Sign in to follow this  
LS Tobias

Software Update 7.0.1.5 Now Available

We have just released software update 7.0.1.5 and you can get it by pressing the 'Update' button on the Main Status screen in the application. The content of the update can be viewed in the list below.

Software Update 7.0.1.5 July 6th, 2007

Ad-Aware 2007

- Fixed: Bug affecting the scan of archives

- Fixed: Bug affecting the scan of Opera search page

- Fixed: Presentation bug with deleted items

- Fixed: TVirtualStringTree bug that made application crash after scan

- Added: "Display update status dialog" setting

- Added: Dialog that is displayed when a Definitions File update is in progress

- Added: Functionality to facilitate transfer of SE licenses to Ad-Aware 2007

Regards, Tobias

where is the alert pop up for setting pop up preferences was it added for defs avalable

all i see is a rectangle getting infomation please wait and nothing happens

i dont see a activate deactivate

Edited by cootmaster

Settings > Auto Scans > Safety

check the option called 'Display update status dialog'

Regards, Tobias

ok but its not doing it when system starts up i still have manually check

how do i set pop when adw is activated like .13

manually check on start up doesn't display anything is it supposed to pop or only if aval

id like see a pop re added on start off X Check mark

see check on start up but i dont see anything pop

Edited by cootmaster

We have just released software update 7.0.1.5 and you can get it by pressing the 'Update' button on the Main Status screen in the application. The content of the update can be viewed in the list below.

Software Update 7.0.1.5 July 6th, 2007

Ad-Aware 2007

- Fixed: Bug affecting the scan of archives

- Fixed: Bug affecting the scan of Opera search page

- Fixed: Presentation bug with deleted items

- Fixed: TVirtualStringTree bug that made application crash after scan

- Added: "Display update status dialog" setting

- Added: Dialog that is displayed when a Definitions File update is in progress

- Added: Functionality to facilitate transfer of SE licenses to Ad-Aware 2007

Regards, Tobias

Tobias,

I downloaded version 7.0.1.5 and used it to do a scan. I let it remove all the tracking cookies that it found, 39 in my case. The good news is that Earthlink didn't forget me, so maybe that problem is solved. I would like to think so. The bad news is that when I did a scan using SE, it found seven "ghosts" that were left behind after 2007 did its remove. Is this a known problem and do you have any idea why 2007 is doing it?

Bill Denholm

Settings > Auto Scans > Safety

check the option called 'Display update status dialog'

Regards, Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I have this option checked but there is no notification on start up.

It may well be that if an update is available then it will tell me but it does NOT say "File definitions are up to date".

yup only when you manually check and its a pain

can we add a ON OFF for show dont show pop at startup

Not sure if this is a bug but...

The "Notify me when Definitions File is outdated" option (I have it set to 3 days) under Web Update settings tells me "Outdated Defs File" and suggests I do a Web update, when AAW 2007 first launches. When I do that, I receive your new dialog boxes (Thanks :excl: ) and I'm told "Your definition file is up to date!".

Perhaps I'm confused about the meaning of the word "outdated". I would think that the "Outdated Defs File" message would only appear if a newer defs file is available on your server. Why is my defs file being called outdated if there's nothing newer?

Am I simply confused?

Thanks.

I have updated to the free 7.0.1.5 version and still cannot run the full scan. I get the 6000 error.

Can you see which part is being scanned when you get the error?

Are you running any other security software?

Regards, Tobias

tobis is 15 supposed check on start up the pop up only seems manual

I recently installed the 7.0.1.4 version, and was getting the Service Error 6000 blah blah....

I uninstalled it and installed the 7.0.1.5 version hoping to fix this. It did not.

After a little troubleshooting, and noticing it was dumping out with the 6000 error on "scanning inside archive", I figured out my problem.

My McAfee VirusScan software was also set to scan archives during OnAccess scans. AdAware seems to not like to wait for the McAfee archive scan to complete, and then craps out.

After changing the "scan archives" function of McAfee vScan to only scan archives for 5 seconds, vs 15, AdAware 07 can complete a full scan no problem. I am guessing though if it was to come across an archive which was very large (or larger than anything on the PC right now), it may do it again.

I want to keep this function active in vScan. Maybe it could be built into AdAware that it bypasses a file after X amount of time spent trying to scan, or just allow a file to be scanned for longer. There may be something different conflicting with the 2 scans, and nothing to do with timing being too long, but those are my recommendations.

This may not be everyones problem, but this was mine and my fix.

Thanks,

Tim

also found a bug, i think a good bug for me though. :D i just remember in all previous versions, ad-watch was not available in the free product.

i have only the free download product, which i installed and rebooted before running the program.

instead of running ad-aware first, i accidentally ran ad-watch. i set all the settings and began running it.

i then went and ran ad-aware, when it asked me for a serial and which product i was running. i hit cancel and proceeded to setup adaware.

i rebooted and ad-watch is still starting up upon reboot and ad-aware runs no problem.

i had previously installed 7.1.0.4 as an upgrade to SE, but ad-watch would not run, it said i needed the pro version. i then uninstalled and installed the 7.0.1.5 version.

but the order i did things seems to allow ad-watch to run no problems. im actually not even using it, because i can't seem to make it ask me to allow or block. i want to allow the wgatray.exe app to do its thing upon reboot and ad-watch flashes after every reboot because of it, so i'm just not running it.

you may want to check that out too.

Tim

Can you see which part is being scanned when you get the error?

Are you running any other security software?

Regards, Tobias

I have these Anti-Virus's

NOD 32

Avast

Running Windows XP

Here is a screenshot when the error occurs...

6000-error.gif

It does check on startup, yes.

Regards, Tobias

Hello!

It does not check updates automaticly on startup. I have all required options marked and still not, only manual. And update log files dont show any automatic update information. Can i be so wrong...? :)

Are you really sure that it does not check for updates? It will not display a confirmation dialog after the startup check, but it should write an entry in the AdAware update.log file, as well as in the AdAware event.log

Go to Status > Log Files, choose the AdAware event.log and check the if the latest entry and timestamp corresponds to the last time you started Ad-Aware.

Regards, Tobias

Are you really sure that it does not check for updates? It will not display a confirmation dialog after the startup check, but it should write an entry in the AdAware update.log file, as well as in the AdAware event.log

Go to Status > Log Files, choose the AdAware event.log and check the if the latest entry and timestamp corresponds to the last time you started Ad-Aware.

Regards, Tobias

Hi!

I am really very sure that it don´t check updates automatically on startup,only if i hit the update button then it check. And i have cheked logs many times but there is not any information automatic updating. And i have uninstalled and installed,but no effect..

Hello

same for me, no automatic update

it's maybe interressant to have the log sort to have the last message upon !!

thanks

jean

Hye All,

After the last compatibilities update for vista in the lats patch, the last version of ad-aware work under vista ultimate.

Best regards

Edited by jnq

What can i do? Ad-Aware 2007 Free does not check updates automaticly,maybe i give up and let it be like it is(manual checking always) or maybe i must have peace of my mind and try to solve this update problem,but how? B)

Regards, Tobias

Tobias,

All I know is that when 0008.0000 was released, 2007 didn't tell me that a new file was available.

Bill Denholm

ok i think heres the deal

you NEEDweb update at 10

i just woke up and it crashed on 6

so it NEEDS be above a WEEK

with this the pop up pops when the days run down

i have tried adjusting the dates where most time there is a red x

i thought 6 would work but it also crashes

so set it to 10 then it should work

post-65-1184363437.gif

post-28381-1182231642.jpg

Edited by cootmaster