Sign in to follow this  
billjf

Deleting Cookies

You shouldn't have to do that. Can you give a more detailed description of what happens when you try to delete cookies?

Regards, Tobias

Hi Tobias, I have had this too. The number of cookies to be removed are shown then the counter starts to count down. It then stops with a number still shown, and a pop-up advises that these files cannot be removed, but will be deleted when the computer re-boots. I have also noticed today that occasionally after a scan, no infections are found but should be, as I had just logged off internet.

Regards Mawby.

Ad-Aware 2007 free edition. Have just received software update 7.0.1.5 and ran a smart scan. After removing 4 tracking cookies out of 18 found, a pop up said an Ad-Aware 2007 error had occurred: Cleaning - unable to remove file, suggested action, will be removed after you have restarted your computer.

Mawby.

Ad-Aware 2007 free edition. Have just received software update 7.0.1.5 and ran a smart scan. After removing 4 tracking cookies out of 18 found, a pop up said an Ad-Aware 2007 error had occurred: Cleaning - unable to remove file, suggested action, will be removed after you have restarted your computer.

Mawby.

If you could supply us with some system specifications, information about other security software you are running and what browsers you use, that would be helpful.

The scan log from the scan with the failed removals would also be helpful.

Regards, Tobias

I am having the exact same issues....Finding cookies but it is deleting only a few. After removing only a few it says

"Error!

Cleaning

Unable To Remove File

Suggested Action

Will be removed after you restart your computer"

Ad-Aware 2007 7.0.1.4 Free

I use Norton Internet Security 2005

Windows XP - SP 2

I know others are having this problem...maybe you can find a solution.

Thanks

5thgreen

Hi Tobias, I suspect my original download to 7.0.1.5 had been corrupted i.e. the download sat at 29% for a while before finishing. I did a System Restore and then downloaded a new update of version 7.0.1.5. which installed perfectly. A smart scan revealed 10 cookies which were then removed ok. It appears to be fine.

Thanks again, Mawby.

Yes, I experienced the same when updating to 7.0.1.5 on my computer at home, but the software runs just fine which leads me to believe that it is a glitch in the progress display in the Update Manager. We will have a look at it.

Regards, Tobias

I downloaded 7.0.1.5 this afternoon and did another scan. It detected 148 cookies, however, only deleted 94. I am assuming most of the 148 were left over cookies from yesterday that it didn't delete. Below is my scan summary. This has been going on since I downloaded Ad Aware 2007. Hopefully there is a solution. Thanks for any help.

Scan mode: Smart

Scan time: 00:05:14

Number of objects scanned: 115800

Number of infections found: 148

Critical: 0

Privacy Objects: 148

Infections deleted: 94

Total infections quarantined: 0

Total infections ignored by scanner: 12

I downloaded 7.0.1.5 this afternoon and did another scan. It detected 148 cookies, however, only deleted 94. I am assuming most of the 148 were left over cookies from yesterday that it didn't delete. Below is my scan summary. This has been going on since I downloaded Ad Aware 2007. Hopefully there is a solution. Thanks for any help.

Scan mode: Smart

Scan time: 00:05:14

Number of objects scanned: 115800

Number of infections found: 148

Critical: 0

Privacy Objects: 148

Infections deleted: 94

Total infections quarantined: 0

Total infections ignored by scanner: 12

I downloaded 7.0.1.5 today and did a scan. It detected 13 cookies and showed 13 cookies deleted. However, when I checked General statistics it shows infections detected 13 and removed 13. Detailed statistics however show items found 13 and items removed 6. Why the discrepency between general and detailed statistics when the original scan showed all cookies deleted?

If you could supply us with some system specifications, information about other security software you are running and what browsers you use, that would be helpful.

The scan log from the scan with the failed removals would also be helpful.

Regards, Tobias

I am having the same problem, as well. After I reboot and run Ad-Aware again, the files show removed on the counter, but the log file doesn't reflect that. The log file entries say;

Failed to remove Browser ....................

It repeats the message for each cookie file that was not removed.

I would be more than happy to give the you the log info but I can't seem to C&P it. Is there a way to copy it here or send it to you?

I am running XP, Norton AntiVirus 2007 and ZoneAlarm firewall - free version.

Could Norton or ZoneAlarm be interfering with the removal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I enter sweepstakes as a hobby and pick up alot of nasty cookies, so I run Ad-Aware 2 to 3 times a day. It's a real pita to reboot each time :)

Thanks!

I am having the same problem, as well. After I reboot and run Ad-Aware again, the files show removed on the counter, but the log file doesn't reflect that. The log file entries say;

Failed to remove Browser ....................

It repeats the message for each cookie file that was not removed.

I would be more than happy to give the you the log info but I can't seem to C&P it. Is there a way to copy it here or send it to you?

I am running XP, Norton AntiVirus 2007 and ZoneAlarm firewall - free version.

Could Norton or ZoneAlarm be interfering with the removal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I enter sweepstakes as a hobby and pick up alot of nasty cookies, so I run Ad-Aware 2 to 3 times a day. It's a real pita to reboot each time :angry2:

Thanks!

This is something that has gone on since the release of aaw07. About one out of every 4 scans, it will start to scan and find some tracking cookies, then stop with the popup error: "Cleaning - unable to remove file, suggested action, will be removed after you have restarted your computer." If I run another scan without restarting or even when I restart, it will show no cookies are found to remove, even though it never removed them all...something wrong here; Can not easily tell which file it is referring to. Use IE7, Comodo firewall and norton antivirus but I doubt any of those is the problem...PLEASE FIX!!

Sign in to follow this