Sign in to follow this  
ToeNail42

Do Version 2007 And Se Use Same Spyware Definition Files?

The new version 2007 (Free) sucks up my system resources so I am thinking about going back to the SE edition. My question is, does the SE version get the same virus/spyware definition files as the new 2007 version? If so, I wouldn't be putting my computer in any more danger if I go back to the SE edition, correct?

I may not be 100% but I am very very sure that Ad-Aware 2007 uses different definition files. Ad-aware 2007's scanning engine has been completely redesigned and had many many protection enhancements Ad-aware 2007 detects more and handles detects better. Ever noticed on the SE scan you know there is an infection but it won't show in SE in 2007 I noticed that, that's not the case anymore it detects way more.

So to answer your question if you switch back to SE your protection scope will be lowered and there is a chance that we (Lavasoft) maybe be discontinuing definitons and support for SE later on in the future.

What would be nice is if there was a classic mode with very limited UI Effects and bells and whistles and just has plane grey as a performance option in the settings or a skin but that would be nice for many people.

Michael

Ad-aware 2007 Beta Tester

Edited by 0vermind

Michael, are you quoting Lavasoft or do you work for them? You said we (Lavasoft).

I would be careful making statements like that unless you A. Work for Lavasoft or B. Specify the reference to the Lavasoft statement you have taken your information from.

//Steve

Ad-Aware SE and Ad-Aware 2007 use different Definition files but they are based on the same Detection Database.

With the redesigned engine Ad-Aware 2007 is able to remove more malware, however.

Regards, Tobias

Ad-Aware SE and Ad-Aware 2007 use different Definition files but they are based on the same Detection Database.

With the redesigned engine Ad-Aware 2007 is able to remove more malware, however.

Regards, Tobias

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Sign in to follow this