Sign in to follow this  
jasonspeed

Ad Watch 2007 Won't Start...

I have Ad Aware 2007 Plus. When I click the start button in the Ad Watch tab nothing happens. Nothing happens when I click the Ad Watch icon either. I've tried running it from the start menu as well. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium. Ad Aware seems to work fine. I've scheduled scans and updates. I ran a scan also. But Ad Watch doesn't seem to work at all. I'm not getting any error messages so I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

I have Ad Aware 2007 Plus. When I click the start button in the Ad Watch tab nothing happens. Nothing happens when I click the Ad Watch icon either. I've tried running it from the start menu as well. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium. Ad Aware seems to work fine. I've scheduled scans and updates. I ran a scan also. But Ad Watch doesn't seem to work at all. I'm not getting any error messages so I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

By way of a bump, I also have this exact problem and am running Vista Ultimate. Ad-Watch is the reason I paid for plus so this better be sorted soon!

I'm on XP Home SP2 with AdAware 2007 Pro & all I get when I try to open Ad-Watch is a message saying that Ad-Watch is only available with Plus & Pro

I've posted on the Forum & sent in a fault request but haven't had a resolution yet.

Reading some of the other posts in here I'm not alone.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the software by clicking the 'Update' button on the main status page.

Does it say 'Pro' in the lower right corner of the Ad-Aware GUI?

Are you able to run other Pro features like Process Watch, or the Scheduler?

Regards, Tobias

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the software by clicking the 'Update' button on the main status page.

Does it say 'Pro' in the lower right corner of the Ad-Aware GUI?

Are you able to run other Pro features like Process Watch, or the Scheduler?

Regards, Tobias

I have the Plus version so I thought Ad Watch was included with that. I'm not getting any error message, nothing happens when I click start in the Ad Watch tab. I'm at a loss. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same problem. I've updated to the latest version as of 6-29. I'm getting close to asking for a refund and sticking with Ad Aware SE Plus because at least I could get Ad Watch working on that.

I am sorry, but I missed the part in your first post where you said that you were running Vista. Ad-Aware 2007 is not fully Vista compatible yet and that is most likely why Ad-Watch will not start on your system.

Regards, Tobias

I am sorry, but I missed the part in your first post where you said that you were running Vista. Ad-Aware 2007 is not fully Vista compatible yet and that is most likely why Ad-Watch will not start on your system.

Regards, Tobias

I have been having the same problem as the other people in this thread--Ad-Watch fails to load or work in my new copy of Ad-Aware 2007 Plus. I've written customer support twice, and gotten unhelpful replies. Why did Lavasoft create a new version of its software that is not compatible with Vista, considering Vista has been out for many months now? I only upgraded to A-A 2007 Plus because every time I loaded the old Ad-Aware SE, I would receive messages saying it was imperative that I upgrade now.

I have been having the same problem as the other people in this thread--Ad-Watch fails to load or work in my new copy of Ad-Aware 2007 Plus. I've written customer support twice, and gotten unhelpful replies. Why did Lavasoft create a new version of its software that is not compatible with Vista, considering Vista has been out for many months now? I only upgraded to A-A 2007 Plus because every time I loaded the old Ad-Aware SE, I would receive messages saying it was imperative that I upgrade now.

Well don't worry it's not working with Windows XP either not just Vista. It is no longer blocking cookies, has to be opened manually and I have no idea what the registry chances are that it is asking to allow or block are , so I set it on automatic allow. Basically this Plus version is now doing NOTHING ! It blocked cookies for a while but for some reason stopped doing so, so it must have a mind of its own .I can only hope that one day an upgrade will come along that can fix these problems so that it won't be a complete waste of money having purchased the "Plus" version . If these problems can be fixed then I would consider purchasing again next year the Plus version. So Lavasoft has an incentive to get working and fix these problems !

Sign in to follow this