Sign in to follow this  
pootang

Can I Trust Ad-aware 2007?

having only just become confident enough in computer use to actually buy my own pc i have a problem, my new pc came with a full security suite pre installed, by the way i chose to buy a pc with windows xp home edition installed, now comes my problem, on the advice of a friend i downloaded 'ad-aware 2007' (free) and installed it on my pc, then just before i ran the first scan my friend called and told me not to run it and informed me of this support forum so here i am.

so what do i do?

do i run it?

do i try to uninstall it?

is it safe to run or not?

will it delete what i do not want it to?

after reading several posts in this forum i am not sure what to do, i would greatly appreciate any advice anyone in this forum can give me, thanks to you all in advance :mellow: pootang

Is there any particular reason your friend told you not to run it?

I have been using it for a while now beta testing and since release and havent had any problems in the slightest.

It is safe to run I would suggest that you update it when you run the software a dialoge box should inform you that either you need to update clicking ok here should take you thougth the correct process very simple.

Uninstalling is also a very simple process if it is something you wish to do i wont go into detail unless you want me too.

And finally it shouldent delete anything you dont want it too and it always gives you the option to not delete a particular item once again i have been using this for a while and it has never deleted something that it shouldent have done.

Anything else?

This is only a suggestion, but I would download the SE version first and get used to what AD Aware can do for you, before using the 2007 version. I personally had grief with the 2007 version and have since re installed the SE version.

This is just an opinion .

i also need help on whether or not i should use ad-aware 2007...

i currently have the free version of ad-aware se personal, but i haven't used it in a while because it doesnt scan firefox..

i really need ad-aware 2007 though, because i only rely on spybot to scan my firefox...

but after reading all these posts about ad-aware 2007 destroying everyone's computers and wiping out everything, i am scared to download it...

some questions:

1. does ad-aware 2007 destroy the computer without me even deleting anything it finds?

2. am i safe from computer destruction if i dont use adwatch, or i only use the free version?

3. what is this blinking red light that destroys the computer? is it during the scan or is it this adwatch thing that i dont use?

This is only a suggestion, but I would download the SE version first and get used to what AD Aware can do for you, before using the 2007 version. I personally had grief with the 2007 version and have since re installed the SE version.

Same here! 2007 is a boondongle! Can't believe they actually test this and offer it for sale. It's Junk!

Here is my advice :

1-uninstall Ad-Aware 2007

2-install or reinstall Ad-Aware SE

3-wait a few months before reinstalling Ad-Aware 2007, be sure to check this forum if there still any bugs before downloading

Is there any particular reason your friend told you not to run it?

I have been using it for a while now beta testing and since release and havent had any problems in the slightest.

It is safe to run I would suggest that you update it when you run the software a dialoge box should inform you that either you need to update clicking ok here should take you thougth the correct process very simple.

Uninstalling is also a very simple process if it is something you wish to do i wont go into detail unless you want me too.

And finally it shouldent delete anything you dont want it too and it always gives you the option to not delete a particular item once again i have been using this for a while and it has never deleted something that it shouldent have done.

Anything else?

thankyou for the advice, as for my friend he had a bad experience wiyh 'ad-aware 2007', as have several people all you have to do is read the posts in this forum. pootang

thankyou for your suggestion, do i keep 'ad-aware 2007' installed or uninstall it? after reading some of the posts here in the forum i am a bit worried about trying to uninstall it. pootang

Here is my advice :

1-uninstall Ad-Aware 2007

2-install or reinstall Ad-Aware SE

3-wait a few months before reinstalling Ad-Aware 2007, be sure to check this forum if there still any bugs before downloading

thankyou for your reply, i am a bit worried about trying to uninstall 'ad-aware 2007' after reading about the problems some people in this forum have had trying to do the same. pootang

i also need help on whether or not i should use ad-aware 2007...

i currently have the free version of ad-aware se personal, but i haven't used it in a while because it doesnt scan firefox..

i really need ad-aware 2007 though, because i only rely on spybot to scan my firefox...

but after reading all these posts about ad-aware 2007 destroying everyone's computers and wiping out everything, i am scared to download it...

some questions:

1. does ad-aware 2007 destroy the computer without me even deleting anything it finds?

2. am i safe from computer destruction if i dont use adwatch, or i only use the free version?

3. what is this blinking red light that destroys the computer? is it during the scan or is it this adwatch thing that i dont use?

Hi,musiliu :angry:

1. No ! To be on the safe side > create a system-restore-point

2. Y/N -- run a complete scan every day , AAW 2007 deletes malicious programs after they integrate and

installed

Ad-Watch intercepting malicious programs before they integrate and installed on your computer

3. look >> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;hl=blinking <<

:wub: Kindest Regards

Raziel

Edited by Raziel v. Nosgoth

having only just become confident enough in computer use to actually buy my own pc i have a problem, my new pc came with a full security suite pre installed, by the way i chose to buy a pc with windows xp home edition installed, now comes my problem, on the advice of a friend i downloaded 'ad-aware 2007' (free) and installed it on my pc, then just before i ran the first scan my friend called and told me not to run it and informed me of this support forum so here i am.

so what do i do?

do i run it?

do i try to uninstall it?

is it safe to run or not?

will it delete what i do not want it to?

after reading several posts in this forum i am not sure what to do, i would greatly appreciate any advice anyone in this forum can give me, thanks to you all in advance :angry: pootang

i think you can trust ad-aware 2007 i have had no trouble with it since i installed it, although i will admit it caused me some problems getting it installed in the first place, but yes i think you can trust it. :wub: polygon

since official release i have had no problems. Just goes to show how difficult it is to create software when there are millions of diffrent configurations to consider.

If you arnt to sure about 2007 version do as others have said and install adaware se and wait a couple of months

Hi,musiliu :(

1. No ! To be on the safe side > create a system-restore-point

2. Y/N -- run a complete scan every day , AAW 2007 deletes malicious programs after they integrate and

installed

Ad-Watch intercepting malicious programs before they integrate and installed on your computer

3. look >> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;hl=blinking <<

:o Kindest Regards

Raziel

Well, personal experience and what looks like the experience of others, IF it eats your system, it takes out EVERYTHING and system restore point back 60 days do no good at all.

"And finally it shouldent delete anything you dont want it too and it always gives you the option to not delete a particular item once again i have been using this for a while and it has never deleted something that it shouldent have done."

Once again, personal experience and apparently that of others, IF it eats your system it does it, no asking, warnings, flags, nothing, until it gets into the OS and shuts you down.

I am researching alternatives even as I type this.

Well, personal experience and what looks like the experience of others, IF it eats your system, it takes out EVERYTHING and system restore point back 60 days do no good at all.

"And finally it shouldent delete anything you dont want it too and it always gives you the option to not delete a particular item once again i have been using this for a while and it has never deleted something that it shouldent have done."

Once again, personal experience and apparently that of others, IF it eats your system it does it, no asking, warnings, flags, nothing, until it gets into the OS and shuts you down.

I am researching alternatives even as I type this.

well just got my pc back from the shop today had to have everything reloaded except of course ad-aware 2007, never again will i have that program on any pc i ever own, well at least it only cost me for the repair, and not the program itself, goodbye and good luck with it i think you will need it ;) pootang

well just got my pc back from the shop today had to have everything reloaded except of course ad-aware 2007, never again will i have that program on any pc i ever own, well at least it only cost me for the repair, and not the program itself, goodbye and good luck with it i think you will need it :unsure: pootang

dont know if you are still out there 'pootang' but if you are try the 'ad-aware 2007' program now most of the bugs have been fixed and it now performs well. polygon :D

Humm, sounds like its a bit more reliable now. Am considering installing AAW7Pro but onder what ppl think, is it better to do a complete uninstall my old version of pro first or just over the top of the existing older Pro

Thx in advance

Humm, sounds like its a bit more reliable now. Am considering installing AAW7Pro but onder what ppl think, is it better to do a complete uninstall my old version of pro first or just over the top of the existing older Pro

Thx in advance

it is better to uninstall older versions of ad-aware before installing the new version doing it the other way round has caused problems for other users including myself, as for the reliability of the new version i would say that it is now nearing the reliability of the older versions, and would definitely give it space on my hard drive. :) polygon

Sign in to follow this