Sign in to follow this  
danieljackson

Adaware 2007 A Bit On The Iffy Side

Okay first let me start off by saying that i have nothing but total respect and loylty to those who created lavasoft and the adaware program. With that said lets get down to bussiness. I am computer tech based in the eastern part of the U.S and i employ your software on many computers. Adaware SE was a brilliant design with simple interface and allowed the the more advanced users to tweak its scanning methods and how it dealt with anything it found. And to top it all off it was fast.

Then we flash forward to the future Adaware 2007 a bulky program that at best could serve as a annoyance to all computers no offense but i installed this program i thought it was going to be revoultionary it took an hour and 30 minutes to do one scan where SE took mayby 10 minutes and thats pushing it. The 2007 program found 2 things when i went to remove them through the removal process it said it could not complete this function and would do so at a later time. After becomeing frustrated i removed the 2007 program and installed the old SE ran a scan that took 3 minutes and it found over 10 items and removed them with ease. Now you may be asking what the crap is this guys point, well my point is dont fix something that isnt broken only add to it never change it. I find the 2007 release a collasol failure and unless the scan time can be fixed and its overall scan process reverted back to SE becuase it does far better in scans then this program is a failure in my eyes and just in case i've confrimed the same behaviour with many of my friends who have tried the program same results so its not just my program.

-Matt-

Hehe, it does sort of seem like they took a few classes with MS and adopted their motto "If something works then bloat it and slow it down".

scans are longer in 2007 edition than SE because in 2007, scan is the combination of a full system scan and an ADS scan.

in SE you can choose between system scans or ADS scan.

perform an ADS scan in SE and see how long it will take ...

i agree it is an annoyance to not have the ability to choose scan options in Ad-Aware 2007 Free Edition.

more customers fly away ... again

Edited by Martyoplastic

scans are longer in 2007 edition than SE because in 2007, scan is the combination of a full system scan and an ADS scan.

in SE you can choose between system scans or ADS scan.

perform an ADS scan in SE and see how long it will take ...

i agree it is an annoyance to not have the ability to choose scan options in Ad-Aware 2007 Free Edition.

more customers fly away ... again

I tried that, and finally had to cancel it (AdAware SE). I thought it would never finish (near an hour later) and then it made a dumb error and deleted a known safe file from IBM.

Is Ad Aware 2007 doomed?

And what happens when SE will no longer update as of six months from now.

You will have to install the 2007 version, if Lavasoft still exists in 6 months.

I am new to this forum, and have posted in the subforum "Bug reports (AAW 2007), but no one has responded to me.

I find this thread very interesting. I desire to return (for now) to Ad-Aware SE, for I feel it is an excellant product, but if Lavasoft fails to resolve issues with Ad-Aware 2007 (because it is having trouble duplicating the problem?) will the lack of stability in the new version of Ad-aware impede the withdrawal of Ad-Aware SE?

WHAT DO i DO?

Will someone please answer me?

Rich100

Edited by Rich100

I am new to this forum, and have posted in the subforum "Bug reports (AAW 2007), but no one has responded to me.

I find this thread very interesting. I desire to return (for now) to Ad-Aware SE, for I feel it is an excellant product, but if Lavasoft fails to resolve issues with Ad-Aware 2007 (because it is having trouble duplicating the problem?) will the lack of stability in the new version of Ad-aware impede the withdrawal of Ad-Aware SE?

WHAT DO i DO?

Will someone please answer me?

Rich100

I believe were all DOOMED!!!!! :) ha its funny but unfourtantly almost a reality

Hang in there, Lavasoft is woking on all of the issues and is slowly but surely providing fixes.

Hang in there, Lavasoft is woking on all of the issues and is slowly but surely providing fixes.

They ever going to respond to my 5 or 6 suport requests?

They ever going to advise me what my files were re-named before deleting so I can maybe find them?

It's been over two weeks of searching.

I have passed along any data I have found, have more, but somebody needs to get off the stick and contact some of us with melted-down computers.

I can't understand why a reputable companay like Lavasoft would release this monster. At least you got it to scan. I can't get it to do anything. It can't reach it's server, so no updates. It won't save my settings, so no scanning.

I have requested my money back but have received no response. That's what I get for buying a two contract.

Well I will dispute the charge, when I get it from the CC company.

Is anyone from Lavasoft looking at this forum? I hate to be so critical but it seems that we are being taken to the cleaners with a very poorly written program that really doesn't deserve being released, much less as a finsihed product.

Al

The Lavasoft Team as well as the Security advisors and Beta Testers all are helping users throughout this forum. Please be patient.

The Lavasoft Team as well as the Security advisors and Beta Testers all are helping users throughout this forum. Please be patient.

I really haven't received any solution, from support or "element 5" as to my refund or if they are going to extend my 2 year contract.

"Be Patient" what choice do we have! This software should not have been released or was it released so Lavasoft can build up its "capital" at our expense. This seems to be the norm these days. Unfinished software that lets us test it forever or an electronic device you can eplace the bad battery.

I don't want to be patient, I want a refund of my money UNTIL you fix it, then maybe I'll buy it.

Have someone contact me by email from element 5 and I will go away. Sorry to take this attitude but it's about time the users fight back.

Al S. :mellow:

Order # 130833465

I do wonder which holds a priority at lavasoft?

I came here as nothing was forthcoming in over two weeks from PAID SUPPORT and nothing here either.

What issue is most serious?

I suppose everyone feels theirs is more serious.

However, time was a constraint.

I am probably over-writing my lost files even now.

A good response would have been THE DAY it happened.

I know I am not alone, so what do you folks plan to do about fully deleted files and an OS that's toasted?

I've had LS 2007 for two weeks and there are still many bugs (doesn't keep settings such as having AdWatch begin at start-up, etc). It's a nuisance.

What's the procedure to get a refund? I'm looking into Zone Alarm. I had AdAware SE for three years without a single problem. I cannot say the same for this version.

Edited by marsouin

I've had LS 2007 for two weeks and there are still many bugs (doesn't keep settings such as having AdWatch begin at start-up, etc). It's a nuisance.

What's the procedure to get a refund? I'm looking into Zone Alarm. I had AdAware SE for three years without a single problem. I cannot say the same for this version.

What is the procedure??? There isn't one, nor is there a reliable LS2007, now or to beforthcoming.

We got burned. Never again!

Al

Sign in to follow this