Sign in to follow this  
wayne 1973

System Error 19811

I just installed adaware 07 pro last night, since then ALL my desktop short cuts dont work when i tried to run my av (avg pro) i keep getting the message could not initialize avg anti virus kernel interface application cannot run, as well as system error 19811 has occured cannot load graphics application terminates, all this started when i installed adaware.

iv now noticed all my program files are missing from my hard drive (only zone alarm left) which leaves me with NO anti virus or anti spyware.

im running xp pro , ati graphics card , amd 3200+ 64 bit processor, 2 gig ram

any help would be greatful!!!!!

Did you do anything with Ad-Aware 2007 (scanning, removing items, etc) or did the trouble occur directly after installation?

If you did do scans, please send us the scan log.

Are you running the 64 bit version of Windows XP?

Regards, Tobias

I removed two duplicates of your post.

Did you do anything with Ad-Aware 2007 (scanning, removing items, etc) or did the trouble occur directly after installation?

If you did do scans, please send us the scan log.

Are you running the 64 bit version of Windows XP?

Regards, Tobias

I removed two duplicates of your post.

hi there,

no trouble didnt start directly after install , i ran a full scan first ( came back all clear) , i would send you a log but the program files are missing from my drive along with the log .

im not running xp 64 bit, just normal xp pro

iv now managed to reinstall my avg pro but no change otherwise, i dont know if this makes any difference but when i installed adaware i put it on my d/ drive, does that matter?

iv now managed to reinstall my avg pro but no change otherwise, i dont know if this makes any difference but when i installed adaware i put it on my d/ drive, does that matter?

It shouldn't matter, no.

Regards, Tobias

iv checked some more on google about this and it seems a common problem with adaware 07, iv tried mailing lavasoft about this but didnt get any reply ( no surprise there then) they are happy to take your money but when you need help they ignore you, so i now have a 2 year licence for a program that wrecked my system.

the only programs that are currently working are the ones that are pre installed with windows ie: msn ,media player etc.

any other suggestions/solutions would be greatful!!

We do not igenore you. Support still has a back log but they answer all e-mails.

We are lookign into what may have caused the problem on your system.

Regards, Tobias

We do not igenore you. Support still has a back log but they answer all e-mails.

Regards, Tobias

Iv so far been waiting 2 days for an answer to this problem and to date lavasoft seem unwilling

to provide answers, i suppose if they provide answers they will be admitting they are at fault!

iv since found out that lavasoft knew of this problem 5 DAYS before i installed the program,

still nothing has been done

this link provides proof that lavasoft were aware this problem existed 5 days

before i installed the program

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/lofiversion...php/t10648.html

To anyone thinking of updating their se version to the new adaware 07 version i suggest you read the

attached link before you do it may just save your pc from the scrapheap.

Can you confirm that the registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007 are pointing to the directory where you installed Ad-Aware 2007?

Regards, Tobias

Can you confirm that the registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007 are pointing to the directory where you installed Ad-Aware 2007?

Regards, Tobias

no they dont because they ARE NOT IN MY SYSTEM NEITHER IS ADAWARE 07 like i said THERE ARE NO FILES OR KEYS LEFT

FOR ANY OF MY PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE.

i also tried to install a windows update yesterday (net framework 1.1 update ),

and recieved an error message saying cannot find path!

ive also tried to locate all my missing files/programs by letting windows search (start &search)and the message was WINDOWS CANNOT FIND THE SPECIFIED PATH.

ive also ran my disc fragmenter and i had 99% free space on d/drive , all it contained was my firewall, funny since the day before i installed adaware i only had 40% free !!

Sorry, that reply was meant as a suggested fix for the 19811 problem from the thread you referred to in your post.

Regards, Tobias

no they dont because they ARE NOT IN MY SYSTEM NEITHER IS ADAWARE 07 like i said THERE ARE NO FILES OR KEYS LEFT

FOR ANY OF MY PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE.

i also tried to install a windows update yesterday (net framework 1.1 update ),

and recieved an error message saying cannot find path!

ive also tried to locate all my missing files/programs by letting windows search (start &search)and the message was WINDOWS CANNOT FIND THE SPECIFIED PATH.

ive also ran my disc fragmenter and i had 99% free space on d/drive , all it contained was my firewall, funny since the day before i installed adaware i only had 40% free !!

NOT VERY HELPFUL

NOT VERY HELPFUL

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=10342

looks like im not the only one reporting that their system has been wiped, and the poster is having the same trouble as me trying to get an answer as to why adaware 07 can possibly wipe an entire hard drive

like me hes having trouble even getting anyone from lavasoft to supply a solution or even an answer,

thanks lavasoft, goes to show how much you value your paying customers!!

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=10342

looks like im not the only one reporting that their system has been wiped, and the poster is having the same trouble as me trying to get an answer as to why adaware 07 can possibly wipe an entire hard drive

like me hes having trouble even getting anyone from lavasoft to supply a solution or even an answer,

thanks lavasoft, goes to show how much you value your paying customers!!

well i take it you didnt like my reply its a simple problem adaware wiped a load of files , programmes, and every thing else it could get it nasty hands on. whats been done about it? nothing i told you in post that there is no trace of adaware and many other programmes!! what is so hard to understand?, cant get updates cant reinstall programmes i feel violated (robbed, done,ripped off,ignored,and made a fool of for trusting youre programme). At this moment i have bought new hard drive to reinstall my os (dont worry im keeping my old drive with everything that is LEFT ON IT) The next step to fix this problem is [email protected] hope they will be more willing to help than lavasoft has been, this system is now dead ie not worth trouble trying to fix, theres that many problems to fix.

IM NOT HAPPY AND I WILL NOT BE BRUSHED UNDER THE CARPET!!! THIS MUST BE SORTED I WANT MY £££ SPENT ON URE HALF BAKED PROGRAMME BACK AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL DO ABOUT MY LOSSES !! THAT IS IF I EVER GET A REPLY ONE THAT MAKES SENSE ANYWAY :unsure:

well i take it you didnt like my reply its a simple problem adaware wiped a load of files , programmes, and every thing else it could get it nasty hands on. whats been done about it? nothing i told you in post that there is no trace of adaware and many other programmes!! what is so hard to understand?, cant get updates cant reinstall programmes i feel violated (robbed, done,ripped off,ignored,and made a fool of for trusting youre programme). At this moment i have bought new hard drive to reinstall my os (dont worry im keeping my old drive with everything that is LEFT ON IT) The next step to fix this problem is [email protected] hope they will be more willing to help than lavasoft has been, this system is now dead ie not worth trouble trying to fix, theres that many problems to fix.

IM NOT HAPPY AND I WILL NOT BE BRUSHED UNDER THE CARPET!!! THIS MUST BE SORTED I WANT MY £££ SPENT ON URE HALF BAKED PROGRAMME BACK AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL DO ABOUT MY LOSSES !! THAT IS IF I EVER GET A REPLY ONE THAT MAKES SENSE ANYWAY :)

Ive now installed my new hard drive and os, (done by it expert) he informed me that the only reason adaware 07 didnt delete my firewall along with all my windows os was because zone alarm has a setting that prevents malware from maliciously deleting or stopping its processess.

zone alarm pro v7 firewall must consider adaware 07 to be malware.

i feel if i didmt have zone alarm installed adaware 07 may well have deleted my entire windows os , thankfully it stopped this .

MY OLD HARD DRIVE IS NOW SEALED IN A BUBBLE WRAPPED ENVELOPE!!!

STILL WAITING FOR LAVASOFT TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!!

NOT FOR MUCH LONGER THOUGH !!!!

Regards, Tobias

5 DAYS AFTER STARTING THIS POST IM STILL WAITING FOR ANSWERS FROM LAVASOFT AS TO WHY ADAWARE 07 CAN POSSIBLY WIPE AN ENTIRE HARD DRIVE

LOOKS LIKE IM HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAUSE IM NOT LEAVING TILL I GET ANSWERS!!

THE QUOTE YOU SEE ABOVE MST BE LAVASOFTS ATTEMPT AT HAVING A LAUGH!!

WELL IM NOT LAUGHING!!

I THINK I MAY JUST START POSTING LINKS TO MY THREAD ON THE NET AS WELL AS OTHER SECURITY FORUMS, IE: TOM COYOTE, SPYDOT S/D ETC IN THE HOPE THAT OTHER CUSTOMERS WONT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING THIS PIECE OF CR*P

SOFTWARE!!!!

Edited by wayne.s

5 DAYS AFTER STARTING THIS POST IM STILL WAITING FOR ANSWERS FROM LAVASOFT AS TO WHY ADAWARE 07 CAN POSSIBLY WIPE AN ENTIRE HARD DRIVE

LOOKS LIKE IM HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAUSE IM NOT LEAVING TILL I GET ANSWERS!!

THE QUOTE YOU SEE ABOVE MST BE LAVASOFTS ATTEMPT AT HAVING A LAUGH!!

WELL IM NOT LAUGHING!!

I THINK I MAY JUST START POSTING LINKS TO MY THREAD ON THE NET AS WELL AS OTHER SECURITY FORUMS, IE: TOM COYOTE, SPYDOT S/D ETC IN THE HOPE THAT OTHER CUSTOMERS WONT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING THIS PIECE OF CR*P

SOFTWARE!!!!

WELL IV EVENTUALLY GOT A REPLY FROM LAVASOFT VIA EMAIL,

BUT STILL GOT TO WAIT ANOTHER 4 DAYS BEFORE THEY GET BACK TO ME

SO WE'LL SEE

IM NOW GOING TO KEEP THIS POST ALIVE UNTIL I GET THAT REPLY.

WELL IV EVENTUALLY GOT A REPLY FROM LAVASOFT VIA EMAIL,

BUT STILL GOT TO WAIT ANOTHER 4 DAYS BEFORE THEY GET BACK TO ME

SO WE'LL SEE

IM NOW GOING TO KEEP THIS POST ALIVE UNTIL I GET THAT REPLY.

if theres any other adaware 07 pro users who are having the same trouble as me get in touch iv got some handy hints for you to FORCE lavasoft to take this problem seriously :rolleyes:

btw :

you can also check out my review on adaware 07 on the tom coyote forum under the heading adaware 07 do you trust it .

ill also be posting a statement on the spybot s/d forun very soon.. :unsure:

if theres any other adaware 07 pro users who are having the same trouble as me get in touch iv got some handy hints for you to FORCE lavasoft to take this problem seriously :)

btw :

you can also check out my review on adaware 07 on the tom coyote forum under the heading adaware 07 do you trust it .

ill also be posting a statement on the spybot s/d forun very soon.. :unsure:

HAD REPLY FROM LAVASOFT, THEY WERE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT ME USING LINKS IN MY THREAD RATHER THAN THE FACT THAT THEIR ADAWARE 07 KILLED MY SYSTEM,

SHOWS YOU WHAT LAVASOFT THINK OF THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS, AND WHERE THEIR PRIORITIES LIE

I WILL KEEP POSTING TO THIS TOPIC UNTIL LAVASOFT ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!!!!

I just installed adaware 07 pro last night, since then ALL my desktop short cuts dont work when i tried to run my av (avg pro) i keep getting the message could not initialize avg anti virus kernel interface application cannot run, as well as system error 19811 has occured cannot load graphics application terminates, all this started when i installed adaware.

iv now noticed all my program files are missing from my hard drive (only zone alarm left) which leaves me with NO anti virus or anti spyware.

im running xp pro , ati graphics card , amd 3200+ 64 bit processor, 2 gig ram

any help would be greatful!!!!!

The error 19811 comes when ad-aware or ad-watch is trying to access the skin files, but fails.

Reading all your posts suggests that you have had some kind of permission issues. If that comes from the security programs you have installed before, from the OS it self or from somwehere else, is difficult to say, since we have not yet been able to replicate your problem. We do keep trying.

Regards, Zac

The error 19811 comes when ad-aware or ad-watch is trying to access the skin files, but fails.

Reading all your posts suggests that you have had some kind of permission issues. If that comes from the security programs you have installed before, from the OS it self or from somwehere else, is difficult to say, since we have not yet been able to replicate your problem. We do keep trying.

Regards, Zac

THAT SOUNDS LIKE PASSING THE BUCK TOO ME, MY OTHER SECURITY PROGRAMS ARE

ZONE ALARM PRO V7 FIREWALL ( BEEN USING FOR 2 YEARS)

SPYBOT S/D ( BEEN USING FOR 3 YEARS)

AVG PRO ANTI VIRUS (BEEN USING FOR 2 YEARS)

ADAWARE 07 (USED FOR 1 DAY )

THEN MY HARD DRIVE WAS WIPED

WHAT DOES THAT TELL ME ? ADAWARE 07 WAS THE CAUSE! NOT THE OTHER PROGRAMS

THESE OTHER PROGRAMS HAVE PROVED TO BE EFFECTIVE AND RELIABLE, UNLIKE ADAWARE

IM THE ONLY USER OF THIS SYSTEM SO IM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SO ISSUES ABOUT PERMISSION DOESNT EVEN "COMPUTE"

THE FACTS ARE THIS :

1, INSTALLED ADAWARE 07

2 , HARD DRIVE WIPED

3, THE END

EASY ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND ISNT IT?

THAT SOUNDS LIKE PASSING THE BUCK TOO ME, MY OTHER SECURITY PROGRAMS ARE

ZONE ALARM PRO V7 FIREWALL ( BEEN USING FOR 2 YEARS)

SPYBOT S/D ( BEEN USING FOR 3 YEARS)

AVG PRO ANTI VIRUS (BEEN USING FOR 2 YEARS)

ADAWARE 07 (USED FOR 1 DAY )

THEN MY HARD DRIVE WAS WIPED

WHAT DOES THAT TELL ME ? ADAWARE 07 WAS THE CAUSE! NOT THE OTHER PROGRAMS

THESE OTHER PROGRAMS HAVE PROVED TO BE EFFECTIVE AND RELIABLE, UNLIKE ADAWARE

IM THE ONLY USER OF THIS SYSTEM SO IM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SO ISSUES ABOUT PERMISSION DOESNT EVEN "COMPUTE"

THE FACTS ARE THIS :

1, INSTALLED ADAWARE 07

2 , HARD DRIVE WIPED

3, THE END

EASY ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND ISNT IT?

OH WELL MAYBE WASN'T EASY FOR ZAC TO UNDERSTAND AFTER ALL ,HENCE NO REPLY BUT IM GETTING USED TO THAT !!!!

As a member of the Lavasoft Beta Team, we have the right, when we feel is necessary, to edit posts. We do not tolerate any BIG WRITING, RED WORDS, or sings of bashing Lavasoft. Please read the site rules.

By editing this persons post doesn,t that just prove the fact that lavasoft are only willing to hear praise and not critisism about their products and customer support.

you have to address the issues of your PAYING customers, history shows that companies who ignore their customers dont last very long in business .

It looks like lavasoft are heading that way because all iv read on this forum is customers either complaining about their products or complaining they are being ignored. :):unsure:

We are trying to keep the forum clean. There is a place in the forum for rants. We are working hard to address everyone's problems. The Lavasoft team is working on fixes and a new release soon should fix many of them.

We are trying to keep the forum clean. There is a place in the forum for rants. We are working hard to address everyone's problems. The Lavasoft team is working on fixes and a new release soon should fix many of them.

Yes i agree the forum should be kept clean , but it seems to me that customers are being made to wait for fixes for their systems, when these problems should have been reported by the beta testers,

now no one want abusive language on the forum , but lavasoft must also understand that customers are getting very angry because they are not getting any answers as to why these problems are not being addressed.

i myself have been waiting since the 8/7/07 for answers as to why adaware 07 pro wiped my hard drive and no one has given any, thats very frustrating,

the new fix that lavasoft are working on wont affect me because i didnt reinstall it when i installed my new hard drive but i would still like answers as to what happened!

Sign in to follow this