Sign in to follow this  
tiger33

Patience Will Pay Off!

come on everyone show your support for lavasoft, i mean lets face it whether you have used the paid or free ad-aware programs from lavasoft in the past they have supported all of us with a first class product, and they will get this new version right before long they have already addressed some of the bugs and will sort them all before long, come on they have supported us lets us support them. :D polygon

feel free to reply agreeing or disagreeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there appear to be more and more glitches appearing in this forum by the hour, we all seem to be suffering or have suffered from one or more problems with ad-aware 2007 regardless of whether we paid for it or not, some of us have managed to sort the problem out on our own or with a bit of advice given by other members of this forum, who it would appear solved the problem before we did by luck in some case's and judgement in others, but the fact is the problems with this product are not going away, the forerunner of ad-aware 2007 which (ad-aware se) we all trusted did not cause the distress or upset indeed anger this program is doing, that trust is now dwindling away because of the apparent lack of interest being shown by the makers of this program, (as i have stated elsewhere in this forum i am willing to wait untill the problems are ironed out) we have all counted on the members of this forum with advanced status to keep us informed on what is happening to solve the myriad of problems being reported in this forum, but i think the time has come for an official announcement from lavasoft themselves. polygon

i have spent some time reading other peoples posts and i find that the problem is worse than i first thought, not only are more problems being highlighted seemingly all the time, but users who have sworn by lavasoft products in the past are now uninstalling ad-aware 2007 and using other products instead such as spybot, i am now in a bit of a predicament after previously stating i would stand by ad-aware 2007, it seems particularly odd to myself that there appears to be no public aknowledgement of there being any problem/s at all with this product from lavasoft, this being the case ad-aware 2007's continued existance on my hard drive is very precarious indeed!!!!! polygon

Above taken from here:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry45013

Im trying to be supportive of LS & have been in the past but it should be a 2-way street. Sadly of late it hasn't been this way. By that I mean support from LS actually responding to mssgs sent thru the support system, which isnt happening. My personal feeling is if there are more issues/problems on ppls AWProSE6-7 upgrades then at least tell us something other than the pat "More probs have come up" & "were working on it" type nonanswer. I don't mind waiting but I prefeer to do it knowing why the actual delay not just a pat answer. If that seems an unfair attitude I'm sorry but its still how I feel. I've not been disapointed with LS and previous versions, heck am sure I talked a fair number of ppl I know into purchasing ver6, but right now I and many others are feeling fustraition.

there appear to be more and more glitches appearing in this forum by the hour, we all seem to be suffering or have suffered from one or more problems with ad-aware 2007 regardless of whether we paid for it or not, some of us have managed to sort the problem out on our own or with a bit of advice given by other members of this forum, who it would appear solved the problem before we did by luck in some case's and judgement in others, but the fact is the problems with this product are not going away, the forerunner of ad-aware 2007 which (ad-aware se) we all trusted did not cause the distress or upset indeed anger this program is doing, that trust is now dwindling away because of the apparent lack of interest being shown by the makers of this program, (as i have stated elsewhere in this forum i am willing to wait untill the problems are ironed out) we have all counted on the members of this forum with advanced status to keep us informed on what is happening to solve the myriad of problems being reported in this forum, but i think the time has come for an official announcement from lavasoft themselves. polygon

i have spent some time reading other peoples posts and i find that the problem is worse than i first thought, not only are more problems being highlighted seemingly all the time, but users who have sworn by lavasoft products in the past are now uninstalling ad-aware 2007 and using other products instead such as spybot, i am now in a bit of a predicament after previously stating i would stand by ad-aware 2007, it seems particularly odd to myself that there appears to be no public aknowledgement of there being any problem/s at all with this product from lavasoft, this being the case ad-aware 2007's continued existance on my hard drive is very precarious indeed!!!!! polygon

yes i am aware of other posts i have made, all before lavasoft began to address the problems with ad-aware 2007, the fact that i among others are still here and still posting in this forum shows the regard with which we hold the software provided by lavasoft, as for my support for lavasoft i have made no secret of my intention to stand by 'ad-aware 2007' although it did seem at one point lavasoft would be too slow at addressing the 'bugs' they came through early enough for me to stick with my original thought and await final resolution of these problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D polygon

Above taken from here:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry45013

I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH AD-AWARE 2007.

First of all, it's a bloated download. Okay, I understand that new versions of software do tend to get bigger, but all I want is the free scanner version of Ad-Aware. I click on the link for the free version (that's the "Download Ad-Aware Free" link) and find that this fat Ad-Aware 2007 is over 3x the size of Ad-Aware SE Personal. And when I run the program for the first time, I get that dialog with the list of the different versions that you have to pay for. Nothing on that list for the free version. So I click cancel and find that gives me the free version - otherwise I'm stuck with that list of the different versions that I would have to pay for. GOOD GAWD, DID SOMEONE FORGET TO PUT THE FREE VERSION ON THAT DIALOG LIST OR ARE YOU DOING SNEAKY EVIL THINGS TO US. Okay, that was a little strong but geez it is sneaky if you are a newbie who doesn't know he or she has to hit the cancel button to get pass that dialog panel where that dialog panel is obviously intended to get you to sign up for one of the paid versions. Over on the Lavasoft website I did click the link for downloading the FREE version and then I get that sneaky dialog panel. That's SNEAKY EVIL. Okay that's a little strong, but how about at least putting something on that list (even if it has to be at the bottom of that list) for the FREE version if that's what I thought I was downloading.

And then there's that AAWSERVICE.EXE that's automatically loaded as a service in windows. GOODNESS GRACIOUS, ALL I WANT IS THE FREE SCANNER. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING ELSE LOADED BEFORE-OR-AFTER I USE THE AD-AWARE FREEBIE SCANNER. I was used to the good old reliable Ad-Aware SE Personal which just did its thing when I wanted to scan my computer, and then shut off COMPLETELY. But this new bloated Ad-Aware 2007 has to automatically run that AAWSERVICE.EXE as a service in windows when booting up and keep it running ALL THE TIME. I didn't know about this until I saw it in the Task Manager. I WAS HORRIFIED TO SEE THAT IT WAS THERE EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T USING AD-AWARE AT ALL. Come on, you Lavasoft Guys, I'm using this on a computer with a Pentium III with 256 megabytes of ram. I don't want to waste my ram memory. I do have another computer with 512 megabytes of ram, but you've got to keep in mind that there are people out here who don't have gigabytes of ram to waste on their computers. AND IT IS SUCH A WASTE TO HAVE THAT AAWSERVICE.EXE LOADED UP IN MEMORY ALL THE TIME WHEN THE USER IS ONLY USING AD-AWARE FOR THE FREEBIE SCANNER WITHOUT ALL THAT EXTRA REALTIME STUFF. Sure, if I upgrade to the PLUS or the PRO version, then I would need that AAWSERVICE.EXE loaded as a service in windows all the time, but I only want to use the FREE version at this time and there is NO REASON to have that AAWSERVICE.EXE running as a service all the time when I am not using Ad-Aware at all.

What I'm doing to get around having this AAWSERVICE-always-on idiocy is that I went into the Services console (run services.msc) and I set AAWSERVICE.EXE as a "manual" service and turned off that AAWSERVICE.EXE. And then I set up a batch file for running Ad-Aware 2007 (and when it is run, then the AAWSERVICE.EXE is also "manually" loaded at that time) and then afterwards the batch file runs PSKILL.exe (search for PSKILL.exe on google to download it from Microsoft/Sysinternals) to kill AAWSERVICE.EXE to stop it from continuing to run as a service after I exit out of Ad-Aware 2007. I should not have to use batch files to kill AAWSERVICE.EXE at all if you Lavasoft folks had Ad-Aware 2007 not running that AAWSERVICE.EXE as a service all the time when the user only wants the freebie scanner. If the user only wants the freebie scanner and is not paying for the PLUS or the PRO version, then only turn on that AAWSERVICE.EXE when the user clicks to run the freebie scanner in Ad-Aware 2007 and then turn it all OFF when the user exits out of the program. Is that too much to ask?

Good Gawd, I wish I knew about this AAWSERVICE-always-on idiocy before because I put this Ad-Aware 2007 on my sister and brother-in-law's PC during my annual visit to their place when I usually do a backup and cleanup of their PC. NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK THERE TO UNINSTALL AD-AWARE 2007 BECAUSE OF THAT AAWSERVICE.EXE WHICH WILL BE ON ALL THE TIME ON THEIR PC. When all you want is Ad-Aware 2007 to be run every once in a while as the freebie scanner version, HAVING THAT AAWSERVICE.EXE BEING TURNED ON ALL THE TIME AS A SERVICE IS A WASTE OF MEMORY.

I hope the official Lavasoft people read these messages. I saw that pinned message thread about the AAWSERVICE.EXE, but was disappointed to see that thread was closed - and so I'M COMPLAINING HERE. To the person who started this message thread: I'm sorry but I feel like my PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN AD-AWARE 2007.

Edited by iwantgizmos

My question is just how and why this was released, when several beta testers have said they clearly told LS NOT to release this.

Edit - I still am not sasitifed with the service, I've been told it is to extend the flexibility of the service. Why does AAW still fail to remove most basic infections? Why can a one-man tool do a better job than AAW can? That combined with it's huge memory usage makes AAW 2007 a total flop to start with.

Edited by SpyDie

Hello all,

Polygon, your comments are appreciated, however, this seems to draw in the "opinions" type posts that really have little value for those seeking help.

These forums are to post support issues and our forum members and staff do try to respond as they are able. The Support Center

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

is the place for paid customers to get one-on-one assistance and this forum is for others with either the free version or seeking advice of other users to post. Posting multiple topics such as this one are quite distracting. You already have one going here so no need to duplicate. :D

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=10301

For those responding that want to provide feedback only about your dissatisfaction issues and you do not have a specific help questions, please use this topic:

Rants go here

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9616

You'll find LS Tobias, one of our developers, has been responding as best he can to as many topics as he can, but this forum is not the place to ask for "official statements". We're here in the support forums to problem solve and read feedback so that improvements can be made and problems addressed.

Announcement type posts are closed for a reason - they aren't to be used for discussion and we would ask you to limit your posts to asking or responding to help requests only due to the sheer number of new topics being posted we really need to limit those to relevant help requests only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding so that we can try to get to all of you asking for help.