Sign in to follow this  
buckeyewally

Registration Problems Still Unresolved After Many Tries!

I purchased Adaware back in Feb. of this year, and when it came time to upgradse to the new 2007, it wouldn't. I contacted support (which by the way they responded within a day), they gave me a distinct serial number in insert, which I did and it didn't work. Yes, I did type it in!! After this didn't work, I wrote back, and they responded well again and said they needed to give me a a key number,if I gave them the thumb print of the currrent version that I have on my computer. I kind of understood that because my original one was gone because I got a different computer. I tried the new "un-lock" key and it still didn't work!! I wrote back and said it didn't work, and guess what..NO RESPONSE......it has been over a week and a half, and I submitted several e-mails, but still no response. I guess after trying a few things, they kind of "gave-up"!!

Then,I saw this forum and thought that I would at least have someone from Lavasoft read this and help, guess what...even though my original registration went through, and I had a valid password and name, I couldn't post, becasue I didn't receive a link to get into a forum. I had to retry the second time, and use another e-mail and finally I got registered. WHAT IS GOING ON THERE..... Can someone from Lavasoft help me???? Suggestions from anyone..............................!!!!

Forgive the spelling errors.....too early in the morning and too frusterated....!!!

Edited by buckeyewally

I purchased Adaware back in Feb. of this year, and when it came time to upgradse to the new 2007, it wouldn't. I contacted support (which by the way they responded within a day), they gave me a distinct serial number in insert, which I did and it didn't work. Yes, I did type it in!! After this didn't work, I wrote back, and they responded well again and said they needed to give me a a key number,if I gave them the thumb print of the currrent version that I have on my computer. I kind of understood that because my original one was gone because I got a different computer. I tried the new "un-lock" key and it still didn't work!! I wrote back and said it didn't work, and guess what..NO RESPONSE......it has been over a week and a half, and I submitted several e-mails, but still no response. I guess after trying a few things, they kind of "gave-up"!!

Then,I saw this forum and thought that I would at least have someone from Lavasoft read this and help, guess what...even though my original registration went through, and I had a valid password and name, I couldn't post, becasue I didn't receive a link to get into a forum. I had to retry the second time, and use another e-mail and finally I got registered. WHAT IS GOING ON THERE..... Can someone from Lavasoft help me???? Suggestions from anyone..............................!!!!

Forgive the spelling errors.....too early in the morning and too frusterated....!!!

Buck,

I purchased the upgrade and have not been able to open the program, The backup disk arrived broken. Each time I down load the program to either run or replace the existing it gives me and error 6000 and closes the program even before I have a chance to enter a reistration number.

I have contacted LAVASOFt three times and they can not give a defininative answer as to how to fix the problem.

I am tired ot trying to get this problem resolved. I am ready to call it quits

Spencewr

Buck,

I purchased the upgrade and have not been able to open the program, The backup disk arrived broken. Each time I down load the program to either run or replace the existing it gives me and error 6000 and closes the program even before I have a chance to enter a reistration number.

I have contacted LAVASOFt three times and they can not give a defininative answer as to how to fix the problem.

I am tired ot trying to get this problem resolved. I am ready to call it quits

Spencewr

abic:: I share your thoughts.....don't know what else to do...I even sent a message to "Tobias", who has handled a lot of these problems, but so far no answer....just might have to loose a few bucks and search for something else...thoughts on ewhat might be as good as adaware???

alot of times if you have some software storage drivers installed, like ones that come with asus motherboards for ide or sata, they will cause problems with installation of some software applications. also application accelerator software that comes with some motherboards will cause these issues.

another issue is if you upgrade your pc as much as i do, about every 3 months or so, adaware 2007 installs itself to the hardware fingerprint of your current pc config you are installing adaware 2007 on initially. if you upgrade your pc, try to reinstall adaware 2007, if it sees a different fingerprint, it will not register.

so the faq stating you can install adaware on a new pc is false.

alot of times if you have some software storage drivers installed, like ones that come with asus motherboards for ide or sata, they will cause problems with installation of some software applications. also application accelerator software that comes with some motherboards will cause these issues.

another issue is if you upgrade your pc as much as i do, about every 3 months or so, adaware 2007 installs itself to the hardware fingerprint of your current pc config you are installing adaware 2007 on initially. if you upgrade your pc, try to reinstall adaware 2007, if it sees a different fingerprint, it will not register.

so the faq stating you can install adaware on a new pc is false.

The first response from Lavasoft, they did tell me that if I got a new computer, which I did, I would need to get the fingetprint of the software version and they would send me my "un-lock" key. The unlock key is a string of "66" numbers. Whe you put in those numbers in the unlock key slot, they said I should be able to register..WRONG...it still does not register. I don't understand if there a problem with the registration,,,,and if they can confirm that you have a valid license for a specific period of time, why can't they issue you a new version...with a click on the link or something like that? Why must they put people through all of the problems...I guess I will never understand that..OH WELL...still waiting for Lavasoft to respond...it has been 2 weeks........Amazing!!!!!

p.s. The computer is a new Dell, H2O cooled...3.2 GHZ overclocked...4 GIGS of memory, and 500 GB of disk space, plus most of the bells and whistles with audio and video...so memory and space not an issue and no problem with compatiability

Edited by buckeyewally

Having similar problems. After 5 hours of attempting to install 2007 Plus from instructions on the Licence information email, I have re-installed 2007. Forget it!

Having similar problems. After 5 hours of attempting to install 2007 Plus from instructions on the Licence information email, I have re-installed 2007. Forget it!

I paid for, like you for the plus version at the time....all I can get is the free version...I have reinstalled and reinstalled as per recomendations...still it won't register...maybe what I said in my last e-mail is what got them upset...."just a thought, maybe its you and your system and not us..." If they are indeed having this many problems with the product,,,somehow the beta testing was not that accurate!!

We are having similar problems, we have 3 computers networked, I managed to register one, we paid for the three separate licenses and were sent only one serial number. When I spoke to a sales person at Element5 the online supplier, we were sent another email with downloads for the two accounts that are not working, but no serial number to register. We also paid the extra for the extended download time, still not luck, all I managed to get was one registered 2007, one free version 2007 and one old Ad-Aware plus version that won't upgrade to 2007.

We are not happy with this situation, we have had paid licenses now for 3 years but are now thinking of looking for another program and cutting our losses.

Another problem is on my laptop I now cannot uninstall the earlier version, it tells me I have an error. Even if I go to add/remove programs it tells me something is missing and cannot perform the removal.

All this has been going on since March this year and still no benefit from our paid licenses, we have lost four months use of our licenses on 2 of our computers :)

Me too, I can't get the number to unlock my product. Lavasoft, if you read this, please sent it to me!!!!!!

Same problem here. No response to emails from Lavasoft. Does anybody have another method of getting a response from lavasoft?

There was another thread on serial number issues that were not resolved (http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=10663&st=0)

But "someone" moved it to the resolved/inactive directory and made it read only.

It certainly has not been resolved and as can be seen by this new thread should not be inactive.

It seems to me that someone is trying to hide embarrassing facts from the general public. :angry:

Hi guys,

If you haven't done so yet, please try typing your serial number instead of copy/paste from the mail received.

And please be patient ... As an old tech support ( not for LS ), I can assure you that every software company is taking care of its users. But may take so times ... always too long for waiting users !!

I'm sure LS works hard to get all issues fixed !

Bye

Michel R.

If you haven't done so yet, please try typing your serial number instead of copy/paste from the mail received.

The problem with this is the inability of LavaSoft to get us any serial numbers in the first place

I cannot register the product until now. Have tried so many times with the instructions sent by SupportCenter.

Just wonder how long it's gonna take. Wait until my license is expired?

:angry:

I can't register 2007 either, after many tries.

I removed and was re-downloading and noticed

that when the download began, the Lavasoft name was replaced by

something with "hidden files" in the name. Not sure if this should happen or not

or if this is causing the registration problem.

Even this forum is buggy! If you click on reply you get a quote from the previous post!!! I wondered why most posts had a quote in them.

To the point, it seem we are all having the same problems, I purchased two 24 month licences for Ad-Aware plus, one won't register even with the long code and the other one wont auto start Ad watch although it is registered.

I've wasted hours and hours trying to resolve these problems and I think the over zealous anti pirating system is the cause. I've cleaned out the registry and the drive from all traces of this programme and started again, but still no joy. I guess as another contributor has said, " I guess I've lost a few bucks". A fair amount of £'s really. I will not get caught again! I shall now re install my previous programme and mark it up to experience. I will not recommend this utility to anyone in future.

Greaaattttt. Why didn't I get to see the forum before I purchased the product? I wouldn't be wasting my time. I too am now added to the list of products that won't open after TYPING in the serial number. Please! And now no reply yet from LS. But, they're not getting my money! I will contact my credit card company and refuse to pay it if need be. I hate this kind of crap. Like i have all this time to waste on this easily solved and stupid headache for a consumer!!!! I'm assuming no one got their problem resolved yet??

Looks like LavaSoft is a ghost ship now...anyone there?

I'm just trying to get the FREE version to work, along with a number of others...if I'd PAID for it, I'd have disputed the purchase already.

(trying not to think about the fact that I got into this to stop MSIE--which I don't even USE--from opening and waving popups in front of my face, and that this crap has now led to yet another problem to solve...)

Sign in to follow this