Sign in to follow this  
psyched123

Serial Number Is Invalid! No Help From Support

Last week I purchased the new Ad-Aware Plus 2007 and was sent a Serial number to activate the account. When entered, it always comes back Invalid. I have tried uninstalling and downloading the program = Serial Number Invalid.

I have written to Support several times concerning this. The only thing I receive is are standard emails descibing the proceedure for Registering. Yesterday, I requested a return of my subscription money - No Response.

Your program does not register and you refuse to respond to my requests for help. Have I just lost the money sent to you?

The same senerio has happened to me...On-line Purchase and registration key returns invalid.

I've sent serveral messages to support, but to date, there has been no response other than a instruction standard form.

I ordered the media CD as well and I'm waiting for it to arrive in the hope that the key might work with the "customized" disk...we'll see, it's now been a week since the order was placed and no CD yet.

I find it hard to recommend their services or products to others since I haven't recieved satisfaction on my order...If this were EBAY, I'd demand a refund and give them a poor review.

I'm willing to give them a little more time to make good on my order...but not much more.

I hate to think it will require a lawsuit, (maybe even a class-action suit), to force a response and resolution.

You shouldn't need a lawsuit, just a call to your credit card. If this isn't cleared up in a couple of days, I'm planning to call my credit card and deny the charge.

Usually, all the card company needs to reverse the charge is some documentation of your purchase and a written explaination of the company's failure to deliver what you purchased. Let's hope for Lavasoft finally steps up and takes care of this.

You shouldn't need a lawsuit, just a call to your credit card. If this isn't cleared up in a couple of days, I'm planning to call my credit card and deny the charge.

Usually, all the card company needs to reverse the charge is some documentation of your purchase and a written explaination of the company's failure to deliver what you purchased. Let's hope for Lavasoft finally steps up and takes care of this.

Hi, psyched123 ;)

please have look to >> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...l=Serial+number <<

Hope it helps.

Regards

Raziel

The same senerio has happened to me...On-line Purchase and registration key returns invalid.

I've sent serveral messages to support, but to date, there has been no response other than a instruction standard form.

I ordered the media CD as well and I'm waiting for it to arrive in the hope that the key might work with the "customized" disk...we'll see, it's now been a week since the order was placed and no CD yet.

I find it hard to recommend their services or products to others since I haven't recieved satisfaction on my order...If this were EBAY, I'd demand a refund and give them a poor review.

I'm willing to give them a little more time to make good on my order...but not much more.

I hate to think it will require a lawsuit, (maybe even a class-action suit), to force a response and resolution.

Hi :D ,

please have a look to >> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...l=Serial+number <<

It should help you.

Kind

Regards

Raziel ;)

iI have the same problem, I paid for a 3 year licence, it just will not recognise the serial number.

I followed the advice from Lavasoft in the post above with no success.

Methinks I'd be better cancelling the CCard transaction and getting a refund.

No. Those instructions do not help. I have recieved and appied exactly them several times and it always comes back Invalid.

It seems that this is a real issue with a large number of subscibers. I can't understand why Lavasoft doesn't want to help us with any thing other than the standard instructions. At least in our cases, they clearly don't work. We need some personal attention to get this resolved.

Although, I bought the subscription for my home computer, I sent my credit card purchase from the computer at work.

Could it be that Lavasoft will only recognize the computer from where the money was sent?

Although, I bought the subscription for my home computer, I sent my credit card purchase from the computer at work.

Could it be that Lavasoft will only recognize the computer from where the money was sent?

I ordered the program from a friends PC as I had moved house and my Broadband connection was not connected, though it is now.

What I did do was to put the program and all the emails I got on a CD, then I deleted all references to the transaction, the emails & the program.

No good.

Maybe time to move to another :D:)

Wow. It looks like when you place your order, they note the identity of the computer from where the order was sent and the Serial number will only work on that computer.

Since you cleaned everything and started over without success, they have locked your Serial number to your friend's computer and my work computer at work. Buyers should definitely be warned of this!

Without any help from their Support, it looks like we've just lost our subcription. Hopefully, they'll evetually read our posts and do something. I'll wait 'till Monday, then reverse the subcription charges on my credit card, and go shopping.

Well, the issue about the hardware key on a particular computer is partially true. I successfully installed my 2007 upgrade on my XP workstation, however when I upgraded it to Windows ("Hasta la") Vista, several applications I had installed -- including Office 2007! -- required manual intervention to reset the hardware/OS key on their databases so I could reinstall the program successfully. I didn't change any hardware on the computer, just the OS. So it's more than a hardware signature, unless of course Vista screws around with that, too!

A nice feature of the AlcoholSoft (CD util software) site is that you can log on to your account, pick one of your licenses and transfer the license to a different machine by resetting the old key to the machine it was established wtih so you can reinstall on another (removing it from the other permanently -- the old pc will be unable to load the program since this is verified via internet, if connected I believe). Anyway, what a gift! Don't have to call anyone, send a slew of emails that get answered in about 3 days... This seems a far superior method to what Lavasoft and countless other software firms do using the shoot and hide method, I call it.

Maybe someone on the Lavasoft IT staff should contact AlcoholSoft and get some ideas. These software companies in their noble efforts to stem piracy of their software programs figure they have to resort to all this machine imprint stuff. I have 3 computers but I only use one at a time -- believe me -- and for the life of me, I can't understand why I must always have to purchase 3 sets of software because the license is tied to the machine and not the user account! It's getting better, but as these posts tell, the frustration users get on this makes them quit the software purchase altogether. Not exactly a win-win.

I dropped Symantec recently because of stuff like this. I wish we could live with Borland's old simple software licensing philosophy: this software is like a book; you can make copies for your own use and install on multiple machines but only if they are used exclusively, one at a time. Hard to document and enforce, of course. But this licensing crap gets stupid.

Same problem here,except I cant even update the def's,.The "you really are an idiot,cant you read instructions" email from "support " are completely useless.The free version of adaware se was always updated,always worked and to be quite honest,I trust it more than this mess I paid for.I'm cancelling my cc order and reinstalling the free version.

Hi all,

In some ways I'm happy the issue is not only with me, but disapointed with what I have seen. I have also had my serial number turned off but my account claims that I do have a 12 mths subscription...why lavasoft have decided to ignore us is questionable.

Anyhow, what makes this more interesting is that my son has three website and is keeping a very close eye on this for the reviews he gives for security software. At the moment I have told him to wait but by looking at all you comments I think I will tell him to change his mind and go ahead with his comments.

Hopefully Lavasoft will change them minds, become professionals and actually answer the questions that are being asked. It's a very powerful promotion for them to ignore someone for over 4 days, leave them hanging but have no problems with taking money.

With AdwareSE you never had this problem, but when a software company decided to change their registration without using the professional person, this is what will happen. It can't be a professional that has designed this as they would of placed these problems via the "f.a.q." section from the beta testing results.

Saying about that, if these errors were in the beta version why did Lavasoft decided to keep it quite...I wonder if other companies that sell this software are aware of this? I guess we will have to wait for a response if any from these people or possible look at going to my bank over a "fraud" transcation as the service they are supplying are clearly not being met....

Anyway, let's see..

I joined this forum in the hope that I would be able to obtain the advice needed to register my 2007 plus version.

From what I see, it aint gonna happen.

Like so many others I'm stuck with a piece of software which is of little or no use to me. Having requested help via Element 5 on several occasions, and having had no useful response. I must now wait until such time that Lavasoft decide (if ever) to address their responsibilities to paying customers.

Element 5 through whom I made my purchase, tell me to log into customer support with my email addy (to which for some obscure reason best known to themselves) they have added "-1"

This of course does not work. Neither does my unedited email addy. So, NO customer support!

I've used licenced Ad-Aware for several years without a hitch, but this fiasco could quite easily change things.

This is without a doubt, the most ridiculous situation I could imagine. Frankly I cannot understand how Lavasoft are managing to keep a lid on it. Can you imagine the hue & cry there would be if Norton or McAffee released licenced security software which could not be registered & conciquently, could not be updated?

I have been working on this invalid registration key issue since I downloaded Ad-Aware Pro 2007 on June 9th. Every comment made on this forum is exactly what I have experienced even to the point of the "no brainer" responses that I received from the supposed tech support.

I have uninstalled reinstalled twice even removing it from my registry, I have followed the instructions that I have received to the "T" with no results, and I have not received a support reply to my e-mail in almost two weeks. I recently sent a copy of my element5 invoice, a screen shot of my licenses shown in my Lavasoft profile requesting either a new download or a full refund.

To make matters worst I downloaded Ad-Aware SE Pro for my laptop right before the release of 2007 and I'm getting a message saying that my license is expired and I need to upgrade. This was a 12 month license!

I have been an Ad-Aware user since 2004 without a problem and with very good tech support when the need arose. Something stinks at Lavasoft and now their support e-mail comes back stating that it may take some time for a response due to the volume of e-mails they are receiving since the release of 2007.

I should have went with my gut feeling and waited until the bugs were out before upgrading.

Sadly, I can report almost the exact same things as pretty much everyone listed above, other than that I haven't heard back from Support, since I just sent my 1st email about this issue an hour ago. Like kdh, I knew there was something stinky in fish town when I had that issue installing it, having to do everything but give my comp an enema before it would install. I too think I should have waited for things to sort themselves out and this thread to die due to it being resolved for _everyone_...

Now, I get it installed and want the Pro version I paid for, not the free ver, and I can't reg it. Lame is my thought. Been using this prog since the version before SE, without so much as a single issue that I can recall. This does not bode well for many of us, I believe.

I'm starting to regret purchasing this version, & I hope someone pulls their head out soon, as there are a number of unhappy paying customers who can't get what they paid for, and it's not like it is a one off problem, based upon the # of posts this has received. Hope Lavasoft is listening/monitoring this, because they are P*ssing off many of their long term customers, who are the ones that are by far the best word of mouth advertising a company could never buy.... :angry:

Edited by alha

It's, now, been five days with no reponse from Support. It appears that they have just abandoned all of us who sent them money and were sent invalid Serial numbers.

It's, now, been five days with no reponse from Support. It appears that they have just abandoned all of us who sent them money and were sent invalid Serial numbers.

I eventually got reply after 2 weeks from Patrick General Support.

Whooppee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But !!!!!!!!!!!!!

He sent me original serial number and it still doesn't work entered manually with no firewall of course.

Why is lavasoft hiding from us if they are a legit organisation??

Same situation here. I actually ordered the product from the same PC that wont register. Two responses from LS Support telling me how to perform the obviously simple but possibly too hard for me to understand procedure of typing in the serial number. I even sent them screen grabs showing the process including all numbers and response dialog but I still received the form email in reply. Now I don't get any answer. Been over 2 weeks and looks like I've bought a 3 year dog! :angry: :wub:;):angry2:

One more for the pile, i have every single issue described by all the rest of you thus far in this post, no need to repeat just rea up lol

Greetings,

Same issues with me.

Bought June 9.

Serial Number(s)

Ad-Aware 2007 Plus - Including 1 year license

------------------

June 10th

> I have installed 2007+ on my system and it worked.

> Then I rebuilt my pc. Rebuild failed. Rebuilt again. Now trying to install again and it says Serial Key provided Appears invalid.

>

> I just bought this yesterday!

------------------

June 12th

Ad Aware + 2007 is still not working after 2 successful installs on the same machine. 3rd install on same machine still not working.

It says my key 'APPEARS TO BE INVALID'

This program calls home during install. I can only assume that it is locked on your end somehow. Just as my WinXP was. I had to call them to get another key. Please check your end.

Thank you.

------------------

ONLY Clue thus far

Note: Each license has an individual serial number that can only activated on one computer only.

------------------

June 13th

AAW 2007 Plus has ONLY ever been installed on ONE machine.

It installed, UPDATED, and REGISTERED fine the first time.

But then I REBUILT my pc.

It installed, UPDATED, and REGISTERED fine the 2nd time on the SAME machine.

My rebuild got corrupted shortly there after.

So I REBUILT my pc a 2nd time.

I can now INSTALL AAW 2007+.

I can now UPDATE AAW 2007+.

But I CAN NOT REGISTER AAW 2007+.

It tells me that it is Updated.

But when I try to Register it says "...Serial Key does not appear valid"

I am using the same Key that was sent to me.

I have used the same download and a new download.

I have typed in the key.

I have no firewall because WinXP SP1 does not have one. I have yet to install SP2.

Now, if someone will actually read this and stop with the canned responses that gives CS such a bad rep...

----------------------

June 27th (resent)

I need my key unlocked or a new one. I would rather not reverse the charge on my credit card.

> AAW 2007 Plus has ONLY ever been installed on ONE machine.

> It installed, UPDATED, and REGISTERED fine the first time.

> But then I REBUILT my pc.

> It installed, UPDATED, and REGISTERED fine the 2nd time on the SAME machine.

> My rebuild got corrupted shortly there after.

> So I REBUILT my pc a 2nd time.

> I can now INSTALL AAW 2007+.

> I can now UPDATE AAW 2007+.

> But I CAN NOT REGISTER AAW 2007+.

> It tells me that it is Updated.

> But when I try to Register it says "...Serial Key does not appear valid"

> I am using the same Key that was sent to me.

> I have used the same download and a new download.

> I have typed in the key.

> I have no firewall because WinXP SP1 does not have one. I have yet to install SP2.

---------------------

June 27th (sent to Element 5)

This product is not working. I have sent 5+ emails to Lavasoft for support but they reply with inane responses.

Looks like I will have to reverse/cancel this charge through my credit card company unles you can get lavasoft to fix my issue?

---------------------

Note- I went on vacation for ~9 days. Came back and NO response.

I guess it is time to cancel charge card tranxtion.

Why pay for it? Free version does everything I really need. Manual start is not an issue...

---------------------

Lavasoft. Get your act together.

Clearly, my SN is not working because I rebuilt my machine. No new HW. XP had been installed about 5 times prev. so I had to call MS to get a new key to register XP. Not the same XP Key. After that Adaware+ NOT REGISTERING. Clearly this is the issue and your engineers have no clue after years of making your software of what simple kinds of issues they have ever run into with software in thier own experiences let alone what your customers have ever had issues with. Fire your proj mgrs and dba's and give that young kid in the back corner who is laughing at the 'more experienced' people a chance to fix this!

Really, this can not be that difficult to fix...

Jeeeesz I wish I has read this thread before BUYING this product.

I have not had my serial number AT ALL yet!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Totally and completely disgusted with this company - especuially as you should be able to trust a company that makes thing which should FIX your machines.

This lot of news is going to the blogosphere... sorry Lavasoft, his is VERY VERY poor.

Jeeeesz I wish I has read this thread before BUYING this product.

I have not had my serial number AT ALL yet!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Totally and completely disgusted with this company - especuially as you should be able to trust a company that makes thing which should FIX your machines.

This lot of news is going to the blogosphere... sorry Lavasoft, his is VERY VERY poor.

Agreed! Expecially since there is no official response of any value from Lavasoft that I have seen or found. We are going on a number of weeks now with no response to 'invalid keys'. Pretty lame!

Peace and Blessings

Just when I had printed my credit card charge dispute and was ready to mail it, I got an email from Support. It said that, if I replied to their email with my hardware imprint, they would send an Unlock Key for my machine. I was really hoping to report a success to you guys .

No luck. I returned the hardware information to them two days ago and NOTHING!! No acknowledgement of my returned email and, of course, no unlock key.

Like you - still waiting ..........

I am having the same problem: No serial number and I purchased it two weeks ago. I keep emailing support and receive the canned "be patient" we're busy email. I received my disk in the mail today. . . I hoped it would have a serial number on it. It does not. I need the serial number I paid for...Nobody will respond to me.

I know they're reading my email because I attach a read /receive receipt to my messages. When I email them, first I get the message my email was delivered, then I get my "automated be patient email from them" and then about 10 minutes later I get a read receipt that someone has actually looked at my email. I have been sending messages since Friday of last week! I PLACED MY ORDER TUESDAY THE 19TH OF JUNE AND STILL NO SERIAL NUMBER. . . >:huh:

Sign in to follow this