Sign in to follow this  
tuurke

Update And Webupdate

When I try to run "Update" and/or "Webupdate" I get the following error message "Event: SSL Download failed - Suggested action: Run webupdate".

When I eliminate my Norton Firewall webupdate is running well.

Is there some specific "thing" to open in the Norton Firewall.

I also have my Router Firewall, but there seems not to be the problem. In any case which port should be open in my Router firewall to permit to connect (even when I think the problem don't exist here).

When I try to update my "Update Status" or to update the "WebUpdate definitions file" I always receive an error message:

"Event SSL download failed" and "Suggested action: Run Webupdate" Both giving the same error when I do this.

Once I got the following answer: close your firewall...

And yes, Web update executed the update.

Why do I have to eliminate everytime my firewall when I try to update ?

Is there no solution for this problem ?

oops wrong post

Edited by cootmaster

I assume that your firewall has some way of "whitelisting" individual applications which always lets them access the Internet. If you add Ad-Aware2007.exe and lsupdatemanager.exe to this white list you should be able to update without deactivating your firewall.

Regards, Tobias

I added "lsupdatemanager.exe" to the programs file of my Norton firewall...still the samen problem (same error message).

I also have a router firewall (where I allowed, for all security, port 1234) , but this one seems not to be the cause of the problem. Because he is still open when, after closing the Norton firewall, the updates are working.

Am I the only one with this firewall problem ?

Am I the only one member having this problem (see attachment)

It still not possible to execute webupdate without eliminating temporarely my Norton firewall

If not eliminated I receive this error message.

In my opinion the program file in Norton Security is set as it should be to allow all Adaware transactions.

Any body with some "working" solution ?

Thanks.

post-17010-1183623941.jpg

It still not possible to execute webupdate without eliminating temporarely my Norton firewall

In my opinion the program file in Norton Security is set as it should be to allow all Adaware transactions.

Thanks.

post-17010-1183624140.jpg

Thanks.

post-17010-1183624140.jpg

Have you allowed acces for both Ad-Aware2007.exe and lsupdatemanager.exe?

Regards, Tobias

Have you allowed acces for both Ad-Aware2007.exe and lsupdatemanager.exe?

Regards, Tobias

Those are indicated as allowed in my firewall and indicated as:

Lavasoft Adaware

LavaSoft Updatemanager

Adaware2007

Still the same error who is disappearing after I clos my firewall.

It would be helpful if you could retrieve the crash dump from your crash.

I am not quite sure how to walk you through the procedure on a Flemish OS, but here's an attempt:

- When you get the crash follow the link that says 'Als u meer informatie wilt over deze fout, klikt u hier.'

- This will open another dialog which should have two links in it, follow the upper one to get more information

- Another dialog will open with addresses to where you can find addresses to crash dumps. Do not close this dialog (or windows will erase the dump file), just copy the address to the folder containing the dump file and go to that address in Windows Explorer.

- Copy the dump file to another folder (where it won't be automatically deleted by Windows) and attach it to a post here.

Regards, Tobias

Most of the (let say always if I don't close my firewall) I receive this attachment:post-17010-1183652614.jpg

The other "crash screen" was displayed only two times.

The next time I get I will execute what you mentionned send the results.

In an other part of the forum I was putting the same question.

Because Support didn't answer most of the time, I try it this wat.

Am I the one and only one member having this problem (see attachment Appendix A):

This is indicated as access allowed in my firewall programs:

Lavasoft Adaware

LavaSoft Updatemanager

Adaware2007

Twice I receive also a “crash†screen (see attachment AD 1)

Thanks for helping.

post-17010-1183656693.jpgpost-17010-1183656701.jpg

I'm having the same problem. I have the latest version (7.0.1.5) but I also get the error (message above) when trying to update the def files. The error above appears when first launching the software, once in I can click the update button to begin the webupdate but after a few seconds of a message saying "Getting information about definition updates, please wait". That stays onscreen for about 6 seconds then disappears. I then get an update in the news window below saying "New Ad-Aware 2007 released", but nothing happens beyond that.

Clicking the Update button again just shows the "Getting information about Definition update...." message again which disappears after 6 seconds.

Any help, gratefully received!

Roz

So, I closed my Norton firelwall and at two times I got a so called "update".

I can see that the update bar is avancing but I don't know if Adware is really udated...

Why ? Because the "Last Update date" is not changing and stays at 05/07/2007, same time.

post-17010-1183967180.jpg

Is this also normal ? Or has this date to change if an update wes executed ?

I have the impression that the new Ad-2007 is not really working as it should be...I didn't had those troubles with my Adaware SE Plus...

While I'm writing this I tried again to start "Update" (in the meantime Norton firewall is again ON) and now I get again the same error screen but this time with a "message"... and this will not disappear till I close AD-2007...

So...please wait...I'm still waiting, nothing is happening...

post-17010-1183967889.jpg

Another problem...can support, please, have a look at this or pay me back my subscription.

Thanks.

What version of Norton Internet Security do you have? I have known the Norton Firewall to not allow updates to other programs even if you add them to a white list, (For example SpywareBlaster). I had to shut down the firewall to allow updates then start the firewall back up again. Have you tried that? I will be away for a week, so if you do not hear from me don't get worried. I will be back next Monday.

Edited by SpySentinel

I was making a schedule task to look for updates each day at 19.30.

Every day at that time my computer is restarting...

Is this normal ? Or is this one more problem...

I have installed Norton Internet Security 2006.

And yes, if I shut down the firewall before executing update (webupdate) the updates are (I think so, because the "Last Update date is not adapted everytime) executed.

So, I don't think that it is normal that I have to shut down the firewall.

It seems that I cannot use the scheduler to start an auto-update, because if I program the schedule for example at 18.00...my computer restards everytime when the scheduler is starting the update (without updating...)

It could be a different program why 7:30 PM (19.30), try a different time see if that helps if it still does it check for Spyware and viruses it could very well be spyware or viruses restarting your computer to prevent Ad-Aware from updating (I've seen that happen many times).

Mike

Ad-Aware 2007 Beta Tester and Support

Sign in to follow this