Sign in to follow this  
wayne 1973

System Error 19811

I understand what you are saying. The problems that are happening now were reported by us in the Beta Testing. Some are also new bugs. Lavasoft is working on them. Hang in there.

I understand what you are saying. The problems that are happening now were reported by us in the Beta Testing. Some are also new bugs. Lavasoft is working on them. Hang in there.

If these problems were reported by the beta testers then why did lavasoft not delay the release date of the new 07 version?

this program wasted all my software, im not an expert on this issue but that seems to be a BIG problem in my view.

If these problems were reported by the beta testers then why did lavasoft not delay the release date of the new 07 version?

this program wasted all my software, im not an expert on this issue but that seems to be a BIG problem in my view.

Your specific problem was not reported during the beta phase and we do regard it as a big problem as well.

We have not been able to reproduce it, but we are still working on it.

Regards, Tobias

EDIT: The first sentence above suffers from bad grammar, and should say:

Your specific problem was not reported during the beta phase. We do regard it as a big problem, however and continue to investigate what have caused it to happen.

Your specific problem was not reported during the beta phase and we do regard it as a big problem as well.

We have not been able to reproduce it, but we are still working on it.

Regards, Tobias

hi tobias

im astonished at the attitude of lavasoft,

my entire hard drive was wiped and its not regarded as a big problem,iv lost wedding videos and photos, and lots of personel items, baby pics etc, and lavasoft dont consider that a big problem if thats not a big problem then what is ?

and to answer your previous post YES i have requested a refund as i do not trust this program enough to reinstall it into my system.

i also find it very amusing that lavasoft cant replicate my problems, well my hard drive is sealed in a bubble wrapped envelope so maybe when i send it away for analysis then we'll find out that YOUR program did do this damage, it means nothing that my problem wasn't reported during testing as lavasoft still released a faulty product on to the uk market , you do realise this is illegal in the uk and the eu for that matter !

and just because lavasoft cant replicate the problems iv had doesnt mean they didnt happen THEY DID and it was caused by adaware 07, i agree with the previous poster (painintheass) you cant bury your heads in the sand hoping all will come good in the long run because if i dont get my full refund i WILL report this matter to the uk authorities and also to konsumenteuropa.se.

it seems like thats the only way to make lavasoft listen to their customers!

Edited by wayne.s

Assuming that you have submitted a refund request through the proper channels it should only take a couple of days once your request is processed.

Regards, Tobias

i submitted my refund request yesterday 16/7/07 (pasted below), can i now expect a full refund by tomorrow 18/7/07?

> Dear Sir

>

> We are sorry for the troubles you have had with the software and the

> late response.

> This is due to the large amount of support questions that we are

> experiencing since the release of Ad-Aware 2007.

>

> We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

>

> The error 19811 is caused by a erroneous skin file.

> To resolve this issue, please uninstall the program and download the

> latest installation file from the support center and reinstall the

> software.

>

> You can download the latest installation package by logging in to the

> support center at the link below:

> http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

>

> Then simply click "Product Downloads" on the left hand side.

>

> You can receive a password reminder here;

> http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcen...st_password.php

>

> If you cannot retrieve the file by this method please try this link:

> http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/3000...tml?tag=lst-0-1

>

> After you have restarted the program also perform a webupdate to install

> any recent updates, select 'Web Update' in the left menu and clicking

> the 'Update' button. Download the updates and restart Ad-Aware and

> Ad-Watch.

>

> ***

>

> If you are not satisfied with the product and the support you are

> entitled to a refund.

>

> Please respond to this email address if you want a refund and we will

> process your refund immideately.

>

> Kind regards,

> Jona, Lavasoft Support

>

>

>

>> Subject: error 19811 with adaware 07

>> Program: Ad-Aware 2007 Pro

>> Version:

>> Operating System: Windows XP

>>

>> Description

>> ---------------------------------------------------------------

>> Ive been waiting for lavasoft to reply to my forum post for 2DAYS now.

>> Your adaware 07 wiped ALL my software from my hard drive, why am i not

>> getting answers as to why your program has done this?

>> i purchased a 2 year licience for this program and all it has done is

>> screw up my system! lavasoft seem very keen to take peoples money ,yet

>> if you have a problem they dont want to know! am i going to recieve a

>> refund?

>> iv recently been in contact with tobias (no help) who told me lavasoft

>> were working on the problem. well i read a post on YOUR forum dated

>> 2/7/07 from customers reporting the same problem as i now have i didnt

>> install adaware 07 until the 8/7/07, 6DAYS AFTER THIS PROBLEM WAS HIGH

>> LIGHTED, WHY WASNT IT FIXED IN THAT TIME? WHY ARE CUSTOMERS BEING

>> ALLOWED TO INSTALL THIS PROGRAM WHILE IT CLEARLY CONTAINS BUGS?

>> ISNT THAT WHAT BETA TESTERS ARE FOR ?

>> I will not let this matter rest, i will IF REQUIRED post my views on

>> this program on EVERY SECURITY FORUM ON THE WEB,if i recieve no help

>> from lavasoft.

>> i will aslo IF REQUIRED contact the relevant authorities in the uk, to

>> make a formal complaint about lavasoft selling inferior products on the

>> uk market.

>> I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

Hello

to answer your question YES i would like a refund immideately.

i now do not trust this program enough to reinstall it, but apart from my

2 YEAR LICENCE refund what are lavasoft going to do as regards to

compensating me for the loss of wedding videos and photos,baby pictures

etc?

which are now all gone!

thanks

hope to hear from you soon

that seem clear enough to me, so can i expect my refund tomorrow ?18/7/07

OH WELL MAYBE WASN'T EASY FOR ZAC TO UNDERSTAND AFTER ALL ,HENCE NO REPLY BUT IM GETTING USED TO THAT !!!!

well submitted my refund request and not heard anything since,

why am i not surprised? :angry:

hi tobias

im astonished at the attitude of lavasoft,

my entire hard drive was wiped and its not regarded as a big problem,iv lost wedding videos and photos, and lots of personel items, baby pics etc, and lavasoft dont consider that a big problem if thats not a big problem then what is ?

I can see how my unfortunate phrasing in the last post may have given you the impression that we do not think of this as a big problem - but I can assure you that we do. And as I said, we ontinue to investigate it.

Regards, Tobias

I can see how my unfortunate phrasing in the last post may have given you the impression that we do not think of this as a big problem - but I can assure you that we do. And as I said, we ontinue to investigate it.

Regards, Tobias

that still hasn't addressed my question of a refund?

iv so far recieved 2 emails from customer support and twice iv requested my refund , (will post them if required ) why am i still waiting?

iv quoted you in my previous post stating CLEARLY that a refund should be processed in 2 days, so again, why am i still waiting?

i posted on this forum on the 9/7/07 thats 8 days and still im waiting.

not for that much longer though !

Edited by wayne.s

that still hasn't addressed my question of a refund?

iv so far recieved 2 emails from customer support and twice iv requested my refund , (will post them if required ) why am i still waiting?

iv quoted you in my previous post stating CLEARLY that a refund should be processed in 2 days, so again, why am i still waiting?

i posted on this forum on the 9/7/07 thats 8 days and still im waiting.

not for that much longer though !

I believe I wrote it should take a couple of days once the request is processed.

I am not processing the refund requests and can therefore not give you an exact time when you will get your money.

We honor our refund policy and you will get your money.

Regards, Tobias

I believe I wrote it should take a couple of days once the request is processed.

I am not processing the refund requests and can therefore not give you an exact time when you will get your money.

We honor our refund policy and you will get your money.

Regards, Tobias

ok.

well can you give me a rough estimate as to how long it takes to process this refund? (1day, 10days, 30days)

how long has it previously taken for this to happen ?

Edited by wayne.s

Hello wayne.s,

I have merged your multiple topics posted into this forum so that they are all now in this thread.

Everyone has been trying to assist you, but it appears that you are also posting in multiple security forums under various names and using multiple products and following other removal advices - so it remains nearly impossible to determine where the problem lies.

As noted above by a couple of LS staff trying to help you, you really need to direct your inquiries to the Support Center.

I think we've done all we can do here because of the many things you have been doing here and elsewhere with the program, we can't pinpoint exactly what may have caused the problems you are having.

Based upon some previous posts in other forums, it is possible this computer was infected not too long ago and you were pursing removal methods elsewhere?

This is you (exactly same copy as you have written in this forum):

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Adaware_07_Trust_t81256.html <--posted by hfc175

And another forum:

{this one is just a duplicate of what you have already posted here}

new adaware 07 trustworthy or not ?

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=104888

More at TomCoyote forums:

Ive Been Hacked Please Help! <--posted by hfc175

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Ive_Been_Hacked_Help_t80172.html <--posted by hfc175

Jun 9 2007, 07:43 AM

hi ,

i think iv been hacked , i recieved an email from a company i do online shopping with , they told me their database had been hacked and all their email addresses and passwords had been stolen, since then (2days ago) ive found 2 trojans,1 adware and had to reinstall my ie 7 after 14 browser highjack attempts, just finished doing panda scan its highlighted 2 hacking tool/ rootkits but has nt removed them unsure.gif , ive also just noticed i cant get access to my emails (despite me changing all the passwords). iv allready ran spybot,adaware,super antispyware and spyware doctor

but they found nothing.

ran avg as in safe mode last night and found (adware.rogue suspect) item but noting else. please help blink.gif blink.gif

hjt log and panda log below

And another:

Jun 6 2007, 04:24 AM

Hjt Log Help <--posted by hfc175

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Hjt_Log_Help_t80080.html

iv just found and managed to quarentine 9 different cws infections mad.gif , but dont think iv caught them all ,

when i ran pc tools spyware doctor it didnt find any other infections or threats but auto generated an exception report when the scan was finished, can someone please take a look at my log and tell me if im now all clear... thank in advance thumbup.gif

hjt log below

ANd all these, including some of the same questions posted here and answered. But posting the same problems and questions in numerous forums you are getting multiple answers and I'm not sure what advice you have followed.

Apr 24 2007, 01:15 PM

Possible Virus?

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Possible_Virus_t78770.html

Help With Ad Aware Log <--posted by hfc175

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Help_Ad_Aware_Log_t78341.html

Help With F2 - Reg:system.ini: Shell=

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Help_F2_Reg_sy...ell_t78276.html

What Is Regfile\shell\open\command Notepad.exe %1

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ic=8696&hl=

All of the above is simply meant to show that because you are using multiple products and multiple problems in different forums and places, we simply cannot follow what exactly has caused the problems you experienced and reported. If you need to seek a refund or technical assistance with the paid product of Ad-Aware 2007, please pusue that via the Support Center at this point. The forums here are for discussion and questions between Ad-Aware users and sometimes LS staff can pitch in and answer questions - however, for technical assistance such as you need with the paid product, use the Support Center so they can track your requests.

Hello wayne.s,

I have merged your multiple topics posted into this forum so that they are all now in this thread.

Everyone has been trying to assist you, but it appears that you are also posting in multiple security forums under various names and using multiple products and following other removal advices - so it remains nearly impossible to determine where the problem lies.

As noted above by a couple of LS staff trying to help you, you really need to direct your inquiries to the Support Center.

I think we've done all we can do here because of the many things you have been doing here and elsewhere with the program, we can't pinpoint exactly what may have caused the problems you are having.

Based upon some previous posts in other forums, it is possible this computer was infected not too long ago and you were pursing removal methods elsewhere?

This is you (exactly same copy as you have written in this forum):

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Adaware_07_Trust_t81256.html <--posted by hfc175

And another forum:

{this one is just a duplicate of what you have already posted here}

new adaware 07 trustworthy or not ?

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=104888

More at TomCoyote forums:

And another:

ANd all these, including some of the same questions posted here and answered. But posting the same problems and questions in numerous forums you are getting multiple answers and I'm not sure what advice you have followed.

Apr 24 2007, 01:15 PM

Possible Virus?

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Possible_Virus_t78770.html

Help With Ad Aware Log <--posted by hfc175

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Help_Ad_Aware_Log_t78341.html

Help With F2 - Reg:system.ini: Shell=

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Help_F2_Reg_sy...ell_t78276.html

What Is Regfile\shell\open\command Notepad.exe %1

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ic=8696&hl=

All of the above is simply meant to show that because you are using multiple products and multiple problems in different forums and places, we simply cannot follow what exactly has caused the problems you experienced and reported. If you need to seek a refund or technical assistance with the paid product of Ad-Aware 2007, please pusue that via the Support Center at this point. The forums here are for discussion and questions between Ad-Aware users and sometimes LS staff can pitch in and answer questions - however, for technical assistance such as you need with the paid product, use the Support Center so they can track your requests.

thanks for the reply

but if you look a little further you'll see that not a lot of help was given on any of these topics , the reason im still posting on this thread is because iv sent 6 emails to lavasoft to request a refund , so far iv had 2 replies , the first 1 told me that the peson was out of the office, the second asking if i wanted a refund, i previously requested a refund 6 times,

the reason for the multiple names is that iv changed emails recently (not that i have to explain)

What Is Regfile\shell\open\command Notepad.exe %1, this topic was replyed to by yourself (if my memory is correct)so you should know the subject.

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Possible_Virus_t78770.html] this link was regarding the same problem.

and if continue to read you will see i didnt recieve any help.

I dont see how going over previous logs dating back several months has anything to do with this problem?

which only occured after running a full scan with adaware 07 (all clear for the record)

its clear lavasoft dont know what has caused this to happen, but i can assure you my system is NOT infacted with malware iv listed the programs i use ,all well respected (im sure you'll agree), also when i run my scans i run them in safe mode and regularly use panda active scan.

the reason im posting here is down to the lack of support from lavasoft, i dont want to waste anyones time , but what else am i supposed to do when they wont reply?

if you were in my position would you be very happy ?

would you be doing the same as me ?

i think you would.

if support were more helpful then i wouldnt need to post here.

and for the record iv still not had a reply to my refund request.

ps.

the posts on the other forums are NOT request for help, they were my review of adaware 07, am i not entitled to my opinion on a program i purchased?

if you read the other forums youll see iv told anyone who reads it to make up their own minds on it, thats not a request for help.

ok update for new info.

the links you provided

possible virus link 0 replies (clean log)

adaware log link 0 replies

reg shell system ini link 1 reply (problem fixed 8/4/07)

notpad.exe link 1 reply (calamity jane ) 2/5/07 log clean (highjack log looks fine) (looks like iv set the default reg that way )

hacked please help 0 replies

hjt log cws found 0 replies

hope this clears up the confusion about recieving fixes from other people/forums.

Edited by wayne.s

Due to the numerous problems being reported back in June at the other forums:

i think iv been hacked , i recieved an email from a company i do online shopping with , they told me their database had been hacked and all their email addresses and passwords had been stolen, since then (2days ago) ive found 2 trojans,1 adware and had to reinstall my ie 7 after 14 browser highjack attempts, just finished doing panda scan its highlighted 2 hacking tool/ rootkits but has nt removed them unsure.gif , ive also just noticed i cant get access to my emails (despite me changing all the passwords). iv allready ran spybot,adaware,super antispyware and spyware doctor

but they found nothing.

ran avg as in safe mode last night and found (adware.rogue suspect) item but noting else. please help blink.gif blink.gif

hjt log and panda log below

I can't exactly tell what happened with the PC and what "trojans" you removed but the two items you posted there from the Panda Scan logs are not malware and my whole point is that posting all over the internet - and numerous topics here we can't possibly find exactly what went wrong or where.

As for the refund request, that is simply something we cannot process here in the forums and the Support Center is really the only way to go with that. So it is impossible to answer questions on refund request here in this thread. If you have sent 6 separate requests, you must be in the system there somewhere, but due to duplication of requests it may slow things down. I can only speculate as we do not have access to that system from here.

Folks have been trying to help you - I did not want you to think you were being ignored but we simply could not follow all the different topics being posted everywhere. At this point, with a refund request in the works it rather limits the point of pursing this thread here further.

Due to the numerous problems being reported back in June at the other forums:

I can't exactly tell what happened with the PC and what "trojans" you removed but the two items you posted there from the Panda Scan logs are not malware and my whole point is that posting all over the internet - and numerous topics here we can't possibly find exactly what went wrong or where.

As for the refund request, that is simply something we cannot process here in the forums and the Support Center is really the only way to go with that. So it is impossible to answer questions on refund request here in this thread. If you have sent 6 separate requests, you must be in the system there somewhere, but due to duplication of requests it may slow things down. I can only speculate as we do not have access to that system from here.

Folks have been trying to help you - I did not want you to think you were being ignored but we simply could not follow all the different topics being posted everywhere. At this point, with a refund request in the works it rather limits the point of pursing this thread here further.

hello again

i take it lavasoft have given up trying to find out what happened to my system ?

We are investigating the reports of this same problem, however, in your case you had so many issues going at once, I can't get any information from you that will help us pinpoint what caused the error.

It's always best to shut down other security programs, except the one you are currently using to scan, when scanning for malware so that conflicts between programs do not occur. Also those reports posted at Tom Coyote Forums did not give any specific info about the other infections found at that time.

In your case, it's hard to diagnose what may have caused the problem. I can't tell if you had pre-existing malware problems (sounds like you did) or a conflict in security scanners or just a malfunction in Ad-Aware itself because that particular problem was never reported during the numerous months of beta testing (with over 300,000 beta testers) nor have our development staff been able to reproduce the problem you described.

Sign in to follow this