Sign in to follow this  
psyched123

Credit Card Chargeback Sent - Finally, Just Gave Up!

Looks like they decided to move our thread complaining about non-working Serial numbers. I guess the best way to stop the posting of complaints is to get rid of the complaint postings.

After two weeks of waiting and receiving of two Invalid Serial numbers, I've just given up. There has been no real attempt from Support to address our problem.

To get your credit card to refund your Ad-Aware purchase, you need to print and mail a form (available from the card's website) that disputes the charge. If you decided not to stick it out and you give up hoping for a resolution, disputing the charge is your only option.

I'm out of here. Good luck guys!

Is there no official way to get a refund from Lavasoft? Reputable companies stand behind their products and always offer a simple way of getting a refund within a certain time period. Does Lavasoft do this? I've been searching their web site and haven't found the link yet.

Information about refunds should be availble in the e-mail you received on purchase.

Regards, Tobias

I got the Serial number to work!! I read another posting by someone who had the same issue and solved it by closing their web accelerator. I closed my accelerator and my Serial number registered.

Before totally giving up, close firewalls AND accelerators before submitting the Serial Number. It worked for me!!

Edited by psyched123

Information about refunds should be availble in the e-mail you received on purchase.

Regards, Tobias

OK, found that, but all it says is this:

REFUND POLICY

Lavasoft AB will refund the full price of the Software if the Software is

damaged or defective, and only if you notify Lavasoft AB of the refund

request within fourteen (14) days of the date you purchased the Software.

No idea how I'm supposed to do that. I filled out an online sales question and submitted that... hope that was correct.

Regards, Tobias

I notified them in 24 hours time.

Depends on what you mean by "defective".

My credit card company seems to think several thousand dollars of lost data on my computer is "defective".

Still waiting for one of the support folks to actually contact me.

Yes, I know what you all mean. In addition to buggy software, LAVASOFT seems to NOT want to honor their return policy. Requested REFUND 06/24/2007 and still NOTHING yet. Lots of canned BS answers. Oh well, chargebacks work just fine. LAVASOFT AB sure seems to be going downhill rapidly.....133972485 just want my money back, PRO doesn't work worth beans....

Lavasoft will honor our 14 day refund policy.

If you would like a refund, please use the following procedure-

• 1. Log in at http://lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter
  • 2. Submit a support request asking for a refund in accordance to the refund policy.
  • 3. You will receive a reply directly from Lavasoft regarding processing your refund.
  • 4. Generally, 30 days should be allowed before the funds will appear credited. This can be a result of processing time on the Credit Card company's side, holding funds etc.

Please note that many errors are easily fixed, please submit a support request via the above if you would like to trouble shoot directly with LS Support first.

Regards

Patrick- Lavasoft

Sign in to follow this