Sign in to follow this  
priusman06

Updated: Ad-aware Se Personal Edition 7.0

Back in June, I received a message for Updated: Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 7.0.

I went to the link:http://download.com/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=rb-watchlist&tag=watchmail_name and downloaded the update.

When I installed the update, it promptly deleted my paid version of Ad-Aware and installed a free version.

When I bought Ad-Aware, I just downloaded it, so I don't have a CD to use to reinstall it.

Ad-Aware never really found much, or stopped anything...and it couldn't remove the few things it did find (like nail.exe in my registry). But it just annoys me that I paid for this software, and it's gone and I can't get it back.

How can I get a fresh copy of Ad-Aware without just buying another one?

Back in June, I received a message for Updated: Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 7.0.

I went to the link:http://download.com/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=rb-watchlist&tag=watchmail_name and downloaded the update.

When I installed the update, it promptly deleted my paid version of Ad-Aware and installed a free version.

When I bought Ad-Aware, I just downloaded it, so I don't have a CD to use to reinstall it.

Ad-Aware never really found much, or stopped anything...and it couldn't remove the few things it did find (like nail.exe in my registry). But it just annoys me that I paid for this software, and it's gone and I can't get it back.

How can I get a fresh copy of Ad-Aware without just buying another one?

You can go do a search for www.lavasoft.com and then go to c/net download and download the free 2007 version, but unless you have a current registration key that works you will only have the free version which doesn't include Ad-Watch.

We paid for 3 licenses for the 2007 and can only register one on one computer, we are still in the process of retrieving the serial numbers for the other two computers.

Another thing you could do is a System Restore back to before you uninstalled the original program and it should come back.

Good Luck

As I said, it really isn't all that great of an anti-spyware program, it just burns me that I'm without what I paid for while the meter's still running.

I don't want to chance a system restore because it's been quite a while since I lost it and I don't know what other useful things I might screw up.

You can go do a search for www.lavasoft.com and then go to c/net download and download the free 2007 version, but unless you have a current registration key that works you will only have the free version which doesn't include Ad-Watch.

We paid for 3 licenses for the 2007 and can only register one on one computer, we are still in the process of retrieving the serial numbers for the other two computers.

Another thing you could do is a System Restore back to before you uninstalled the original program and it should come back.

Good Luck

Sign in to follow this