Sign in to follow this  
sabarnett

Scheduled Scans

AAW2007 Plus ran a scheduled scan at 12:00 today, exactly as I asked it to. Problem is, I have no idea what it did as I have no idea of how to see the 'results' of the scan.

I'm used to the scheduled scans with AVG Anti-Spyware where I can popup the user interface to see what's happening and where, at the end of the scan AVG pops up the scan results for me to deal with. From what I can see Ad-Aware 'ran a scan' and 'did something (or maybe didn't)' and I've been left completely in the dark as to what might of happened.

Have I missed a setting somewhere that lets me in on the secret of what happened during my scan, or am I reduced to scanning the lot again manually, making the scheduled scan utterly useless.

Thanks

Steve

Have I missed a setting somewhere that lets me in on the secret of what happened during my scan, or am I reduced to scanning the lot again manually, making the scheduled scan utterly useless.

Guess I'll take it then that it's utterly useless. Think I'll try counterspy - at least they support their users.

Under Settings > Auto Scans >System make sure that the 'Automatically remove infection with TAI higher than' is set to 2 or lower.

EDIT: In order not to remove something you want to keep, make sure to check the Setting 'Quarantine objects prior to removal', which is found under 'Safety' on the 'Auto Scans' tab.

The scheduled scan does not remove Tracking Cookies from browsers that are running during the scan.

Regards, Tobias

I am also frustrated with my inability to see the results of a scheduled scan. Equally annoying: have you tried to change, delete stop or view the progress of a scheduled scan? All are impossible.

Like you, I use AVG Anti-spyware and find its interface during and after scans to be ideal. I also use Counterspy, though it seems to find less thatn AVG. My old Ad-Aware SE found cookies that neither AVG nor Counterspy picked up, and I suppose that's why I'm holding out hope that Lavasoft will eventually return to that standard with AAW 2007.

Under Settings > Auto Scans >System make sure that the 'Automatically remove infection with TAI higher than' is set to 2 or lower.

Isn't that kind of like having an automatic 'shoot yourself in the head' option on a gun? Put it on a shelf and once a week it randomly fires off a shot that may (or may not) hit you.

Steve

Isn't that kind of like having an automatic 'shoot yourself in the head' option on a gun? Put it on a shelf and once a week it randomly fires off a shot that may (or may not) hit you.

Steve

You should of course have the 'Quarantine objects prior to removal' option checked. I add that information to my post above.

We will add the ability to stop scheduled scan in an upcoming update.

Regards, Tobias

Sign in to follow this