Sign in to follow this  
The DragonLord

Ad Watch 2007 Doesn't Start At Win Startup

Hi, I've just bought ADAware 2007 plus, I've installed it without any problem. The only problem now is that Ad watch doesn't start witn win startup... Of course I've choose the right setting to make it start but nothing happens....I've tried to uninstall ADAware, restart the PC and install it again...nothing has changed...

Any suggestion?

Thanks and regards

Andrea

Hi, I've just bought ADAware 2007 plus, I've installed it without any problem. The only problem now is that Ad watch doesn't start witn win startup... Of course I've choose the right setting to make it start but nothing happens....I've tried to uninstall ADAware, restart the PC and install it again...nothing has changed...

Any suggestion?

Thanks and regards

Andrea

Hi, :angry:

download an auto-start-manager ( http://toolsandmore.de/Central/ or tune-up for example ) .

And set Ad-Watch on start list.

Regards

Raziel

Hi, :angry:

download an auto-start-manager ( http://toolsandmore.de/Central/ or tune-up for example ) .

And set Ad-Watch on start list.

Regards

Raziel

WOW, are you telling me that there's no way to make the AD Watch autoload using his NATIVE option? Great, I'm soooooooo happy to have spent the money to buy ADAware !

Compliments Lavasoft!

First of all, make sure that you are running the latest version of Ad-Aware 2007. The latest version is 7.0.1.4

Please provide us with some system specifications, and we will try to figure out what is causing this.

Regards, Tobias

First of all, make sure that you are running the latest version of Ad-Aware 2007. The latest version is 7.0.1.4

Please provide us with some system specifications, and we will try to figure out what is causing this.

Regards, Tobias

Hi, the version i scorrect (7.0.1.4)

My OS is Win XP SP2, I use NOD 32 and Outpost Security Suite Pro 2007 but disableing both of them nothing changes, what other information about my system do you need?

Thanks for interesting!

Andrea

My AdWatch 2007 doesn't start at Win Startup either. I have to manually open it every time I turn on my computer by clicking on its desktop icon.

Hello,

I have similar problems, no matter what I have tried to do, Ad-Watch isn't launched automatically with the system startup. I tried to launch it via shortcut at the Autostart menu of Windows, I have activated the appropriate check box, I even created an autostart entry in the registry by using TuneUp Utilities 2007. I have checked the autostart entry in the registry by using Sysinternals 'autoruns' and, there is an entry.

So I am really disappointed and frustrated now, because nothing works.

I am running Windows XP home SP-1 with all the available updates and patches.

It would be really great, if somebody from Lavasoft would help to eliminate this damned bug in the near future.

People running Avast Antivirus have experienced this problem and we are currently working with the people at Avast to try and resolve that issue.

If you are running any other Antivirus or security software that may block Ad-Watch from starting, let us know.

Regards, Tobias

People running Avast Antivirus have experienced this problem and we are currently working with the people at Avast to try and resolve that issue.

If you are running any other Antivirus or security software that may block Ad-Watch from starting, let us know.

Regards, Tobias

Hello,

on my system I use NOD32 antivirus system from eset and, the Microsoft Windows Defender is running as well. No firewall or similar applications are running. I tried the whole thing with Windows Defender deactivated, no difference, Ad-Watch still isn't launched on the system startup.

I checked if it is running in the background maybe, by using Sysinternals 'Process Explorer', but it isn't running, though 'Autoruns' [sysinternals as well] is showing the entry in the section for applications launched on Windows startup.

I don't know what else I can do now, I am nearly desperate.

Big_B. :)

I agree. AD WARE PLUS Won't run at start up even with automatic. It doesn't appear in my start up program listing. Sure not what I paid for. Running SPYSWEEPER

Edited by carnut

Hello,

on my system I use NOD32 antivirus system from eset and, the Microsoft Windows Defender is running as well. No firewall or similar applications are running. I tried the whole thing with Windows Defender deactivated, no difference, Ad-Watch still isn't launched on the system startup.

I checked if it is running in the background maybe, by using Sysinternals 'Process Explorer', but it isn't running, though 'Autoruns' [sysinternals as well] is showing the entry in the section for applications launched on Windows startup.

I don't know what else I can do now, I am nearly desperate.

Big_B. :)

Have you tried disabling NOD32 aswell? It might also prohibit AdAware from starting up.

Hello,

today I have booted my system with NOD32 antivirus system disabled. But nothing has changed, Ad-Watch isn't launched on the system startup.

I really don't know what else I can do, I think I'll give up and erase Ad-Aware off of my harddisk.

My system was running perfect until I decided to upgrade from Ad-Aware SE Plus to Ad-Aware 2007 Plus. Sorry, but there are other anti-spyware applications and I hope they won't cause so much trouble.

I will try a-squared Anti-Malware.

:(

Have you tried disabling NOD32 aswell? It might also prohibit AdAware from starting up.

That's absurd. Why would NOD32 affect AAW from starting?

You disable an AV, to get protection from an AS? How does that logic work?

Regards, Tobias

I am running Ad-Aware/Ad-Watch 2007 on my XP system that has several users. It launches on all users except one. I am also running Norton Internet Security.

Any thoughts???

Marty

That's absurd. Why would NOD32 affect AAW from starting?

You disable an AV, to get protection from an AS? How does that logic work?

I didn't suggest it as a solution, just as a step in the troubleshooting process. Trying to figure out why it won't start automatically.

I am also having the same problem. Ad-watch is set to start on system start up, but totally refuses to open unless I open it manually.

I am using NOD32 antivirus and I am using zone alarm also.

I have ad-watch allowed in zone alarm.

Also when I manually start Ad-watch, it uses heaps and my computer is really slowed down.

I have windows XP sp2 on my system.

Can anyone help me with this problem.

On my PC also, Ad-Watch is slowing down my system. I have a Pentium D (Dual Core) processor with 1GB of RAM and it kills my computer by slowing it down when I manually start Ad-Watch

Regards, Tobias

Same problem. Norton Internet Security 2006. Didn't have this problem with Ad-Aware SE Plus.... Ad-Watch worked just fine....

Just added both AA2007 and Ad-Watch 2007 to my list of allowed programs in NIS, but Ad-Watch still doesn't load on start-up. It's in my list of start-up items also....

Edited by kram160

Since Lavasoft doesn't really do much to monitor these forums, and since there hasn't been any word from them regarding a resolution to this major bug, I decided to revert back to AA SE Plus. It's really unfortunate that such a valuable tool has ended up in such a sad state. :)

All,

The way I see it sooner or later all AA 2007 users will soon find another software that can do the same as Lavasoft and Lavasoft will lose it. Unfortuntae, as they HAD such a good software.

Of course they will reply saying they are very busy due to the release of 2007, but you know I heard that before. Hire additional people!

Marty

Sign in to follow this