Sign in to follow this  
TomMattix

Service Error 6000

For Version 7.0.1.4. During a scan, I continually receive the alert: "Service Error:6000 has occurred. Lost connection with Ad-Aaware. Terminating gracefully" during the scan. What is the fix? Thank you.

For Version 7.0.1.4. During a scan, I continually receive the alert: "Service Error:6000 has occurred. Lost connection with Ad-Aaware. Terminating gracefully" during the scan. What is the fix? Thank you.

I am having the exact same problem!! It will run for maybe 5 to 10 minutes, then I receive that same message.

Please help!!!

The 6000 error can be caused by a few different things. In order to answer your support questions about it, we need to know a few things:

First of all, make sure that you are running the latest version of the software. It is currently 7.0.1.5

Then, if you still have this problem:

- What section is scanned when the error appears?

- What version of Windows do you have?

- What other security software are you running?

Regards, Tobias

The 6000 error can be caused by a few different things. In order to answer your support questions about it, we need to know a few things:

First of all, make sure that you are running the latest version of the software. It is currently 7.0.1.5

Regards, Tobias

I downloaded 7.0.1.5 and then ran the scan again w/ the same results.

The problem occurs when:

Section: Scanning registry

Object: Preparing GUID scanning

Windows XP Home

Running Norton SystemWorks

Regards, Tobias

I am on version 7.0.1.5

I left Ad-Aware 2007 sitting idle at a completed scan when I hibernated the laptop last night. Another user resumed it this morning, but I doubt that she did anything with the Ad-Aware screen (she is not here to ask at the moment). I found the 6000 error screen when I cleared the screen saver. The error is a pretty anonymous, threatening-looking thing..... I found the source of the error with a Google search - the source of the error was not immediately obvious to me in my just-awakened state.

Runnng Windows XP Pro

Running Clam AV

For Tobias:

Your last post indicated that you were looking into the issue. Have you found a fix to this issue which looks as tho it is fairly wide-spread?

Thanks.

I'm using the latest version, updated today, 7015. Both times I ran a scan the 6000 error came up, about twenty minutes in to a full scan.

I don't know where the program was in scan process.

I run Windows XP, SP2.

This programming is fast becoming damned annoying, if not downright useless.

Maybe you might explain why it thinks it needs to be in contact with what is apparently your server in order to scan my machine? That seems like an invitation to trouble.

And maybe you might fix this error without introducing another one?

Service Error 6000 problem

I'm running 7.0.1.5 on XP SP2 (version 2002 media center edition) and I'm running Symantec Antivirus. I can complete a full scan but this service error hangs up the software when I try to remove the cookies in the Scan results screen.

Regards, Tobias

I am having the same problem....I just downloaded it.....it finally went through the full scan...but when I tried to remove the cookies, I got the Service error 6000. I am on Windows XP.

First of all, make sure that you are running the latest version of the software. I am currently using 7.0.1.5

- What section is scanned when the error appears? nothing i try to start scan,right after (maybe 2 seconds) it comes up says send error report then says service error 6000. I try and try to run again then it says another user has application open but im the only person that uses the laptop?????????

- What version of Windows do you have? Windows XP , i have internet exploror 7

- What other security software are you running? I dont think any i deleted nortons,is there somewhere other then add and remove programs i need to look?

I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS WILL HAPPEN IF I BUT THE PRO???? CAUSE I DONT WANT TO PAY ALL THAT MONEY FOR IT TO SCREW UP?? YEA KNOW

Edited by shyri1987

I am using 7.0.1.6 with Windows XP SP2 and I am having the same service error 6000!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone help?

Edited by CATOLEDO

Use a UPS so that a "blimp" in your connection won't cause you to disconnect from these types of programs.

How does a computer's uninterruptible power supply (UPS) work? = http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question28.htm

Edited by LS CalamityJane
Removed .bmp too large and not needed

Just downloaded 7.0.1.6/installed/saw this same 6000 error, after a request for my registration code. Also had the software appear to crash 2-3 times ("encountered a problem and needs to close...")

I uninstalled/redownloaded/reinstalled and again had an immediate 6000 error, again accompanied by a request for my registration number--but...it's freeware, right?!

No perceptible "run" occurred; this was, on all occasions, immediate.

Running XPpro, FF2.0.0.6

--pants

Wow, looks like the old version was far superior. I get the same error, just updated today. So I thought maybe it was an install problem, so I tried to uninstall/re-install. Now Win says can't find uninstall files. lol. Can someone "competent" from lavasoft tell me how to unistall? Thanks..I guess.

Jim

I have the same problem and after running thier fix, it's still unresolved!!!!

Lavasoft? change your name to LemonSoft!

Here is there last letter to me from 8/15/07

Dear Customer

In the latest software update there is a bugfix for some of the

instances of the

6000 error.

Please, perform a webupdate to install any recent updates, select 'Web

Update'

in the left menu and clicking the 'Update' button.

Download the software updates and restart Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch.

If it does not resolve your issue please write back and we will try to

provide

an alternate solution.

Also, please include as much information as possible about the issue,

regarding

OS, other security softwares etc and with screen shots to assist us in

diagnosing the problem.

We apologize for the late reply, we had more interest in our new product

than

expected, it has slowed down our response time, which is usually 24

hours, we

are working on addressing the issue.

Kind regards,

Lavasoft Support Team

> Subject: Full Scan Abends

> Program: Ad-Aware 2007 Plus

> Version: 7.0.1.6

> Operating System: Windows XP

>

> Description

> ---------------------------------------------------------------

> Hello,

>

> I have my new copy of AdAware 2007 installes now with full updates and it worked great untill 3 days ago. When ever I run a full scan it abends with code 6000. Message states that it has lost connection with the Lavasoft server and will shutdown gracefully.

> The ISP cennection is not broken and runs fine. This happens within 30 min of scanning

>

> My P/C is a Dell with WinXP. I use a modem conection. My ISP is Earthlink. I run a licenced, daily updated,and maintaned copy of McAfee VSE 7.1.0

>

> What can I do to fix this? Can you explain it and help?

>

> Thank you,

>

"...we had more interest in our new product than expected..." sounds like code for "recent releases have been as buggy as hell...," since "interest" in software that IS problem-free doesn't require the attention of tech support! Anyone know if definitions can be updated on older versions?

Doesn't look good when no one can even monitor the forum...

--pants

Same problems for me, in any mode error 6000 pops up about 10-15 into the scan. I run Windows Vista Basic, and my anti-virus is AVG free.

will the last one here, please turn out the lights?

Do NOT "turn out the lights" until we get an answer to this Error 6000 question.

I have AD-Aware2007 (free one) v7.0.16

Definitions: 16.000000 of 14Aug07

WinXP SP2

ZoneAlarm (free one), Ad-Aware2007 components ARE allowed internet access, but

"aawservice.exe" is NOT allowed internet Server access

No Ad-Aware port settings made in router

I get Error 6000 after 2-4 minutes while Quick Scanning the Registry / GUID

What's the fix? ;)

Looks like there is NO FIX. I haven't heard from them in a while.

At least you didn't pay for it. I can't even get a refund from them. :(

Edited by buta

I am very frustrated by this, as I tried to install AdAware 2007 Free on a new computer, so I can't just go back and re-install the old version. I have always appreciated this company and the service it provides, and am sad to see that they have been ignoring this issue, as it is obviously widespread. The least they could do is acknowledge the problems we are all having, and tell us what they are trying to do about it!

I receive the same error, 6000, and have Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2, with McAfee, and have a wireless connection at my work. I just downloaded and installed the program today, and have a fully updated version (according to WebUpdate).

Is there anything we can do to fix this problem, or anywhere I can download the old version until this is corrected???

Sign in to follow this