Sign in to follow this  
CrunchieBite

Ok, So Where Is My Serial Number

Ok so I may be blind but, I can't figure this out to save my life.

I have a valid 12 maintenance contract purchased 18 Jan 07 for Lavasoft SE Professional which works a treat. After the shambles that is the roll out of Adaware 2007, I noticed yesterday that the "Support Center" finally showed a download link under "My Resources" for 2007. So, I duely uninstalled SE, rebooted and installed 2007 to be immedaitely prompted for a Serial number.

Where on earth do I get this from?

I have been through every link under "Support Center", checked every e-mail I recieved from element 5 / Lavasoft when I made my purchase back in January and I never recived a serial number. I even sent a support e-mail via Support Center and got a complete waste of space canned response which indicates to me that no human being actually bothered to read my email in full and which was totally pointless.

Since lavasoft seem to be either unable or unwilling to answer, does anybody out there in the big world wide web have any clues?

Cheers!

Mark

same here mate i have been using it since 04 but i re ordered it again last month but i need a serial or code too asap so i can upgrade to the 2007 pro but i have nothing any where..... .

same here mate i have been using it since 04 but i re ordered it again last month but i need a serial or code too asap so i can upgrade to the 2007 pro but i have nothing any where..... .

Me too. When I bought Ad-Adware last year I signed up for two years so I would get timely updates. When I was in the support area, I saw the download for aaw2007 and installed it. I was then prompted for a serial number. None of the numbers I had worked.

I emailed customer services and they sent me back a simple set of instructions on how to install my serial number... WHAT FRIGGIN SERIAL NUMBER. YOU WONT SEND ME ONE! I emailed back and have not had any reply.

This leaves me with a PC with less security than before I upgraded. I don't have real time scanning an my scheduled scans won't run.

I think I'll let my licence lapse when it comes up for renewal next time. Seems us loyal paying customers aren't worth the effort. I understand that they're having problems transfering licences between systems, but surely they tested thattransfer process before releasing the software. Surely they wouldn't expose so many of us to reduced security just to rush a product to production... would they?

83 views and 2 reponses from non-lavasoft employees who are in exactly the same problem.

I am officially going to request a refund on my purchase as I purchased on the understanding that I would get a free upgrade to 2007 Professional when it was released. This has not come through so, as far as I am concerned, that is breach of contract and I will contact my credit card company to arrange a charge back if I get no joy from Lavasoft by the end of this week.

We have begun distributing serials for customers with valid SE licences today.

Regards, Tobias

No e-mails here either. Can't say that I am suprised though. ;)

Nothing here either. I emailed support but they didn't reply...

I wonder if their definition of "today" works on the same time-scale as their release dates. After all, every day is "today" when you're in it.

We temporarily stopped the distribution of serials since we want to make a small change to the registration process in order to facilitate the of existing SE licences to 2007 licenses.

As soon as this software update is done we will resume the distribution process. I will make an announcement in this forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards, Tobias

;-)

some news at last.

i do like ad-ware very very much i will use my old as-ware pro with ad-watch untill i get my code for the 2007pro !!.

so please get working asap ha-ha.

If this wasn't so frustrating it would be comical.

Didn't you guys at Lavasoft bother to test your "registration process" before the release of 2007?

It's such a shame to see this happening...you get everyone hyped up and eager to use the brand new release only to let down all of your existing loyal customers with a catalogue of errors that should really have been isolated weeks if not months before release!

We temporarily stopped the distribution of serials since we want to make a small change to the registration process in order to facilitate the of existing SE licences to 2007 licenses.

Looks like me definition of "today" was right then - it's just the day when you get around to doing something. Why not just issue everyone with a valid licence with a two year licence for AAW2007 by way of an appology. Better still, why not tell the people in the support centre to stop irritating the customers by not replying to support emails.

I too am having the same problem, SERIAL NUMBER required??? Where do I get a serial number? I even tried using my Element 5 order number... all it did was install Ad-Aware 2007 as the Free version. It also wanted me to tell it what version of Ad-Aware I had purchased, which is good, but then it also wanted to know the term of my license, 12, 24, or 36 months. People, I'm doing an UPGRADE? I figure I have about 19 or 20 months left on my License.

I agree with Mr. Barnett, through us a bone for all of this runaround, just issue everyone with a valid license with a two year license for Ad-Aware 2007 Pro. This deployment of Ad-Aware 2007 is going to lose more revenue for Lavasoft than the Serial Number and validation is going to gain due to software Piracy.

I too am having the same problem, SERIAL NUMBER required??? Where do I get a serial number?

They have changed the serial number format completely, so they have to send you a new one. Strange that they didn't realise that this might be a significant issue for their existing customers and doubly strange that they made the software download available to registered customers KNOWING that they can't get the serial numbers. In my opinion, they have deliberately exposed my PC to infection by taking away the real time protection that I used to enjoy.

That said, I have just received an email promising me a serial number within 24 hours.

I'm not holding my breath. If it's not with me by Monday though, I'll be switching to SpySweeper when AdAdware expires (or possibly sooner).

Steve

I got my reply to my email sent via the Support Center requesting a refund.

Yet again, the response was a copy & paste canned response but, rather than being about my refund request, it was simply an email stating that I would get my serial number "soon". The e-mail then carried on by giving me a step by step guide of how to input my serial number into Adaware

Lavasoft - Do you support people bother to read e-mails?

I will send one more e-mail via the support center requesting my refund. If I get another canned response that does not properly address the contents of my email, my next port of call will be Element 5 & Visa.

Should anyone from Lavasoft read this and feel like contacting me directly....nevermind, I know that wont happen.

Edited by CrunchieBite

Well, all I can say is that Lavasoft needs a lot of training in the area of software development and lessons learned about the deployment of software and customer support. It is very obvious that Lavasoft knows nothing about customer support or software development or deployment.

On a brighter note, I have uninstalled, tagged and bagged, and totally given up on Lavasoft and ad-aware.

Don't laugh, but I've loaded MS Windows Defender and am looking for another Spy-Ware product.

I worked for over 22 year as an IT Professional and the last 6 years as the Information System Security Manager for a Top Security DOD Lab. I have seen nothing at all, not even close to this fiasco, not even with MS. If any of our software developers deployed an application in this manner, in there next job all they would have to learn to say is "Would you like Fries with that".

I registered just to post on this topic...I too am having problems with my serial #. I go to the page where my license information is supposed to be, and the page is blank.....? I just today got a reply back on my lost account information, and I sent that email a week ago. So any information would be appreciated.

:) I am logged onto the Support Center page and see NOTHING about serial numbers... :angry:

I registered just to post on this topic...I too am having problems with my serial #. I go to the page where my license information is supposed to be, and the page is blank.....? I just today got a reply back on my lost account information, and I sent that email a week ago. So any information would be appreciated.

Like "repl1ca" I also registered just to reply to this topic.

I've logged onto support centre which says I'm already licenced for 2007 Pro with 1 year of upgrades so there are no buttons to get a new serial.

However I'm still using SE Pro as a long time user with lifetime upgrades and have never received a 2007 serial previously.

Support Center??? Serial Number??? Ad-Aware2007 Pro??? - What´s that??? I have bloody fingers for typing e-mails!!! ´An e-mail with your technical request was sent succsessfully´- BUT WHERE??? In the meantime I reinstalled my old version of Ad-Aware, my money for the upgrade is lost in the Nirwana and my hope, that I get a serial number this century inside is flying away......

Good luck! theissi :)

Sign in to follow this