Sign in to follow this  
Markus Tarvonen

Ad-aware 2007 Free Automatic Update Function

Hello!

I´m new here, so maybe i ask stupid questions, forgive me :o :o Is there in Ad-Aware Free that kind automatic update function when started ad-aware it checks updates automaticly and it informs you that?? I don`t, or it`s not work like it should. It works fine when i hit update button manually and pop-up inform me if there is updates available... And log files don´t say anything about Automatic Updatings. Thank you and sorry my bad english :wub:

it used to in .12 .13 hopefully will be re added

TOBIAS

Settings > Auto Scans > Safety

check the option called 'Display update status dialog'

Regards, Tobias

try this

it pops on manual check not on start up i dont know

it says check on start up

Hi Jarod,

No, the free version does not have automatic updates. That feature is available in the paid version only. See the product comparison chart here:

http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/p...rison_chart.php

However, for the free version, you may use the webupdate to manually update your free Ad-Aware 2007 :)

However, for the free version, you may use the webupdate to manually update your free Ad-Aware 2007 :)

isnt .15 supposed to have that popup on start up we all asking bout this tobis hasnt responded yet

we set the popup to show but it seems only when u manual check isnt the popup check supposed be there on startup

Perhaps I'm confused by the question.

Do You mean this setting? (see image below) That one will only popup when you open Ad-Aware and it finds your definitions are out of date beyond what setting you have chosen.

post-65-1184363437.gif

For the free version, you will still need to get the update itself manually if updates are available.

By "on startup" I assumed the poster meant "on Windows startup" and the paid versions will do that I believe. Not the free version. Automatic updates when Ad-aware is set to startup with Windows is the "Automatic Threat updates" in the chart I was referring to :)

yup that it seems

if i set it to 3 days D*mn red x shows up and verify crashes

i guess i need keep 10

post-28381-1182231642.jpg

if i set your picture to 3 jane i get this

no i ment the statup of adaware 7

like how 12 13 used to pop up when it started

its anoying check manually any why do i get this w 3 days

Edited by cootmaster

Hi Jarod,

No, the free version does not have automatic updates. That feature is available in the paid version only. See the product comparison chart here:

http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/p...rison_chart.php

Thank you! Finally someone answered my question :D Now i waiting response those popup questions ;)

anyone know why i get that red x if i set days lower than 10

anyone know why i get that red x if i set days lower than 10

Maybe program thought that definitions are old? I have set it 6 days,works fine. Have you tried other like 5 or 8 day setting?

If i set it now 3 day,i get same red information box. ;)

thx i set to 6

works GREAT

i guess 3 confuses it

OMG thx for tip ill live w 5 ;)

odd it doesn't like 3 but likes 5 thats only 2 day difference

Edited by cootmaster

thx i set to 5

works GREAT

i guess 3 confuses it

OMG thx for tip ill live w 5 :D

odd it doesn't like 3 but likes 5 thats only 2 day difference

Hi!

Last update was 11.7.2007,3 days ago. I think that 17.7.2007 program thinks that definitios are old if there are not new update before that. You have now set it 5 days, and if it goes over that (11.7-17.7=over 5 days) it may show you again that red x information. I dont know but maybe..? ;)

h i!

Last update was 11.7.2007,3 days ago. I think that 17.7.2007 program thinks that definitios are old if there are not new update before that. You have now set it 5 days, and if it goes over that (11.7-17.7=over 5 days) it may show you again that red x information. I dont know but maybe..?

do u meen after 5 days ill get x again

unless i go to 10 days

Edited by cootmaster

actually i found out any day LESS then 6

crashes so it MUST BE 6 -10 or that warning pops up i tryed 5 and it crashes then set 6

it fixed it

oops i was wrong

you NEED it at 10

i just woke up and it crashed on 6

so it NEEDS be above a WEEK

Edited by cootmaster

Sign in to follow this