• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WarrenPS

Software Updates

42 posts in this topic

I received the new Lavasoft software updates this afternoon. After downloading and installing the updates, I restarted Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 and noted several changes in its behavior. First, the program no longer notifies me upon startup about the status of my definition files (current or outdated). Second, when I click on Update, it takes me to the Web Update page. When I click on Update, nothing happens. It seems that the program would at least notify me that my definition files are current. Has anyone else noted this behavior after installing today's updates? Thanks in advance.

I received the new Lavasoft software updates this afternoon. After downloading and installing the updates, I restarted Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 and noted several changes in its behavior. First, the program no longer notifies me upon startup about the status of my definition files (current or outdated). Second, when I click on Update, it takes me to the Web Update page. When I click on Update, nothing happens. It seems that the program would at least notify me that my definition files are current. Has anyone else noted this behavior after installing today's updates? Thanks in advance.

You can read about the update here:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ost&p=45719

Regards, Tobias

Tobias,

Thanks for the link regarding the update. However, it does not address the aforementioned issue regarding the fact that when I click Update on the Web Update - Definitions File page, nothing happens. I am just trying to find out if this is the same experience others are having after the update. It seems to me that the program should inform you that your definition files are current if no update is needed. Thanks for checking this out for me.

According to the instruction manual - "When you perform a Web Update, you will receive verification that your Definitions File is up-to-date or you will be prompted to confirm that you want to download the latest file. The update manager will then launch if there is a new software version available, allowing you to choose to update the software." After today's updates, I no longer receive this verification that my definitions files are up-to-date. At this juncture, I would just like to know if others are experiencing this.

I should have noted in the earlier posts that I am using the Lavasoft 2007 Free edition

I should have noted in the earlier posts that I am using the Lavasoft 2007 Free edition

Hi

Yes, the same thing is happening to me. In fact the new update still has the 6/13 date and not 6/20. The same thing happened with the latest definition update. I am running xp pro with Zone Alarm Pro as a fire wall and System Works 2007 which includes my antivirus program. I have other spy ware programs installed, but none are running live, only when I want to use them including this one.

I am experiencing the same as WarrenPS, after installing the latest software updates (7.0.1.4).

Any anti-spyware program that cannot indicate to the user whether or not its definition files are up-to-date, isn't of much use. And my GUI is telling me that my last update was June 12, when I know I have the definition files from June 19 installed.

Windows XP MCE 2005

IE7

Nod32 AV

Windows Defender

Comodo Firewall Pro

This update was meant to remove the 'Up-to-date' popup at startup only but it seems like all update verifications were removed. We'll address this in an upcoming update.

Regards, Tobias

This update was meant to remove the 'Up-to-date' popup at startup only but it seems like all update verifications were removed. We'll address this in an upcoming update.

Regards, Tobias

thank you. i hope you get this fixed asap, otherwise i really won't be able to use this software.

Regards, Tobias

I am glad to read that this issue will be investigated. I too hope this update will be forthcoming ASAP!!!

ya i too cant see a pop up alert

was this removed disabled

i push update all i see is NEW AVERSION AVALIBLE at it sits

tobias how do i know when to check for updates?

ya i too cant see a pop up alert

was this removed disabled

i push update all i see is NEW AVERSION AVALIBLE at it sits

tobias how do i know when to check for updates?

is .12 aval

if not how do i know new defs are aval

Edited by cootmaster

If you click the 'update' button and there are updates available the program will tell you so in a pop-up dialog. If no pop-up is displayed that means that no updates are available.

Regards, Tobias

please readd the bubble

imo ppl WANT the bubble

checking constantly is annoying and time consuming

please re add

please readd the bubble

imo ppl WANT the bubble

checking constantly is annoying and time consuming

please re add

Ad-Aware will still automatically perform the check on startup, so if you start Ad-Aware and get no pop-up you know that there are no updates.

Regards, Tobias

If you click the 'update' button and there are updates available the program will tell you so in a pop-up dialog. If no pop-up is displayed that means that no updates are available.

Regards, Tobias

is this "new" normal behavior for adaware 2007? or a new bug?

Ad-Aware will still automatically perform the check on startup, so if you start Ad-Aware and get no pop-up you know that there are no updates.

Regards, Tobias

Tobias,

Thanks for the information. However, I feel most of us would prefer to have some form of notification that we have the latest updates, particularly if we hit the "Update" button. Nonetheless, I guess I can presume that my Lavasoft 2007 Free version is working as it was designed to based upon your latest post.

ya i prefer the alert on startup

i can see it right away

i guess tobias

is saying

NO POP on start/ manual check no updates

POP on start/manual check updates aval

and you ONLY see it if aval

and if not you don't see anything

id like see it way was

Edited by cootmaster

Tobias,

I would like to express my gratitude for your willingness to help us understand the issue regarding update notifications. I now realize that updates will still occur and that we shall receive a pop-up notification only when they are available. Of course, I think it is quite obvious that we would still prefer to get a pop-up telling us our files are current whenever we hit the "Update" button. Hopefully, this issue can be addressed in future updates of the software. Thanks again for your patience!!

Tobias,

I would like to express my gratitude for your willingness to help us understand the issue regarding update notifications. I now realize that updates will still occur and that we shall receive a pop-up notification only when they are available. Of course, I think it is quite obvious that we would still prefer to get a pop-up telling us our files are current whenever we hit the "Update" button. Hopefully, this issue can be addressed in future updates of the software. Thanks again for your patience!!

You are most welcome. It is hard to please everyone with these things - some people like the notifications and others find them really annoying. What we most likely will do in this case is to let people choose whether they want the notifications or not by implementing a setting for it.

Regards, Tobias

You are most welcome. It is hard to please everyone with these things - some people like the notifications and others find them really annoying. What we most likely will do in this case is to let people choose whether they want the notifications or not by implementing a setting for it.

Regards, Tobias

that would be a good solution.

yes i would implement a feature in next updates in the options

ALERT POPUPS OFF check mark or X

POP UPS ON check mark or X

{SAVE}

add this into the SETTINGS GUI TAB

Im having the same update problem too..

Edited by gbp007

Tobias,

Thanks for the link regarding the update. However, it does not address the aforementioned issue regarding the fact that when I click Update on the Web Update - Definitions File page, nothing happens. I am just trying to find out if this is the same experience others are having after the update. It seems to me that the program should inform you that your definition files are current if no update is needed. Thanks for checking this out for me.

Hello,

When I click on Update nothing occurs except below in a box "New Ad-Aware 2007 released" appears. It is very frustrating. If this doesn't get resolved then I am going to ask for a refund and go back to Ad-Aware SE.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0