Sign in to follow this  
WallowaGuy

A List Of Planned Fixes For Adaware 2007

As people who follow this forum know, there have been countless issues/problems associated with the recent release of AdAware 2007. These issues have been discussed and debated across many forum topics making it difficult to keep track of the status of their resolution. In several cases, forum moderators have indicated that these issues will be addressed, resolved, or solved in upcoming updates or upgrades of AdAware 2007.

I can think of several instances in which Tobias has promised that specific issues will be fixed in future updates (Tobia used the phrase "to-do list"). Examples include the aawservice.exe issue and definition update confirmation issue. There may be additional examples.

My suggestion; Lavasoft should create a pinned/locked forum item that lists its plans to fix AdAware 2007 issues. That is, post a “to-do†list. That way forum users could quickly see in one single forum topic what issues are going to be resolved. Many of us may be frustrated with the problems associated with the new release of AdAware 2007 but we are willing to be patient if we know that Lavasoft has specific, listed plans to address our concerns and issues. The list would also likely reduce the repetition of discussion across various forums that arises because it is not easy to find out what Lavasoft has planned.

It would also be helpful if the Lavasoft-posted “to-do†list included some timeframe for completion. It need not be a specific date, but should indicate whether we are talking days, weeks, or months for the promised resolution of issues. Forum users could still bring new issues to Lavasoft’s attention in a separate forum listing, but they could easily check the “to-do†list first to make sure their issue is not already being addressed. Lavasoft could update the “to-do†list to allow users to see its progress.

Yes, I have been thinking along those lines myself. We will discuss this internally to see what would be a suitable format for such public To Do-list.

Regards, Tobias

Just my 2 cents....

I think that the Lavasoft forum could use an overhaul to better engage and harness the strengths of your customers. Yes, define a place that lists the problems you are working on. Also, define a place where people can make suggestions for improvements, a place for problems and help, a place for 'fixes' that have been identified, etc.

There are some excellent examples of forums that create a community of users and helpers.

As people who follow this forum know, there have been countless issues/problems associated with the recent release of AdAware 2007. These issues have been discussed and debated across many forum topics making it difficult to keep track of the status of their resolution. In several cases, forum moderators have indicated that these issues will be addressed, resolved, or solved in upcoming updates or upgrades of AdAware 2007.

I can think of several instances in which Tobias has promised that specific issues will be fixed in future updates (Tobia used the phrase "to-do list"). Examples include the aawservice.exe issue and definition update confirmation issue. There may be additional examples.

My suggestion; Lavasoft should create a pinned/locked forum item that lists its plans to fix AdAware 2007 issues. That is, post a “to-do†list. That way forum users could quickly see in one single forum topic what issues are going to be resolved. Many of us may be frustrated with the problems associated with the new release of AdAware 2007 but we are willing to be patient if we know that Lavasoft has specific, listed plans to address our concerns and issues. The list would also likely reduce the repetition of discussion across various forums that arises because it is not easy to find out what Lavasoft has planned.

It would also be helpful if the Lavasoft-posted “to-do†list included some timeframe for completion. It need not be a specific date, but should indicate whether we are talking days, weeks, or months for the promised resolution of issues. Forum users could still bring new issues to Lavasoft’s attention in a separate forum listing, but they could easily check the “to-do†list first to make sure their issue is not already being addressed. Lavasoft could update the “to-do†list to allow users to see its progress.

I think this is a very good suggestion and I would like to see it done. I would also suggest adding a priority (high low medium, maybe) to each item so that we can see how Lavasoft views the problem.

Bill Denholm

Sign in to follow this