Sign in to follow this  
WallowaGuy

Need Help With Ssl Download Failed Message

When I open AdAware 2007 I get an AdAware error message that says "Event SSL Download failed. Suggested Action Run Webupdate."

When I open the Web Update window (definitions file) the Update button is inactive. I can't seem to download any updates (software or defintions). Can anyone offer any explanations or tips?

I've been given the impression that I can download the most recent version (7.0.1.4) through the update button. Is that correct?

Thanks

WallowaGuy

Hello

i had the same problem

i have norton security

i alow www.lavasoft.com to exit/come in with ssl in norton

internet security/firewall/configure/advanced/general tools/in bloc acces to ssl ...

When I open AdAware 2007 I get an AdAware error message that says "Event SSL Download failed. Suggested Action Run Webupdate."

When I open the Web Update window (definitions file) the Update button is inactive. I can't seem to download any updates (software or defintions). Can anyone offer any explanations or tips?

I've been given the impression that I can download the most recent version (7.0.1.4) through the update button. Is that correct?

Thanks

WallowaGuy

Yes, you can download the updates through the update button.

Are you running any firewall software that could be blocking the update? If so, you will probably have to explicitly allow the program to connect, or temporarily disable the firewall while downloading.

Regards, Tobias

Hello

i had the same problem

i have norton security

i alow www.lavasoft.com to exit/come in with ssl in norton

internet security/firewall/configure/advanced/general tools/in bloc acces to ssl ...

The updates don't go through www.lavasoft.com. Does Norton allow you to use wildcads in the URLs you allow? If so, please add *.lavasoft.com to the allowed connections list.

Regards, Tobias

Hello

so i said i add www.lavasoft.com and it work

without www.lavasoft.com it work not

thus for me it's ok

Are you running any firewall software that could be blocking the update? If so, you will probably have to explicitly allow the program to connect, or temporarily disable the firewall while downloading.

Regards, Tobias

Hello to everyone who might be having the "SSL Download failed" error! Tobias is right. You need to get the Update Manager to work around your firewall. I'm using the Earthlink ISP firewall. I temporarily turned it off and then I was able to download both the new version (7.0.1.4) of AdAware 2007 and the new definitions. I then turned the firewall back on. I added the Update Manager to my firewall exceptions list. Hopefully, that will allow me to get definition updates with the firewall up.

Tobias, since this firewall issue seems to be plaguing many people should the forum moderator consider posting a pinned note for this issue?

WallowaGuy

Regards, Tobias

Hello to everyone who might be having the "SSL Download failed" error! Tobias is right. You need to get the Update Manager to work around your firewall. I'm using the Earthlink ISP firewall. I temporarily turned it off and then I was able to download both the new version (7.0.1.4) of AdAware 2007 and the new definitions. I then turned the firewall back on. I added the Update Manager to my firewall exceptions list. Hopefully, that will allow me to get definition updates with the firewall up.

Tobias, since this firewall issue seems to be plaguing many people should the forum moderator consider posting a pinned note for this issue?

WallowaGuy

i got that to this evening i dont have anythat stuff

both the forum and the check server wasnt working i got the message w adaware and url timed out

its ok now but i notice sometimes forum takes while load pages

i got that to this evening i dont have anythat stuff

both the forum and the check server wasnt working i got the message w adaware and url timed out

its ok now but i notice sometimes forum takes while load pages

Hi,

I have Norton Internet Security 2006 and had the same problem. I finally, in desperation, manually added the aawservice.exe from the the Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007 file folder to allowed programs under the personal firewall and for the first time my definitions updated.

Hopeful,

Deb

Ensure you are using version 7.0.1.5. Uninstall all previous versions - reboot and resinstall with new version.

For you home users using NIS - adding www.lavasoft.com or *.lavasoft.com works. If you using Zone Alarm or Norton Personal Firewall - allowing the service will work as well. Adding the site lavasoft.com to your browsers allow list may help.

For you corporate users behind a router, adding an allow rule to your acl for the following ip addresses should allow the updates to take place.

82.99.19.14 (dlserver4.download.lavasoft.com)

82.99.19.15 (dlserver5.download.lavasoft.com)

82.99.19.16 (dlserver6.download.lavasoft.com)

There appears to be no valid pattern, but I noticed that one of the servers actually pushes the news announcements to the Adaware interface located under the update section, while another actually validates and pushes the update. All three addresses are required for the update to work.

Seem like a lot of maintenance for home/corporate users to get a simple update service to work!

Edited by rags

Sign in to follow this