Sign in to follow this  
weybrew

Error 6000

Can you check what section is being scanned when the crash occurs. Also, please provide some information about which operating system you run, other security software you have installed and what browsers you use.

Regards, Tobias

I have attempted to run this program several times with the same result error 6000. The most consistent factor is the fact that the computer runs the program aawservice.exe during the scans which uses from 5 to 75 % CPU usage when monitored in task manager. Also a second fact appears to be that the current system is running with only 512 MB of memory. It would therefore be advised that you enquire with other users to see if the problem is occurring in this manner and if it may be caused by insufficient memory to run the program as I have run the software on another PC with 1 GB of RAM and the problem does not occur on this PC.

Can you check what section is being scanned when the crash occurs. Also, please provide some information about which operating system you run, other security software you have installed and what browsers you use.

Regards, Tobias

I have attempted to run this program several times with the same result error 6000. The most consistent factor is the fact that the computer runs the program aawservice.exe during the scans which uses from 5 to 75 % CPU usage when monitored in task manager. Also a second fact appears to be that the current system is running with only 512 MB of memory. It would therefore be advised that you enquire with other users to see if the problem is occurring in this manner and if it may be caused by insufficient memory to run the program as I have run the software on another PC with 1 GB of RAM and the problem does not occur on this PC.

I am getting a little frustrated with this product.Have gotten both error messages,6000 and 1814.Have been waiting for awhile now to see if I can get a refund but to no avail.Have since uploaded a new ad-ware program.Paid for Ad-Ware SE Pro for 2yr license and 1 yr unlimited dl's.Way to many issues with this product as seeing all the post from other customers.Have tried to be patient but would rather settle for refund.Can I get a refund anyone? :angry:

My OS is:Windows XP SP2

Running Nod32 Anti-Virus,ZoneAlarm Firewall(both have been disabled when I try to run the .exe for Ad_Aware.)

If need be,PM me for more info.

Edited by dam_shawn

I have same problem occurred during registry scanning whatever on Smart scan or Full scan. I never scan completely with Ad-Aware 2007.

I run Windows XP Pack 2 and AVG 7.5 internet security running.

I get error 6000 after I've "removed" all the items Ad-Aware found and press the Finish button. If I try and run it again I get "System error: 1814 has occurred... could not log in to service" . If I terminate the service process the next time I run it again the same items are found, e.g. they were never removed. I also get these errors when in Safe Mode.

I also get TformAAW Access violation ad address 00545BB4 in module 'Ad-Aware2007.exe. Read of address 00000294 following the 6000 or 1814 error.

Wndows XP Home SP2

Compaq Presario V2000 HP Mobile AMD Smron 2800+ 1.6GHz, 224MB RAM

Ad-Aware current version: 0011.0000 Free Edition

Thanks for any suggestions.

I too am having the same problem.....or it will scan and then not leave me remove the files that the scan has found. I am complete illiterate on this things, but I can say that I am not happy with adaware at this point and feel as though I wasted my money. I hope someone comes up with an answer, because I can't even get online anymore because something is on my computer making it shut down every time I do.

I too am having the same problem.....or it will scan and then not leave me remove the files that the scan has found. I am complete illiterate on this things, but I can say that I am not happy with adaware at this point and feel as though I wasted my money. I hope someone comes up with an answer, because I can't even get online anymore because something is on my computer making it shut down every time I do.

Hi :D

Create a System Restore Point !

Uninstall AAW2007 > delete all files ( logfiles too ) manually >> browse your system to find empty files/folders and delete them.

Now reboot your system.

Shut down all your security systems before starting a new download / installation.

Reboot after installation.

Power up your sec.syst..

Hope it helps.

Sincere Regards

:) Raziel

Hi :D

Create a System Restore Point !

Uninstall AAW2007 > delete all files ( logfiles too ) manually >> browse your system to find empty files/folders and delete them.

Now reboot your system.

Shut down all your security systems before starting a new download / installation.

Reboot after installation.

Power up your sec.syst..

Hope it helps.

Sincere Regards

:D Raziel

Lo @ all

Still doesn't working :)

My spec:

AAW user

AMD4600

2GBRAM

Vista Ultimate 64bit

Avast AV

Ad-Aware 2007 Verrsion 7.0.1.6 (Update version: 0012.0000)

error6000ssyu6.jpg

Error gets in Resitry scan right there (always).

This is last scaned files:

...c:\windows\system32\olepro32.dll

c:\windows\system32\dwmapi.dll

c:\windows\syswow64\clbcatq.dll

End of Scan Section

===========================

Help, pls

Lo @ all

Still doesn't working :)

My spec:

AAW user

AMD4600

2GBRAM

Vista Ultimate 64bit

Avast AV

Ad-Aware 2007 Verrsion 7.0.1.6 (Update version: 0012.0000)

error6000ssyu6.jpg

Error gets in Resitry scan right there (always).

This is last scaned files:

...c:\windows\system32\olepro32.dll

c:\windows\system32\dwmapi.dll

c:\windows\syswow64\clbcatq.dll

End of Scan Section

===========================

Help, pls

Hi, Hosso :D:wacko:

Please check system requirements at first next time.

AAW2007 isn't definitively Vista ready yet !!

LS announce Vista version to the end of august.

You can sign in LS newsletter . At first have a look to >> http://www.lavasoft.com/company/newsletter/2007/7_31/ <<

What's about 64bit?? I'm not sure yet but you can check it in the newsletter.

I hope it helps you a little bit.

Cheers

:D Raziel

I think it's ridiculous you guys haven't fixed this yet. What good is a program like yours when it won't do it's job and you seem incapable of taking care of it? You make a big deal in your ads and p.r. about all the adware and malware and evil things out there and make big claims about how good you are at stopping them, but here you've had report after report after report that the program breaks down when scanning, and still you have no solution.

You've got the money and a lot of us have a broken program with no fix in sight.

Good business model you've got there, guys.

As for the details of todays failure with error 6000, they're the same as the last time I posted on the issue.

Full scan stops at about 19 or 20 minutes, error 6000.

XP SP2

No programs running.

All system tray programs exited except McAfee.

Latest AdAware definitions and program updates today.

You can keep the money, but I think that when renewal time comes around I'll be looking elsewhere for an anti-adware program.

I used Ad-Aware for the first time today. My system is a P4 running on Windows XP Pro.

Ad-Aware reports finding 905 infected objects in the "private objects" tab. I select them and click remove and then either before getting to the next stage or after selecting finished I receive two error dialogs. The first is:

"An error has occurred in Ad-Aware 2007!

Component:

TFormAAW

No root element found in xml"

Before I can click OK on that box, the other error #6000 that everyone else is complaining about pops up. When it closes Ad-Aware, if I reboot and re-run it, it has not successfully removed the infected objects, and finds them all again.

-s

I too got the dreaded 6000 error today. I have quit recommending AdAware to friends. I might start recommending it to some enemies though

Dan the disgusted

Edited by seadogdan

I too got the dreaded 6000 error today. I have quit recommending AdAware to friends. I might start recommending it to some enemies though

Dan the disgusted

I can't get Adware 2007 to even run. I get the 6000 and the error 1814,then we terminate gracefully. I've used Adaware for years and never had prolems I think it lavasofts problem. Very frustrating for me I've removed ,reinstalled,posted on the forum,and still no help.

Received the Error 6000 again

Reporting just like Tobias asks...don't know why...it's at a different place in the scan EVERY time...

WinXP SP2

512 MB RAM

P4 3.0Ghz

McAfee Virus Scan and Firewall

Ad-Ware 2007 Pro

Tried to run a full scan

stopped 4:59 into scan

scanning C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\5.0\Photo Creations\themes\greeting card (large)\=Simple Soft Edge.psd

Just did a quick scan and it worked...but that doesn't really mean anything to me because I've received Error 6000 with the full, quick and custom scans.

Edited by cornerstoneva

downloaded 7.1.0.6 today on 2 different boxes running XP and both get a error from XP that the Adware Services needs to terminate and the error 6000 immeditly on startup

I too have this "Error 6000" - problem.

Run a few years AD Aware SE Pro without any problem. Then updated to Ad Aware 2007 7.0.1.6. at first problems with the registration, after that always problems with Error 6000. Every scan crash down if my antivirus - aplication is running.

I don´t remember which Info you need but here are mine:

Win 2000 Pro sp4

Kaspersky Antivirus 7.0

Regards

OK, we will look into it. In the meantime I recommend that you download the update to 7.0.1.5

Regards, Tobias

Aloha from Kauai,

I just tried to download version 7.0.1.5 and cannot even get to the registration page before I get the dreaded ERROR 6000 message. Then it closes everything gracefully!

I'm running Windows XP

Firefox and Thunderbird.

McAfee and AVG antiviris

I removed/un-installed all old Lavasoft software and have downloaded and reloaded version 7.0.1.5 four times with the same results. In the interim, I installed Spybot

just to cover myself.

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

~George Bernard Shaw

:) I, too am having the same problem. I posted the following message on June 30, and received no reply or any response at that time. The issue is not resolved.

Here is the message I posted:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Aloha from Hawaii, everyone!

I am experiencing a download problem with AdWare 7.0.1.4 (freeware). I have downladed the program 3 times and each time I recieve the message that the program has been "Successfully Downloaded".

However, when I restart my computer, first I get the Microsoft error notice pop up which states:

"aawservice.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I attempt to open AdAware 7, first I see a partially legible popup message which states:

"Please enter your license information.

Hardware fingerr f-25B-47BC

Select License ty(pe? - illedible)

[AdAware 2007 plus 12 month license]

*serial num(ber? - illegible) [space for response]

*unlock k(ey? - illegible) [space for response]

[cancel] (if desired - my inference)"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought: Does my computer "think" that I have the purchased version? Each time I chose which version to download, I was quite certain that I chose the free version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pop up appears for only a few seconds. Then an AdAware pop up appears which states:

"Service Error 6000 has occured. Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service.

Terminating Gracefully..."

(By the way, I love the gentle error message! Thanks, AdAware!)

A little background:

My operating system is Windows 2000 Professional SP4

Before downloading each of the three times, all windows were closed.

I disabled all programs running in the background, including Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect each time I downloaded.

I have also tried to repair the download three times by using the "Repair" function offered at the LavaSoft support link on the details part of Lava Soft in my Control Panel/ Ad-Aware 2007. Each time I recieve the Microsoft error message cited above, "aawservice.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.".

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I would most certainly appreciate any help or suggestions anyone might be able to offer me!

Mahalo nui loa,

Kevin "

I am beginning to lose faith....

Kevin Lynch

Also from Hawaii. Having the same problem; however I can't even get the program to open--got the 6000 error after installation was complete. Now I just get a System Error 1814. I have installed/uninstalled countless time always with the same result.

I have re-installed my old AdAware SE version which works perfectly.

Lavasoft support unimpressive.

To you from Hawaii - we have just identified a bug that causes the service to crash if your timezone is set to Alaskan time or any time zone west of that (e.g. Hawaii). A fix will be included in the next software update.

Regards, Tobias

To you from Hawaii - we have just identified a bug that causes the service to crash if your timezone is set to Alaskan time or any time zone west of that (e.g. Hawaii). A fix will be included in the next software update.

Regards, Tobias

Aloha LS Tobias,

Thanks for the quick response. :D

Teterd on Kauai

Sign in to follow this