Sign in to follow this  
seadogdan

Error Message 6000

More than 50% of the times that I have attempted a scan I get the Error 6000 Lost Connection message. Lost connection to what? Am on broadband and none of my other programs show signs of losing connection to the internet so I am at a loss as to what it means and how to fix.

Dan

I am also getting an Error 6000 message. I have the free version installed on both XP Home and XP Pro systems. Both are running Service Pack 2 and otherwise current with updates for Windows and any other software. The XP Home system displays this error when first loading, and attempting to update on program start (I set it that way). After 2 or three times of this coming up it does eventually update. Other than that it runs scans fine, both Smart Scan and Full Scan. The XP Pro system on the other hand exhibits an entirely different scenario, with the same Error 6000 message. In this case the program loads fine (also set to update on program start), however it will only complete a Smart Scan, and displays the error message during a Full System Scan and terminates the program 'gracefully'.

I previously tested the BETA version on on both of these systems, as well as one running 2000 Pro, and all 3 performed well without any errors or obvious side effects. Any ideas why the final release would cause issues on one system and not the other? The hardware on trouble some PC is more capable of handling the resource requirements than the one that is working (faster CPU and more RAM).

Edited by 1WyseAss

We have some indications on that this error may have to do with the archive scanning. Try turning off the 'Deep archive scan' setting under Settings > Scanning > Scanning Options and see if that helps.

We are working on a fix for this.

Regards, Tobias

We have some indications on that this error may have to do with the archive scanning. Try turning off the 'Deep archive scan' setting under Settings > Scanning > Scanning Options and see if that helps.

Regards, Tobias

I got this error message when I tried to convert from SE to 2007 Plus. After the 2007 Plus was installed, it "tried" to go out to the "web update server" but I got a server is busy message. Then I got the "Service error: 6000 has occurred. Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service. Terminating gracefully...". I'm going round in circles and I can't get the 2007 Plus to properly install so I can START to use the software. I'm so frustrated, I'm going to reinstall the SE version and just wait until somebody replies to me (I've sent an e-mail to Support and haven't received any response yet). Can you help me?

Regards, Tobias

Please work faster................... 858 total items detected and it gives me Service error 6000 when Remove is selected. Good Luck, ............Nahual

Sign in to follow this