Sign in to follow this  
kimyee33

No Cookies Found Still For Me

I HAVE AD AWARE FREE 2007 FOR NINE DAYS, I RUN SCAN MANY MANY TIME AND STILL NO TRACKING COOKIES DETECT; I REPORTED SOON AFTER AND IT IS SAME. NO TRACKING COOKIES ARE FOUND AFTER ALL THIS TIME NOT RIGHT.

Hi kim33, welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forums.

NO TRACKING COOKIES ARE FOUND AFTER ALL THIS TIME NOT RIGHT.

Not having tracking cookies is a good thing. Have you ran a scan using another program to confirm that Ad-Aware 2007 is missing the tracking cookies?

Hi kim33, welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forums.

Not having tracking cookies is a good thing. Have you ran a scan using another program to confirm that Ad-Aware 2007 is missing the tracking cookies?

I thank you much but I disagree because when I had old version SE, it show me them several times a day so after 9 day and using web sites a lot, I feel sure there are cookies there, but nothing show up.

Well feel assured, I will pass this onto the Lavasoft Team. In the mean time, try running another Anti-Spyware scan and see if it detects any cookies.

If you don't know of any other programs or have any other questions please feel free to ask.

--SpySentinel

Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Tester

Edited by SpySentinel

Well feel assured, I will pass this onto the Lavasoft Team. In the mean time, try running another Anti-Spyware scan and see if it detects any cookies.

If you don't know of any other programs or have any other questions please feel free to ask.

--SpySentinel

Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Tester

Hi

I also have run this program twice a day since I installed it. At first it found cookies, but didn't delete them all. Then there was an update and since then, no cookies have been found. As soon as I have finished trying with Ad-Aware 2007 free version, I try another anti-spyware program, and it finds around 15-20 cookies. I have unistalled and reinstalled the program with the same results. So finding no cookies is not a good thing when another program finds 20 of them. I hope you can fix this problem shortly. I don't know if using IE 7 has anything to do with this problem, but the old program worked so well.

Hi

I also have run this program twice a day since I installed it. At first it found cookies, but didn't delete them all. Then there was an update and since then, no cookies have been found. As soon as I have finished trying with Ad-Aware 2007 free version, I try another anti-spyware program, and it finds around 15-20 cookies. I have unistalled and reinstalled the program with the same results. So finding no cookies is not a good thing when another program finds 20 of them. I hope you can fix this problem shortly. I don't know if using IE 7 has anything to do with this problem, but the old program worked so well.

I also have run this program daily since I installed it and it has found no cookies. I have run spybot and and NAV2007 and they have both identified cookies on my computer. I have emailed support regarding this problem and have received no reply

I also have run this program daily since I installed it and it has found no cookies. I have run spybot and and NAV2007 and they have both identified cookies on my computer. I have emailed support regarding this problem and have received no reply

I have now uninstalled Ad-aware 2007 and installed Ad-aware SE. SE has indentified 9 critical objects which 2007 failed to spot.

Yes, Spybot has found lots of tracking cookies for me too, while aaw 2007 is finding literally NONE (definitely NOT a "good sign."). This started well over a week ago, so either they aren't even addressing this issue or have been unsuccessful. The whole point of this program is to detect and remove spyware, so instead of working on annoyances like blinking icons, you would think that this would be at the TOP of their list of things to fix.

Yes, Spybot has found lots of tracking cookies for me too, while aaw 2007 is finding literally NONE (definitely NOT a "good sign."). This started well over a week ago, so either they aren't even addressing this issue or have been unsuccessful. The whole point of this program is to detect and remove spyware, so instead of working on annoyances like blinking icons, you would think that this would be at the TOP of their list of things to fix.

We are aware of the IE cookies issue and we are working on it.

Regards, Tobias

Sign in to follow this