Sign in to follow this  
joderca

Ad-aware & iTunes installer

Now, every time I try to install iTunes using the itunesinstaller available in apple website, this message from ad-watch pops up:

Harmful process identified (PID:3148)

Object found in memory

Object: itunessetup.exe

Category: Monitoring Tool

Vendor: Win32.Generic.PWS

Comment. mrj.exe.dmp

I really want to know if it is something serious and it should be blocked, (with doing this i can't install itunes) or it isn't a real harmful process and itunes is conflicting with Ad-aware. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Thanks you,

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks

joderca,

You could try closing ad-watch install the program that you want then open ad-watch and accept the changes

GRAFX 206729.gif

This is happening to me too -- I would like to know why. I cannot find any evidence on any other site that Apple in fact is including spyware with iTunes! You'd think that would be a big media fest.

Hello. You are experiencing a false positive on the iTunes installer in memory. There is nothing malicious going on here and this is occuring most probably due to a recent update in the iTunes installer that is conflicting with a malware signature. This will be addressed in the next definition update, but for now you can "Accept" the harmful process when Ad-Watch informs you...

Thanks

//Steve

Sign in to follow this