Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lavaman08

Trojan Warning....need Help To Remove

Guest Lavaman08

:rolleyes::o:o IT WORKED

;) The reboot was a success!!!!

Seems to be fine! ...Great Work=]

Guest Lavaman08

Hey listen...you were absolutely wonderful...tremendous if that describes it. Seemed like many problems arose and you kept knocking em' down =] . You were very helpful...it got a bit confusing as things continued to occur over again. But a nice observation on your part ...again ..THANKS a lot for your help I really appreciate!

Thanks Again!

- David

Guest Lavaman08
Sidenote...

The fact that your Windows XP is installed on a FAT32 machine is not uncommon for the cause of BSODs. When on FAT32, files may get easily corrupted > result in BSODs.

FAT is retained to maintain compability with non-NT machines. If you do not require this compability, do yourself a favor & convert to NTFS

If I were to convert to NTFS, would I lose all my Programs, Software, Documents etc.??

Edited by Lavaman08

No, because you are using the /convert command here and this doesn't delete your files.

Read here for more info; http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...p;x=13&y=15

However, I always recommend, before you convert, is to backup your important data anyway, because you never know.

Or, you can just leave it as it is now... There will be one day that you will decide to format and reinstall Windows anyway, so then you can Convert it.

Guest Lavaman08

To be honest with you ...I have a Pentium 4...purchased the computer sometime after 2000+. the PC only has 37GB on it. as it is now I struggle to free up even 1% of disk space. The PC runs kinda slow, maybe it's the RAM speed I'm not sure...but converting to NTFS wouldn't that speed up performance?

Thanks,

- David

Well, after removing McAfee, it should be a little faster now.

Anyway, don't forget to install an Antivirus again, because not having an Antivirus is suicidal in todays digital world.

the PC only has 37GB on it
Then I can imagine you don't need much to "fill" it. It's a known fact, the less free space, the slower your system.

I don't know about your RAM.. How much do you have? 256MB? 512MB? More.. ? Nowadays, systems require at least 512MB and even then it is sometimes not enough to run certain programs smoothly.

but converting to NTFS wouldn't that speed up performance?
For certain tasks it will be faster, for example, defragmenting will be a lot faster..

Let me quote what I have read:

I read that when there is not a lot of data on the drive FAT32 will be faster because the data is in smaller bits which the computer can easily assemble. Later as you have more data for the computer to assimilate in a program NTFS will be faster because more data is held in each data file on the hard drive so it will take less time to assemble what the program is asking for. NTFS is supposed to be a more stable file system.

Anyway, stories are different - a lot say that FAT32 is faster, others say that NTFS is faster.

One thing to keep in mind, you can easily convert from FAT32 to NTFS, but the other way around is a pain. I mean, once you converted from FAT32 to NTFS, there's no way back.

Just perform a google search for NTFS vs FAT32 to read opinions about system performance.

Anyway, for your computer performance, read this page and perform the steps: Help! My computer is slow!

This may already improve it a bit more.

Guest Lavaman08
Well, after removing McAfee, it should be a little faster now.

Anyway, don't forget to install an Antivirus again, because not having an Antivirus is suicidal in todays digital world.

Yes, I already installed Avira. Thanks for the recommendation.

I don't know about your RAM.. How much do you have? 256MB? 512MB? More.. ? Nowadays, systems require at least 512MB and even then it is sometimes not enough to run certain programs smoothly.

:D What were they thinking when they built this PC ...its got 128MB of RAM ..... :D ...I think my iPod has more then that=]

Guest Lavaman08

Lastly,

Should I remove all the programs we had installed; ComboFix, Deckard System Scanner including the .bat file we created, etc.

Thanks a lot. Really, you were tremendous. Thank You for all your help! Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks Again.

Regards,

- David

its got 128MB of RAM
Well, that explains the slow system. No doubt.

Yes, you may remove all the tools we have been using + the bat files etc you created :)

And you're welcome.

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.