Sign in to follow this  
mark912

Definitions File Web Update Not Working

When I try to update the definitions file I receive an ERROR MESSAGE : EVENT SSL DOWNLOAD FAILED

What is the problem that I can no longer update ?

When I try to update the definitions file I receive an ERROR MESSAGE : EVENT SSL DOWNLOAD FAILED

What is the problem that I can no longer update ?

I had the same problem. It turned out to be a firewall issue. Add the following to your Internet security program's "safe" list (Norton, in my case):

• aawservice
  • lsupdatemanager

This should resolve your problem.

I had the same problem. It turned out to be a firewall issue. Add the following to your Internet security program's "safe" list (Norton, in my case):
  • aawservice
  • lsupdatemanager

This should resolve your problem.

Sadly this did not resolve my problem. I disabled McAfee firewall as well as Windows firewall and still could not update the definitions file. If this problem persists then I too will reluctantly have to ask for a refund because what good will the service be if I will not be able to update the definitions file ?

Sadly this did not resolve my problem. I disabled McAfee firewall as well as Windows firewall and still could not update the definitions file. If this problem persists then I too will reluctantly have to ask for a refund because what good will the service be if I will not be able to update the definitions file ?

I clicked on "default settings" and then did not receive the SSL message and instead got a message that my definitions file is up to date. Does this mean that my problem is finally solved now ?

I clicked on "default settings" and then did not receive the SSL message and instead got a message that my definitions file is up to date. Does this mean that my problem is finally solved now ?

Sorry, still receiving SSL failed message grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sign in to follow this