Sign in to follow this  
moonsbreath

Authenticity Verified With Red X

New Problem

I logged off my computer and came back on, did not shut-down pc. When Ad-Aware was loading a box popped up stating:

Event

Outdated Def File

Suggested Action

Run Webupdate

I went to Web Update and tried to manually update file and nothing happens.

Also, there is now a red X beside Authenticity Verified. I attempted to re-enter my serial number and it states that my serial number appears to be invalid, but it was working earlier.

I have attempted five times to re-enter my serial number and have also rebooted my system and it still won't take it.

This is not good.

Help!

Try closing Ad-Aware and then starting it again.

If that doesn't help and you cannot download the Definitions File through the software, download the file manually from:

http://download.lavasoft.com/public/core.zip

Unzip the file and put it in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\ and restart Ad-Aware.

Regarding the serial number: you will not be able to re-submit your serial number once you have registered, nor should you have to. The warning you experience appear when the Definitions File is outdated or corrupted for some reason, and simply requires you to get new definitions.

Regards, Tobias

I unzipped the file and still no new definitions updated. I still get the error box.

I forgot to mention I have the Pro version. I also use XP.

Thank you! :D

D*mn def crashed again got red X had get the zip didnt do anything unless i put in wrong place whats the path the def file is in? why heck it keep doing it!

its getting really anoying

I unzipped the file and still no new definitions updated. I still get the error box.

I forgot to mention I have the Pro version. I also use XP.

Thank you! ;)

ya i tried the zip like moon it doesnt help

only re installing fixes it its getting VERY ANNOYING!

i got red x again

why does keep corrupting

dl defs dont work its like every month it conks out

Sign in to follow this