Sign in to follow this  
mal7

Ad-watch Will Not Open In Ad-aware 2007 Plus Edition

I just purchased Ad-Aware 2007 Plus Edition, and have registered it and done all software updates.

When I try to open Ad-Watch, it says that Ad-watch is only available in Plus and Pro versions. I have the Plus version, (and it says this in the lower left hand corner of the main page.)

I have closed and opened Ad-Aware 2007 plus, but still I get this error message that Ad-Watch is only available in Plus or Pro, even though I have the Plus version

Help please

I just purchased Ad-Aware 2007 Plus Edition, and have registered it and done all software updates.

When I try to open Ad-Watch, it says that Ad-watch is only available in Plus and Pro versions. I have the Plus version, (and it says this in the lower left hand corner of the main page.)

I have closed and opened Ad-Aware 2007 plus, but still I get this error message that Ad-Watch is only available in Plus or Pro, even though I have the Plus version

Help please

Does anyone from Lavasoft support monitor these forums????

I'm really annoyed about this. In the free edition Ad-watch worked perfectly. After forking out A$47 to get the paid version of Ad-Aware Plus, I now get the error message "Ad-watch is only available in Plus and Pro versions".

I JUST PURCHASED THE PLUS VERSION!! I have updated the software and registered it.

PLEASE LAVASOFT LOOK AFTER YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS AND AT LEAST REPLY OR GIVE ME A REFUND

These forums are mostly aimed at users of our Free version. As a paying customer you can get direct support from our Support Center by following the links on www.lavasoft.com.

Thank you.

These forums are mostly aimed at users of our Free version. As a paying customer you can get direct support from our Support Center by following the links on www.lavasoft.com.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I wrote to Tech help....hopefully they will fix the problem

Mal

Thanks for the reply. I wrote to Tech help....hopefully they will fix the problem

Mal

Still no reply from Tech help....How I wish I had not purchased the Pluis version....all was working fine until I outlaid my money...now they aren't even replying to my cries for help.

Make sure that you are running the latest version by clicking the Update button on the Main Status screen to download the latest updates.

Also make sure that your Plus version has been activated properly - it should say 'Plus' in the lower right corener of the window-

Regards, Tobias

Make sure that you are running the latest version by clicking the Update button on the Main Status screen to download the latest updates.

Also make sure that your Plus version has been activated properly - it should say 'Plus' in the lower right corener of the window-

Regards, Tobias

Why don't you read what is written? He has installed the Plus version. I have gone through exactly the same process and you will not respond to me either.

The fact is you have taken our money under false pretences. That is illegal almost anywhere in the world. The quickest resolution is to refund our money. Unless of course your intentions are genuinely criminal.

Why don't you read what is written? He has installed the Plus version. I have gone through exactly the same process and you will not respond to me either.

The fact is you have taken our money under false pretences. That is illegal almost anywhere in the world. The quickest resolution is to refund our money. Unless of course your intentions are genuinely criminal.

I was only trying to make sure that his software had activated properly.

We are trying to answer all questions that you may have on these forums, but if you are a paying user we recommend that you use the Support Center as your primary source of help, since they are better equipped to give help on an individual basis.

Regards, Tobias

Hi, I am having the exact same problem as mal7. Even after re-installing Adware and making sure it was registered properly, Ad-Watch will not open. I have it running on Vista so I tried to change the compatibility setting to Windows XP on both Adware and Adwatch and it still would not open. I have emailed Tech support twice but have not gotten a response.

Mal7, have you heard back yet?

Thanks,

Gabbal

Hi, I am having the exact same problem as mal7. Even after re-installing Adware and making sure it was registered properly, Ad-Watch will not open. I have it running on Vista so I tried to change the compatibility setting to Windows XP on both Adware and Adwatch and it still would not open. I have emailed Tech support twice but have not gotten a response.

Thanks,

Gabbal

Yes they answered my email eventually and told me to uninstall and reinstall latest version. I have done that, but now when I try to register, it says my serial number is invalid, so I am not registered (even though I outlayed A$47)

I emailed them 3 or 4 days ago to see what is happening....and still have no reply. Ad Watch runs now for about 2 minutes, then I get a run-time error and it freezes.

Very poor service for paying customers :-(

Mal

Thanks for getting back to me.............at least someone does! I still have not heard from support and I did the same thing you did but was able to re-register but Ad-watch still did not open up. Looking at all of the forums, it appears that Ad-ware has some huge problems with Ad-watch not working. I have a bad feeling that I just lost $40 on a poor product. Hope I am wrong!

Gabbal

Thanks,

Gabbal

Since Ad-Aware 2007 isn't ready or certified for Windows Vista yet, some things (including Ad-Watch the last time I checked) won't function properly. Our Vista-compatible release is scheduled for Q3 (32 bit).

Regards, Jocke

Since Ad-Aware 2007 isn't ready or certified for Windows Vista yet, some things (including Ad-Watch the last time I checked) won't function properly. Our Vista-compatible release is scheduled for Q3 (32 bit).

Regards, Jocke

Appreciate the feedback. When is Q3? Also, will Lavasoft give me credit as I have paid for a product that does not work any different than the free version?

Thanks,

Gabbal

Appreciate the feedback. When is Q3? Also, will Lavasoft give me credit as I have paid for a product that does not work any different than the free version?

Thanks,

Gabbal

At least yours works!! Mine wont register, and Ad Watch freezes with a run time error

And this is the paid version. The free version worked flawlessly

Regards, Jocke

Well, I'm not running Vista and I'm having the same problem that has been reported repeatedly in these forums. And contacting tech support via the Lavasoft Web site doesn't seem to yield any results, either. So, all of us who have this problem are stuck with software that simply doesn't work. Until Lavasoft gets its act together with this release, I am reverting back to SE Plus. :)

Sign in to follow this