Sign in to follow this  
psyched123

Serial Number Is Invalid! No Help From Support

this is the latest e-mail i got from support

Dear User,

You will shortly receive a new serial number which you can use to register your copy of Ad-Aware 2007.

Please allow 24 hours for this email to arrive.

Please check you spam box if you suspect that the email has not arrived in your inbox.

This will be sent from email address [email protected]

To register and activate your realtime features in Ad-Aware please complete the following.

1. Open Ad-Aware

2. Click on Register

3. select your correct license from the drop down menu "Select License Type"

4. Enter your new serial number in the Serial Number field

5. Click "Ok", Connect to Lavasoft Server to verify.

6. When your license key has been verified please restart Ad-Aware to activate the real-time features.

Please note:

Make sure the Caps lock is not on as it is case sensitive.

Also make sure the correct product/license type is selected from the drop down menu.

*** You may need to disable your Firewall to allow for the registration connection.***

Please note that the license period starts from time of activation, you will receive your full license.

Regards

The Lavasoft Support Team

Instead of the Unlock key that they promised to fix my Serial number problem, they sent me another Serial number. Guess what - "Serial Number appears Invaid" What is wrong with these guys??

I just sent them this message:

"This is the second Serial number that you have sent me that comes back Invalid. The Serial numbers just don't work.

You sent me an email that said that because the Serial numbers don't work, you would send me an Unlock key. Instead, I just received another non-working Serial number. Please send the Unlock key that you promised so that we can see if that will work."

Same situation here. I actually ordered the product from the same PC that wont register. Two responses from LS Support telling me how to perform the obviously simple but possibly too hard for me to understand procedure of typing in the serial number. I even sent them screen grabs showing the process including all numbers and response dialog but I still received the form email in reply. Now I don't get any answer. Been over 2 weeks and looks like I've bought a 3 year dog! :)

Support have responded! I was asked to provide my hardware fingerprint for a new serial number. Done and done! All working with no discernible problems. :D

Support have responded! I was asked to provide my hardware fingerprint for a new serial number. Done and done! All working with no discernible problems. :)

Well, I got mine to work placing the key in the app.

I had to disable the Norton, and then the windows firewaqlls as well as disable the Norton Protection center and remove AVG virus resident.

Disable all the stuff that runs at startup and try again.

You may get lucky.

However, the email link to the support center to login still does not work.

Please see this latest post by LS Tobias which is pinned in the Ad-Aware 2007 subforum:

Registration Problem Resolved

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=10499

We have numerous topics going here in the forum on Registration problems, but I think that will solve quite a few of them. Our Support Staff is working around the clock with increased personnel to manage responses via the Support Center and therefore, they specifically cannot monitor posts here in the forums. We have other LS staff monitoring the issues raised in these forums and they are reading your posts and alerting appropriate staff to find resolutions. If we do not get a chance to post in your particular topic, it may have been answered elsewhere.

We also have a team of volunteers helping other Ad-Aware users that are also actively monitoring the forums and trying to post responses where they can.

I moved this topic to the Ad-Aware 2007 subforum where it should be more easily seen by LS staff and volunteers

:o I'm having the same problem as everyone else in this forum. I've a good friend who's an attorney, and I'm about to pay for him to get what I got (or, more precisely, for him to get what got deducted from my bank but does not work). If it does not install, he'll have a gleam in his eye after reading up. I'm thinking class action. Has anyone started a lawsuit yet? If not, I think next Wednesday I'll be contacting my attorney friend... much better than a refund!

Oh. I think my last post got deleted, maybe because I was a bit indignant - but I did not use bad language, nor threaten beyond a possible chargeback. This time I've made a screen capture, for evidence. More fodder, if this post gets removed. I don't really care that much about the money for something not (yet) received. I care that the problem has, via posts in this forum, obviously existed for a long time and there is no warning to the potential buyer and no apparent solution. But they keep taking money regardless. Existing posts could be considered legal evidence and it might be illegal to delete them without very good cause that could be shown to a court of law (hard copy of what got deleted).

Maybe this problem might qualify as "bait and switch", or something similar in legal terms. I might be finding out next Wednesday. Depends on what Lavasoft has done for me (and others) by then. I'm not joking.

RGME

First of all - have you been in contact with support? As a paying customer you are entitled to support from the support center (http://lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/). They are able to to provide you with new serials or unlock codes if the ones you got do not work.

If they are unable to help you and you cannot get Ad-Aware 2007 to run on your system you are entitled to a refund.

Regards, Tobias

First of all - have you been in contact with support? As a paying customer you are entitled to support from the support center (http://lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/). They are able to to provide you with new serials or unlock codes if the ones you got do not work.

If they are unable to help you and you cannot get Ad-Aware 2007 to run on your system you are entitled to a refund.

Regards, Tobias

Hi, Tobias-

:D Yes indeed, and I've gotten the automated replies but nothing else in 7 days. What I'm annoyed about is that the failure to accept the registration/serial number is a long standing problem now with many people around the world. I've recommended Ad-Aware for many years, I've done my share towards their financial success. The lack of timely response to a registration problem amounts to hijacking of funds used for payment against the buyer's informed consent; an involuntary interest free loan at the very least. Maybe that's legal in Sweden, home of Lavasoft, but it's not in the USA. Regardless of legalities, it's a big hit to the Lavasoft reputation. One might expect program bugs in a new product version, but that has little or nothing to do with timely product support when someone doesn't get what they paid for -- that's a purposeful human inaction, not a program bug.

I can still do a chargeback, I think USA law gives me up to 30 days to contest the payment with a credit card. Getting a refund is not the issue. A historically reputable company that is acting, imho, quite non reputably by continuing to accept orders without notice to the buyer up front that there might be weeks or months of delay before a working registration serial number or a non-chargeback initiated refund is provided, is what might very well be considered intentional fraud by laws in many countries. Even in Sweden, I bet, home of Lavasoft. A buyer is always entitled to be informed of known issues that might prevent or severely delay delivery of what is being paid for. Looking at the dates of the posts in this forum, that issue has been known of and yet it remains uncorrected for many weeks. That's intentional. I don't think it legal or ethical, and it's hurting people. If only in the USA, I want sales of Ad-Aware 2007 versions stopped immediately until all related serial number/registration/sales issues are resolved. Lavasoft should have already done that, voluntarily.

RGME

I have just joind this forum because of the same problem. My AV is McAfee all its components have been diabled and 2007 will not register. Lavasoft suport no help at all. This program is a total wast of money. At least I am not alone :D

i contacted support and within 24 hrs they emailed me back agreeing to refund and that was about 25 days after purchase so in fairness they do respond to refund requests

Sign in to follow this