already spent trying to get the d**** thing to register) debugging their program. All software has bugs in the beginning. That's why you spend the time, put out the effort and test it BEFORE you pawn it off on the users. Ad-Aware 2007 may very well be their best product yet but if I can't actually use the d**** thing what good does it do me?

Also, I put my hard earned money where my mouth is, I at least deserve a reply from these people. But I haven't received any response from them at all. I've sent them emails (since I can't seem to use the support center either) that include everything I've said here plus a bit more and the hardware numbers they need as well. (And by the way, why should we have to go through all these hoops to get an unlock code anyway? Why isn't my purchase information enough to warrant that code on its own?) I have tried clean-installing several times for the past 3 days now with everything turned off so my system was completely naked and defenseless (and hey, doesn't that defeat the purpose of installing security software?) and I am done. If they don't respond today I am getting American Express involved, getting my money back and going back to Spy Sweeper or Spy Catcher. At least those programs will actually install and their service people don't ignore or insult you. To tell you the truth I can't help but wonder if we all have cause for a class action suit. Maybe then the Lavasoft team would respond?

Oh well, Thanks for listening.

their registration process sucks. if you upgrade your pc frequently like i do, then you are gonna have issues every 3 to 6 months, cause this crap ties itself to your hardware config before registration. i've just sent them my new 'hardware fingerprint' for my upgraded pc, if they can't send me a new serial number then i want my refund.

whoever's idea this was to try and prevent piracy is gonna backfire, cause customer support and ease of use is gonna kill this software very quick.

Hi all, Cleopatra here - I am new to the forum but not to Ad-Aware. Over the years I have actually bought it 3 times now (since their very first version) but this last time (Ad-Aware 2007 Plus) has proven to be a real disappointment. I have been reading the messages on this topic and frankly I don't work for lavasoft and have no intention spending any more time (than the three days I have already spent trying to get the d**** thing to register) debugging their program. All software has bugs in the beginning. That's why you spend the time, put out the effort and test it BEFORE you pawn it off on the users. Ad-Aware 2007 may very well be their best product yet but if I can't actually use the d**** thing what good does it do me?

Also, I put my hard earned money where my mouth is, I at least deserve a reply from these people. But I haven't received any response from them at all. I've sent them emails (since I can't seem to use the support center either) that include everything I've said here plus a bit more and the hardware numbers they need as well. (And by the way, why should we have to go through all these hoops to get an unlock code anyway? Why isn't my purchase information enough to warrant that code on its own?) I have tried clean-installing several times for the past 3 days now with everything turned off so my system was completely naked and defenseless (and hey, doesn't that defeat the purpose of installing security software?) and I am done. If they don't respond today I am getting American Express involved, getting my money back and going back to Spy Sweeper or Spy Catcher. At least those programs will actually install and their service people don't ignore or insult you. To tell you the truth I can't help but wonder if we all have cause for a class action suit. Maybe then the Lavasoft team would respond?

Oh well, Thanks for listening.

their registration process sucks. if you upgrade your pc frequently like i do, then you are gonna have issues every 3 to 6 months, cause this crap ties itself to your hardware config before registration. i've just sent them my new 'hardware fingerprint' for my upgraded pc, if they can't send me a new serial number then i want my refund.

whoever's idea this was to try and prevent piracy is gonna backfire, cause customer support and ease of use is gonna kill this software very quick.

Have installed Ad-Aware 2007 Pro, after having bought a 1 years license.

Clicked on Register, selected the correct version, entered the license key

and got a error: "The serial key you entered appeared invalid!"

(I copy-pasted the key from the e-mail I rcvd).

Tried and tried again...

Went as far as to restore a Windows XP TrueImage file that did not contain

Ad-Aware and again installed the software, same problem.

Have been puzzling and trying for a few hours now, seeking a solution here,

sending an e-mail to support there.

the registration is really crap, sorry to say!

:angry:

==

Edited by mrwul

I had problems with registration as well. I think the idea of tying registration to disposable and breakable hardware will backfire. I asked for, and received, a full refund. I went with a competitive product and I am now fully satisfied.

I had problems with registration as well. I think the idea of tying registration to disposable and breakable hardware will backfire. I asked for, and received, a full refund. I went with a competitive product and I am now fully satisfied.

how did you proceed to get this refund?

how did you proceed to get this refund?

I contacted Lavasoft email support. They were willing to provide a new key, but I feel the method of tying licenses to hardware is deeply flawed. In addition to the fact that you need to grovel at Lavasoft's doorstep every time a stick of memory or a hard drive dies, one user with two personal computers needs two licenses.

I do that (two licenses) for NO ONE. No one at all. Microsoft allows me to use Office on two computers and ALL my other purchased software that requires activation permits me to activate on two computers.

The multiple licensing per one user requirement together with the relatively limited product scope of Ad-Aware means it is much more costly on a dollars per pound basis than Microsoft Office or other high dollar piece of software.

Now, the plot thickens. Whether you like Microsoft or not, I don't care, but Windows Defender has nicely grown up. It works. It does auto updates like Ad-Aware Pro, it scans silently like Ad-Aware Pro, it can be scheduled like Ad-Aware Pro and it is free. I use my computers carefully, and Defender is working every bit as well as Ad-Aware 6 or 2007. It works on both computers (a REQUIREMENT for me) and has proven to be troublefree.

We'll see how all this unfolds.

I'm so glad it's not me!!! I ordered Ad-aware Plus for BOTH my home and office computers. After much trouble, and no repsonse from LavaSoft! I got the home computer working but it's very klunky...a real dissapointment. My office machine I can't get to register still. I've disabled the firewall and retyped the serial number and made sure each time I do it correctly. I am now waiting a response from LavaSoft.

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

I bought 2007 Plus too and couldn't even register it.

First, I asked for help and got little help from Tech Support

Then I asked for a refund and got NO response at all.

If this continues, people are going to think it's a scam.

I want my money back.

I complained about the registration, had to provide a hardware key. Am a registered user of the Pro version.

Received an unlock key, had to un-install and re-install the software. After applying the unlock key, I am now

having a PLUS version ... Must again ask for a different unlock key, whatever.

Deeeep sigh.

For me the price is not too big an issue, I have no problem to pay 10-20 dollars extra for this type of tools.

(Antivirus/spam/spyware stuff), but it shd be the best and shd work flawlessly.

I've bought Ad-Aware 2007 Pro with 12 Month License.

I've got the email with the serial number.

But it always says that the Serial Number seems to be invalid.

> I enter it by hand no copy/paste

> I keep care about case sensitiveness

> I enter it at serial number not at unlock key

> the program has access through my firewall

What can be done here ?

Contacted the support already but got no answer at all

thx 4 your answers in advance

[topic=What is the status now ?

] :angry: [/topic]

When I had trouble registering I eventually discovered I had not selected the correct product in the drop down list.

Edited by John3210

Did anyone get the fix for reinstalling AdAware 2007 Pro?

I had a laptop crash and cannot reinstall AdAware 2007 Pro and I purchased a 3-year license! I also purchased AdAware for 2 desktops but those are OK.

Like everyone else, I've got the email with the serial number.

But I get the error message that the Serial Number seems to be invalid.

> I select the correct license type

> I enter the serial number by hand, no copy/paste

> I made sure about case sensitivites

> I enter it at serial number not at unlock key

> the program has access through my firewall

Contacted the support already but got no answer at all. It is Sunday so I'll give them a day or so to reply. They never did reply to my last problem but one of the updates fixed the glitch.

Please let me know if any of y'all figured this one out as I see lots of you had the same problem.

Thanx,

Cheryl

aka georgiapeach

I have exactly the same problem as the previous poster. Have re-installed Ad Aware Pro 2007 (12 month license) on a clean install of Windows XP Professional, sent an email to support for my serial number, followed the recommended method of entering it, to the letter, and after several attempts, and different ways of trying. I still get the serial number is invalid message.

All I want is the program working that I have paid for.

;) Hi,

In regarding to cannot Register Ad-aware 2007 Pro, I had the same problem, followed the e-mail instructions and did not work. I followed the suggestions by other members in using copy and paste of the serial numbers from e-mail, it worked! Make sure you have the correct license purchase in product license field.

Good luck :D

Sign in to follow this