Sign in to follow this  
briwat

New Download

Tobias. I have just been advised by pop up that a new definitions file and update manager were available for download. This I did and everything seems to be fine. The only problem I can see is that the new def. file shows version 0004 when the last was 0006? Thank you.

yup

i posted this on thread 14 is now 13

his weird

my .14 said there was a new software update came on when it was done it says .13 what happened

it listed as 0004 on 7 3 07 and EVERYTHING up to date how can this be

also all settings went to default why did this happen

shouldnt it be 00060000 and .14

I'm seeing the same here:

aawservice.exe v. 7.0.1.4

Ad-Aware2007.exe v. 7.0.1.3

CEAPI.dll v. 7.0.1.2

And def file is back to 0004.0000

i dont mind it i hated the 14

no pop up

it constantly messed up def files and courupted

it says no more updates so im guessing the software up to date though everything went to default and defs are 0004000

bit confusing but prefer 13

Tobias. I have just been advised by pop up that a new definitions file and update manager were available for download. This I did and everything seems to be fine. The only problem I can see is that the new def. file shows version 0004 when the last was 0006? Thank you.

Same story here also !!

Before the update: Ad-Aware version 7.0.1.4 and Definitions File 0006.0000

After the update: Ad-Aware version 7.0.1.3 and Definitions File 0004.0000 !!!!!!

I used before the Ad-Aware SE and was perfect, Ad-Aware 2007 it is just garbage !!!

HOW ODD .14 is back with 0006000 everything updated again

Yes, it updated back for me too, to the current versions.

Then it wanted me to "update" back to the old versions again.

Enough!

Same story here also !!

Before the update: Ad-Aware version 7.0.1.4 and Definitions File 0006.0000

After the update: Ad-Aware version 7.0.1.3 and Definitions File 0004.0000 !!!!!!

I used before the Ad-Aware SE and was perfect, Ad-Aware 2007 it is just garbage !!!

That was the yesterday (03-07-07) joke !!

Today (04-07-07) with the a new update-joke:

From version 7.0.1.3 and def.file 0004.0000, once again to version 7.0.1.4 and def.file 0006.0000 !!!

What about tomorrow ???

Keep trying your hard work ( to lose customers every day) !!!

back to 13 2nd time?

i haven't gotten that yet

so u gotten the 13 2x now?

back to 13 2nd time?

i haven't gotten that yet

so u gotten the 13 2x now?

Same story for me also, just I said NO to the 2x update, so I remain with version 7.0.1.4 and def.file 0006.0000.

Regards (from one idiot user of Ad-Aware 2007) !!!

An update server which hade ben shut down for a while was apparently turned on again yesterday without being updated with the latest versions of the software and definitions.

This should be resolved soon.

Regards, Tobias

Hi Tobias, I have just downloaded the updates, at 10.26 a.m. and am now back at version 0006.0000 7.0.1.4. The only thing missing is the pop ups which tell us that our def. files are up to date. We had them for a short while during the return to version 0004. 0000. Thank you, Mawby.

Yes, the 7.0.1.3 did have the pop-ups and they will be available again (and this time optional) with the next update.

Regards, Tobias

Yes, the 7.0.1.3 did have the pop-ups and they will be available again (and this time optional) with the next update.

Regards, Tobias

Thanks Tobias,

Mawby.

Regards, Tobias

any estemated time of arival for this version

gatta have my pops :angry:

dont really mind the trouble i have had with 'ad-aware 2007' i think we have all learned something from this experience,BUT!!!!! why oh why has this program chosen to (backward) update ie, definition file 0004.0000 is now showing as being installed it was version 0006.0000 BEFORE THE UPDATE!!!! oh by the way the automatic update pops up when i start 'ad-aware' and firstly tells me my defs are out of date then tells me they are up to date, also apparently now the 'gui' version i have is 7.0.1.3 again this was 7.0.1.4 BEFORE THE UPDATE!!!! this whole saga is now becoming just one big joke with the laugh being on us, i have stood by this program and even defended it in recent weeks but how can i do that now when things seem to be getting worse not better, well i will now give it ONE more week then it comes off my pc never to return, i am so dissapointed at this moment it makes me feel sick. polygon

apparently some fool turned an update server on without updating it first!!!!!! now i have def version 0006.0000 back and also gui version 7.0.1.4, at this moment i do not know if i should laugh or cry, i for one still need some convincing that this program is worth keeping on my pc, although i will admit the comedy of errors that is happening on a daily basis is quite entertaining, even if it does not fill me with confidence that the program will ever be 'bug' free!!!! polygon

dont really mind the trouble i have had with 'ad-aware 2007' i think we have all learned something from this experience,BUT!!!!! why oh why has this program chosen to (backward) update ie, definition file 0004.0000 is now showing as being installed it was version 0006.0000 BEFORE THE UPDATE!!!! oh by the way the automatic update pops up when i start 'ad-aware' and firstly tells me my defs are out of date then tells me they are up to date, also apparently now the 'gui' version i have is 7.0.1.3 again this was 7.0.1.4 BEFORE THE UPDATE!!!! this whole saga is now becoming just one big joke with the laugh being on us, i have stood by this program and even defended it in recent weeks but how can i do that now when things seem to be getting worse not better, well i will now give it ONE more week then it comes off my pc never to return, i am so dissapointed at this moment it makes me feel sick. polygon

apparently some fool turned an update server on without updating it first!!!!!! now i have def version 0006.0000 back and also gui version 7.0.1.4, at this moment i do not know if i should laugh or cry, i for one still need some convincing that this program is worth keeping on my pc, although i will admit the comedy of errors that is happening on a daily basis is quite entertaining, even if it does not fill me with confidence that the program will ever be 'bug' free!!!! polygon

Hi

Yes, it is back to the correct version and everything I think, but it is also back to finding 0 tracking cookies when I know there are some to be found.

Thank you, Tobias.

@LS Calamity Jane: You responded to my post on this issue in the "Bug reports" board, and said it was a duplicate post already resolved. That was not a duplicate topic that had been resolved when I posted it. It was the multiple posts on this board which went unanswered that prompted my post on this "Bug reports" board. I only post this here because you locked that thread.

Hi Tobias, can you explain something to me. Am I correct in assuming that the (present) Version 0007.0000 refers to the Definitions File Update, and the (present) Version 7.0.1.4 refers to the Software Update.

Thank you, Mawby

Hi Tobias, can you explain something to me. Am I correct in assuming that the (present) Version 0007.0000 refers to the Definitions File Update, and the (present) Version 7.0.1.4 refers to the Software Update.

Thank you, Mawby

you got it!

Regards, Tobias

hmm update 15 doesnt show pop ups just a rectangle was pop up re added how i turn it on

ok i set pop but how do i show pop auto on start instead of guessing like 13

Edited by cootmaster

Sign in to follow this