Sign in to follow this  
springscherry7

Error 1720

i am tryin to uninstall ad-aware 2007 and its tellin me theres an error 1720 problem with windows installer package and its driving me nuts i dont know what to do not sure if i can reinstall it without uninstalling it ... help please anyone? thanks:-)

i am tryin to uninstall ad-aware 2007 and its tellin me theres an error 1720 problem with windows installer package and its driving me nuts i dont know what to do not sure if i can reinstall it without uninstalling it ... help please anyone? thanks:-)

Hi, :angry:

Please try this link > http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.a...ticleid=Q107293 <<

It should help you, if not you have to delete lava files manually.

Kindly

Regards

Razel :angry:

Hi, :angry:

Please try this link > http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.a...ticleid=Q107293 <<

It should help you, if not you have to delete lava files manually.

Kindly

Regards

Razel :angry:

I looked at the link and it made absolutely no sense to me.

Is there any chance of some kind of step-by-step, plain English guide to getting rid of this thing for the computer illiterate?

Thanks

[edit: not to worry, system restore got rid of the problem for me]

Edited by Kaykee

I looked at the link and it made absolutely no sense to me.

Is there any chance of some kind of step-by-step, plain English guide to getting rid of this thing for the computer illiterate?

Thanks

[edit: not to worry, system restore got rid of the problem for me]

yeah i tried system resotre.... didnt work for me it owuldnt let me go back to a couple days ago for some reason ;) anyways ill try the link thanks !

try doing this:

If you are using Vista (why would you be):

Start>type in CMD in the search right click on the cmd.exe found and click "Run as Administrator".

Once at the command prompt type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" (without quotes).

If you are using XP/2003 then just goto Start>Run (also accessible by using Windows Key-R) and type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" (without quotes).

Now try to uninstall...

Hope this helps you.

Michael

Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Tester

Edited by 0vermind

try doing this:

If you are using Vista (why would you be):

Start>type in CMD in the search right click on the cmd.exe found and click "Run as Administrator".

Once at the command prompt type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" (without quotes).

If you are using XP/2003 then just goto Start>Run (also accessible by using Windows Key-R) and type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" (without quotes).

Now try to uninstall...

Hope this helps you.

Michael

Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Tester

I have windows xp and tried doing what you said, still can't remove it. Get the same message. Didn't have this problem until I upgraded to 2007. If I ever get rid of it, it will never be back!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this