Sign in to follow this  
fishcatcher52@gmail.com

Ad Watch Issues

No cookies - ever !

JLC,

You are not alone.

My Adwatch plus used to clock hundreds of reg events on Windows start, etc.

Most of these don't come up now since they added the user list feature (why wasn't this in at the start, like other security programs ?) But if you uninstall /install any programs you don't get any "reg change allow / block ?" dialogs like you used to with AW6SE.

Tobias has replied to me in the past to try to convince me that this is normal and AW2007 is allowing the changes because it detects them as no threat. Sorry, Tobias, I don't mean any disrespect to you personally but I don't go with that.

As for cookies - after the initial installation scan, I have never had AdWatch find any cookies in real time EVER. I know they coming in 'cos offline scans with AW & other products find them.

I have been watching this thread and I tried all the stuff Tobias has suggested to you to enable cookie detection. Result - nothing, not a single one spotted in realtime by AdWatch.

Scans reveal several have made it on to my PC, but Adwatch is happy to let them in.

I think AdWatch just doesn't work - at least for me.

Phil424

No cookies - ever !

JLC,

You are not alone.

My Adwatch plus used to clock hundreds of reg events on Windows start, etc.

Most of these don't come up now since they added the user list feature (why wasn't this in at the start, like other security programs ?) But if you uninstall /install any programs you don't get any "reg change allow / block ?" dialogs like you used to with AW6SE.

Tobias has replied to me in the past to try to convince me that this is normal and AW2007 is allowing the changes because it detects them as no threat. Sorry, Tobias, I don't mean any disrespect to you personally but I don't go with that.

As for cookies - after the initial installation scan, I have never had AdWatch find any cookies in real time EVER. I know they coming in 'cos offline scans with AW & other products find them.

I have been watching this thread and I tried all the stuff Tobias has suggested to you to enable cookie detection. Result - nothing, not a single one spotted in realtime by AdWatch.

Scans reveal several have made it on to my PC, but Adwatch is happy to let them in.

I think AdWatch just doesn't work - at least for me.

Phil424

I agree, I have tried all the stuff Tobias has suggested to enable cookie detection. Result - nothing, not a single one spotted in realtime by AdWatch since I installed it.

Scans by Ad-Aware and Spybot reveal that several have made on to my PC which I have deleted.

Ad-watch doesn't work for me.

Windows XP Home

IE 7

Norton Internet Security 2007

Spybot

DerekS

I agree, I have tried all the stuff Tobias has suggested to enable cookie detection. Result - nothing, not a single one spotted in realtime by AdWatch since I installed it.

Scans by Ad-Aware and Spybot reveal that several have made on to my PC which I have deleted.

Ad-watch doesn't work for me.

Windows XP Home

IE 7

Norton Internet Security 2007

Spybot

DerekS

Same here, i have read just about every post on here regarding Ad Watch & tried everything............ Ad Watch just simple will not block advertising or tracking cookies, period.

I dont suppose these cookies are in your data base then?

Link for image if not shown : http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/636/adwatchga2.jpg

*Edit* IE7, Nod 32 Version 7.0.1.6. windows Xp

post-33605-1185538721.jpg

Edited by alphatango

I finally had a response from LS regarding Ad-Watch issues, specifically the issue with it not loading on Windows start up. The response, however, is rather hard to decipher:

If the settings in Ad-Watch is not saved when you turn off or restart your system, it is most often caused by the fact that users do not close Ad-Watch manually and the program is terminated by Windows at shutdown or log off.

You need to turn off Ad-Watch manually to save the settings.

However this problem will be fixed in the upcoming update of Ad-Aware which will be available shortly.

Bottom line, it looks like a fix will be included in an upcoming update.

I finally had a response from LS regarding Ad-Watch issues, specifically the issue with it not loading on Windows start up. The response, however, is rather hard to decipher:

If the settings in Ad-Watch is not saved when you turn off or restart your system, it is most often caused by the fact that users do not close Ad-Watch manually and the program is terminated by Windows at shutdown or log off.

You need to turn off Ad-Watch manually to save the settings.

However this problem will be fixed in the upcoming update of Ad-Aware which will be available shortly.

Bottom line, it looks like a fix will be included in an upcoming update.

Does anyone know if Ad-Watch will work under Vista Ultimate in this release?

Currently it will not load, and so paying for Ad-Aware is a waste of money because without Ad-Watch the program does nothing that the free version will not do.

I have requested a refund but am still waiting for a response.

I'm having the very same problems as everyone else, I've spent hours trying all the stuff suggested. Ad-Watch doesn't work AT ALL!

I used the 2006 version and it was perfect. Stopped everything without me having to go through this rubbish. I've payed for a 2 year license.......that looks like a waste of money

i think i'll ask for a refund too. No point keeping something that's not up to the job or as discribed!!

I wonder if there is anybody on this forum that actually has Ad-Watch stopping cookies in real time :rolleyes: Please post if you have...........

Colin

Sign in to follow this