Sign in to follow this  
kevscs

Refund

I purchased AdAware 2007 Professional on 08/06/07, had the same problems as everyone else including NO response from "support", requested a refund on 13/06/07, on the 14/06/07 I was emailed and told a refund will be issued, it may take up to 30 days, well guys that time has been and gone, and I am now being charged interset on my credit card purchase, it would seem that Lavasoft does not deliver on any of thier statements, is anyone else having this same issue ?

I purchased AdAware 2007 Professional on 08/06/07, had the same problems as everyone else including NO response from "support", requested a refund on 13/06/07, on the 14/06/07 I was emailed and told a refund will be issued, it may take up to 30 days, well guys that time has been and gone, and I am now being charged interset on my credit card purchase, it would seem that Lavasoft does not deliver on any of thier statements, is anyone else having this same issue ?

Well we purchased 3 separate licenses for our 3 computers from Element5 and only received one serial number for all three, well guess what? That only worked on one computer and now we are stuck with 2 downloads that we cannot register. We called Element5 and requested the serial numbers for the other two accounts and were told that the one number opens all three, not so B) When I called back numerous times I kept being told to go to Tech. Support for help, they are only the agent, so I said we want a refund and were told to go to Tech Support again, so in other words we won't get a refund and also won't get what we paid for by the looks of it :)

kevscs I feel your pain, we are in the very same situation. We will never buy or use this product again if we don't get what we paid for.

Edited by JanKo

Well we purchased 3 separate licenses for our 3 computers from Element5 and only received one serial number for all three, well guess what? That only worked on one computer and now we are stuck with 2 downloads that we cannot register. We called Element5 and requested the serial numbers for the other two accounts and were told that the one number opens all three, not so :) When I called back numerous times I kept being told to go to Tech. Support for help, they are only the agent, so I said we want a refund and were told to go to Tech Support again, so in other words we won't get a refund and also won't get what we paid for by the looks of it :D

kevscs I feel your pain, we are in the very same situation. We will never buy or use this product again if we don't get what we paid for.

log in and contact support via this site and request refund with your reasons,thats what i did and they refunded no probs,it's just a shame about 2007 as SE was good software

Has no one else sought a refund ?

Am I the only one ?

I will be asking for a return of my money soon. I purchased AdAware 2007 Plus on July 10th and still do not have access to the Plus features. Normal registration methods did not work, and after several e-mails to and from tech support, I was finally sent an Unlock Code. I entered the code into the proper line in "Registration", Clicked "OK", and got a "thank you for registering" message. I shut down and re-started AdAware, but there is no difference in what the software offers. The "Connect" button for AdWatch does not work. Selections I make in "settings" for AdWatch need to be re-set each time it is started. I cannot get either AdAware or AdWatch to start with windows, and the registration box is still asking me to "Register" instead of "Renew". I really liked AdAware SE, and would gladly go back to using it if I could get updates for it. Not much more I can say except that I have software that does not register, does not operate correctly, and during this fiasco my system is at risk.

I will be asking for a return of my money soon. I purchased AdAware 2007 Plus on July 10th and still do not have access to the Plus features. Normal registration methods did not work, and after several e-mails to and from tech support, I was finally sent an Unlock Code. I entered the code into the proper line in "Registration", Clicked "OK", and got a "thank you for registering" message. I shut down and re-started AdAware, but there is no difference in what the software offers. The "Connect" button for AdWatch does not work. Selections I make in "settings" for AdWatch need to be re-set each time it is started. I cannot get either AdAware or AdWatch to start with windows, and the registration box is still asking me to "Register" instead of "Renew". I really liked AdAware SE, and would gladly go back to using it if I could get updates for it. Not much more I can say except that I have software that does not register, does not operate correctly, and during this fiasco my system is at risk.

If it is not doing the basocs what else is it not doing ?

I woner If I request a refund, Lavasoft will actually give me one?

Good luck, they don't seem to want ot do anything else to help customer other than take the money and ask you to whistle Dixie.

Good luck, they don't seem to want ot do anything else to help customer other than take the money and ask you to whistle Dixie.

I downloaded the free version and there are still lots of problems with it. I would never even consider paying for this thing.

I just quit trying to get AdAware 2007 Plus/AdWatch working. Meanwhile, for unrelated reasons, I installed PC Pitstop Optimize and ran the program. While it was analyzing my system, I noticed that one of its functions was to check for "broken programs". After completing the scan, making a restore point, and correcting the problems it discovered, I had to reboot. Lo and behold! AdAware started with Windows and loaded AdWatch. This may help some of the others of you that have problems with getting AdAware to function. Although the register section of "Settings" in AdAware still wants me to register, and then tells me my serial number is invalid, the rest of the program seems to be doing fine.

I've asked them on how to get a refund about 2-3 times via their support e-mail, but they did not respond to it.

They only replied with "how to" install and register AAW2007. No matter how I tried - it still didn't work.

By the way, their website does not have a FAQ on refunds nor any support that mentions refunds.

HAS ANYONE EVEN RECEIVED A REFUND FROM THEM?

Edited by buta

Same issue here. The *only* reason there is to upgrade to the paid version was for the real-time protection features. Since these can't be enabled without being able to register, and they've broken the registration process, I think all current paid users should be given a refund AND a free year when they fix it for all this trouble.

I've lost count as to how many times I've un-installed and reinstalled this product. Each time I have to close all open programs, etc., which costs me time which costs me MONEY. The worst part is...Ad-Aware has always been a great product. Sad to see their paranoia cripple a good product.

And after reading this thread, I'm even more pissed that tech support has WASTED MY TIME, sending me an unlock code and having me -yet again- un-install and reinstall the *&^% thing. If this process hasn't worked for anyone else, why would it work for me? All they've done is waste my time.

I just quit trying to get AdAware 2007 Plus/AdWatch working. Meanwhile, for unrelated reasons, I installed PC Pitstop Optimize and ran the program. While it was analyzing my system, I noticed that one of its functions was to check for "broken programs". After completing the scan, making a restore point, and correcting the problems it discovered, I had to reboot. Lo and behold! AdAware started with Windows and loaded AdWatch. This may help some of the others of you that have problems with getting AdAware to function. Although the register section of "Settings" in AdAware still wants me to register, and then tells me my serial number is invalid, the rest of the program seems to be doing fine.

Interesting...

I take it that LAVASOFT or ELEMENT 5 isn't even considering refunds?

I haven't heard from either of them.

Question to the LS crew: I received my 1 year license for 2007Plus a while back,

but I can't even get AAW2007 started to enter the serial number. How long is this

unused serial number valid for? And why don't you offer refunds?

Sign in to follow this