Sign in to follow this  
christophe75

Ad Awatch 2007 Has Again Corrupted My Hard Drive

There are some days, I have reported that :

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=10036

Yesdterday evening I had the same effect :

- Network conection stopped

- When I have close computer to reboot ad watch has asked to confirm to close it (it never ask normaly)

- I had a blue screen with a windows error about a dll

- scandisk has detected several corrupted segments on my hard drive about ad aware 2007

If this software attack hard drive of the customers, maybe it s time to switch on the red alert ?

There are some days, I have reported that :

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=10036

Yesdterday evening I had the same effect :

- Network conection stopped

- When I have close computer to reboot ad watch has asked to confirm to close it (it never ask normaly)

- I had a blue screen with a windows error about a dll

- scandisk has detected several corrupted segments on my hard drive about ad aware 2007

If this software attack hard drive of the customers, maybe it s time to switch on the red alert ?

I did finally hear from Support after 5 days and 5 e-mails, but apparently they ignored the first 4.

My tower comes back from the shop tomorrow night.

The tech was able to get "ntldr" reloaded, started in safemode, and system restored to a week ago (BEFORE 2007 update).

I told him to make absolutely certain 2007 was not on the computer anywhere.

And, until someone at lavasoft guarantees me the issues are permanently fixed, it will not go back.

If the earlier version is still on the machine, I will use it.

Once burned, twice shy.

I am no expert, but I do have some computer skills and experience (if the "A" drive had worked I probably could have got it re-lit) dating back to 1970, and saying that, my suggestion is to unload it fully until they get it fixed.

It's your computer and your call.

Goes ditto for me. 2007 is terrible. Took 90% of my processor and then made my system crash when I tried to turn it off. It is now removed from my PC.

:angry: I purchased the Ad-Aware 2007 on the 8/6/07 and was unable to activate it with the serial number I have been given. After many emails back and forth between Lavasoft and me, it still did not accept my serial number. I am experienced at buying software over the net and have had no problems before this however Lavasoft kept telling me to basically just keep trying. There server returned the message " The serial key you entered appeared invalid" over and over again. I searched this forum and found that other buyers had the same problem, now reading of the troubles that some of you are having I think that perhaps I have been lucky that I could not get it to activate. Fortunately it only cost me $23.45 Australian so I will write it off to experience and will probably never trust the net again when it comes to purchasing software. :angry:

:) I purchased the Ad-Aware 2007 on the 8/6/07 and was unable to activate it with the serial number I have been given. After many emails back and forth between Lavasoft and me, it still did not accept my serial number. I am experienced at buying software over the net and have had no problems before this however Lavasoft kept telling me to basically just keep trying. There server returned the message " The serial key you entered appeared invalid" over and over again. I searched this forum and found that other buyers had the same problem, now reading of the troubles that some of you are having I think that perhaps I have been lucky that I could not get it to activate. Fortunately it only cost me $23.45 Australian so I will write it off to experience and will probably never trust the net again when it comes to purchasing software. :D

Did you pay with a credit card?

Dispute the transaction.

When we got the system back up, all folders were present and accounted for.

The "inbox" was populated.

ALL OTHERS were empty, date and time of wiping was when the 2007 program had chewed my OS to the point of stopping.

I just got SE back up and running, old AdWatch functional (24 hours later), but they get no more of my money until they fix 2007 and guarantee in print it will work and not hose my files out.

The cost of this little escapade in dollars and time is unreal.

And I am still trying to get this computer running as it was before.

Sign in to follow this