Sign in to follow this  
maniac2003

Registration Problems Resolved discussion thread

Nice to hear :huh:

Will the people that already had a license also recieve e-mail to activate their Plus/Pro versions ? Or do they have to contact Lavasoft ?

<br />We have now located the problem with the registrations to the activation server, which was not responding properly to all requests. As of today the error is removed and registrations should be running a lot smoother from now on.<br /><br />Our support team has started to send out e-mails with instructions to everyone who has not been able to register, and that has submitted an error report about it. <br /><br />If you haven't been able to register your purchased product and have <b>not</b> already sent in a complaint, please visit the Support Center and do so.<br /><br />We are very sorry for the trouble this error has caused you. <br /><br />Regards, Tobias<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks, Lavasoft, for finally admitting the error was on YOUR side, not with the USER end. Customer support put a lot of us through all kinds of unnecessary hoops to convince LS that you DO have a problem, not us Users.

But thanks for clearing up the reg logjam for me. All seems to be working well, although I'm not happy with the new bloat in the app. Also, when I click on the "Process Watch" tab in Adaware 2007 Pro, there are no processes listed. I've enabled everything I can find to correct this. The app SAYS that Process Watch is enabled. But nothing shows up in the screen when I open it. I hope a future update/patch will correct this behavior.

Just to make sure: do you mean Process Watch or Ad-Watch Processes?

Process watch displays all running processees whereas Ad-Watch Processes only displays suspected malware processes that tries to start on your computer.

Regards, Tobias

As I indicated in the moved thread, I thought I had found the solution to registering the app.

It did work for me.

Whether it was a result of what lavasoft did, or me disabling all the other spyware/firewall/virus programs is an unanswered question.

However, I can still not get into the support center.

The link in the email takes me there.

I log in and get an error that basically says the lavasoft server is not working.

How can we submit support issues if we can't get into the support center?

I did just receive an email from Support with a new Serial number. I typed it in exactly and closed all firewalls, but this one was also Invalid.

What is wrong?? What a mess!!

I just sent them this message:

"This is the second Serial number that you have sent me that comes back Invalid. The Serial numbers just don't work.

You sent me an email that said that because the Serial numbers don't work, you would send me an Unlock key. Instead, I just received another non-working Serial number. Please send the Unlock key that you promised so that we can see if that will work."

The Registration problem is far from resolved.

We have now located the problem with the registrations to the activation server, which was not responding properly to all requests. As of today the error is removed and registrations should be running a lot smoother from now on.

Our support team has started to send out e-mails with instructions to everyone who has not been able to register, and that has submitted an error report about it.

If you haven't been able to register your purchased product and have not already sent in a complaint, please visit the Support Center and do so.

We are very sorry for the trouble this error has caused you.

Regards, Tobias

Thanks for the info, but it is inaccurate. Tobias, the following is not directed at you or the forum members. It is directed at Lavasoft since I can not get into the support forum.

============================

:)

Well, I just purchased by credit card a 3-year license for Ad-Aware 2007 Pro. It was very expensive. But I can not register it with the serial number I have on file from Lavasoft. Because I can't register, I can not submit a report about it. This is not going to last long, if I can not register it by 8pm Pacific Time then I'm putting a reversal on the credit card charge and I will uninstall and never use Lavasoft products again (I would not be able to trust a product to do things to my computer if the system can not be programmed properly to accept the serial number).

So, that's it. Fix it or I'm going to my bank and contest the authorized $67.92 tonight. Lavasoft, you have 9 hours. Lavasoft, you should have informed me BEFORE the purchase that there might be registration problems, not afterwards!

After two weeks of no help, I finally got the Serial number to work. You must close your firewall AND turn off your web accelerator before you send it. If you use an accelerator, you can't get it to register unless it's off.

No it wasn't solved! I just purchased AdAware 2007 Pro with email delivery. I got 3 emails, with subjects like this:

- The user data you requested

- Payment information (element 5 Order no. xxxxxx)

- Download Link for "Ad-Aware 2007 Plus ..."

None of these 3 emails contains anything that looks like a serial number so that I can register the software. Just for kicks, I tried the order number and any other number I could find. One of the 3 emails says:

"IMPORTANT: Please note your registration serial number will be sent in a separate email from Lavasoft. Registration instructions and support centre login details will also be included in this email."

Is the "separate email" one of the other 2 emails? Doesn't look like it. I'm rather pissed; this is ridiculous. I'm going to go run some errands and in 3 hours or so if this isn't resolved, I'm going to request a refund and also write some scathing reviews on amazon.com, cnet.com and other popular review places. Many of the reviews I read warned about terrible customer service... I'm starting to see what they mean -- can't even activate a purchased product!

You will get an e-mail with your serial. The serials are being sent out by a different system and there can sometimes be a small of delay.

Please also make sure that the e-mail has not been caught by a spam filter.

Regards, Tobias

OK, got the serial #. For future reference, I HIGHLY recommend that you let people know when they place the order approximately how long the delay may be before they get the serial #. Your web site did say we'd get the emails "immediately", and sure enough not one, not two but three emails immediately arrive. None of them containing the info we actually care about. And those emails are a bit lengthy and take some time to pick through to see if the serial # is somewhere hidden in there, only to then find in this forum that it's not really in there. This is really annoying and no way to organize your purchasing system.

Even better would be to fix your system so there is very little delay between ordering and getting the necessary info. But as a stop-gap measure, letting people know how it works WHEN THEY ORDER (or at least in one of the emails that you send out right away) would go a long way. (Or maybe not... maybe you like receiving lots of confused emails wondering how to register the software? Seems like a waste of your time though.)

I bought it today, 7/2/7 and I got the email with the serial number right away -- unfortunately it won't validate. I sent a note to support but this is very disappointing. What I especially don't like is that Lavasoft knew about this problem but said noting about it when I purchased. I feel cheated. I don't want to do business with a company that treats people that way. I want to be protected from those sorts of companies.

Now we'll see what hoops I have to jump through and how long I have to wait to get a refund.

OK, got the serial #. For future reference, I HIGHLY recommend that you let people know when they place the order approximately how long the delay may be before they get the serial #. Your web site did say we'd get the emails "immediately", and sure enough not one, not two but three emails immediately arrive. None of them containing the info we actually care about. And those emails are a bit lengthy and take some time to pick through to see if the serial # is somewhere hidden in there, only to then find in this forum that it's not really in there. This is really annoying and no way to organize your purchasing system.

Even better would be to fix your system so there is very little delay between ordering and getting the necessary info. But as a stop-gap measure, letting people know how it works WHEN THEY ORDER (or at least in one of the emails that you send out right away) would go a long way. (Or maybe not... maybe you like receiving lots of confused emails wondering how to register the software? Seems like a waste of your time though.)

Edited by shieber

i have no code yet ?? it is not in any emails i have got or had ;-(.

is it my purchase id or will lavasoft send me a code sometime this year ??

=

License Info

Notice

We are currently experiencing technical issues with product registration and we are working hard to get everything back online as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Your registered license information:

Product License Renewal - Ad-Aware Professional

Software Ad-Aware SE Professional

Purchase ID xxxxxxxx

Number of licenses 1

Purchase date 2007-05-26 01:01:01

License expiration date 2008-05-26 01:01:01

License time 12 months

Product Lavasoft Personal Firewall

Software Lavasoft Personal Firewall

Purchase ID xxxxxxxxx

Number of licenses 1

Purchase date 2007-02-03 01:01:01

License expiration date 2008-06-03 01:01:01

License time 12 months

Product Ad-Aware Professional

Purchase ID xxxxxxxxx

Number of licenses 1

Purchase date 2004-08-25 01:01:01

License expiration date 2005-08-25 00:00:00

License time 12 months

Edited by subaru swift

i have no code yet ?? it is not in any emails i have got or had ;-(.

is it my purchase id or will lavasoft send me a code sometime this year ??

=

License Info

Notice

We are currently experiencing technical issues with product registration and we are working hard to get everything back online as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Your registered license information:

Product License Renewal - Ad-Aware Professional

Purchase ID xxxxxxxx

Number of licenses 1

Purchase date 2007-05-26 01:01:01

License expiration date 2008-05-26 01:01:01

License time 12 months

Product Lavasoft Personal Firewall

Software Lavasoft Personal Firewall

Purchase ID xxxxxxxxx

Number of licenses 1

Purchase date 2007-02-03 01:01:01

License expiration date 2008-06-03 01:01:01

License time 12 months

Product Ad-Aware Professional

Purchase ID xxxxxxxxx

Number of licenses 1

Purchase date 2004-08-25 01:01:01

License expiration date 2005-08-25 00:00:00

License time 12 months

I, too, have found that the key code sent on purchasing a 2 year version that I always get "this key appeared to be invalid"

If it is a time problem, then the e-mail sent should say how long before registration is possible.

What an I paying for, I wonder.

If you have any of the half dozen decent security suites available and a copy of (free) ccleaner.exe, then you aren't paying for much of anyting in terms of real benefits, even if the you were getting a valid code.

With the pro version you get real-time cookie blocking so scans and deleting afterward shouldn't be necessary but how hard is it to delete cookies.

I've used AA for several years and it gets harder and harder to justify. Now that it doesn't even work right, out of the gate -- fuggettabowit. I don't have to pay money to be treated like this for so little benefit in the long run.

sh

I, too, have found that the key code sent on purchasing a 2 year version that I always get "this key appeared to be invalid"

If it is a time problem, then the e-mail sent should say how long before registration is possible.

What an I paying for, I wonder.

Is there anybody within Lavasoft who actually knows or cares what they are doing?

Having read the myriad of posts complaining about people not being able to register and/or install the latest version of Ad-Aware 2007 it seems that Lavasoft are not able to provide a SUITABLE and WORKABLE solution.

I have e-mailed the company on a couple of occasions and never had a response. I believe I saw somewhere that paid users, such as me, are able to access live support? What a load of rocking horse stuff that is!!!

I am still unable to register my update, and am waiting, but not holding my breath, for the courtesy of a response from Lavasoft.

We have now located the problem with the registrations to the activation server, which was not responding properly to all requests. As of today the error is removed and registrations should be running a lot smoother from now on.

Our support team has started to send out e-mails with instructions to everyone who has not been able to register, and that has submitted an error report about it.

If you haven't been able to register your purchased product and have not already sent in a complaint, please visit the Support Center and do so.

We are very sorry for the trouble this error has caused you.

Regards, Tobias

I received this email in reply for asking for tech support.
"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote: Dear Customer

This addresses any issues regarding problems with repeated attempts of registering Ad-Aware 2007 Plus or Pro.

This will activate Ad-Watch and all other Ad-Aware 2007 features you have paid for with Plus or Pro.

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

Note: Each license has an individual serial number that can only be activated on one computer. If you have activated on another machine or changed the hardware setup on your computer, the serial number will not recognize the new hardware fingerprint of the system.

Make sure that you have turned off or configured your firewall or any other security programs to allow Ad-Aware 2007 network access. If necessary, you can temporarily turn off your firewall, but be sure to turn it on again after you have completed the registration procedure.

1. To open the registration window, click the 'Register' button (may also say 'Renew') that is placed near the bottom-right corner of the screen, under 'License Status'.

2. Important: Please choose the correct license type you have purchased from the drop-down menu.

3. Enter the serial number from the 'serial number notification' e-mail into the box checked 'Serial number', NOT the unlock key box.

Click 'OK'. Ad-Aware 2007 will connect to the Internet to validate your registration. If this does not work the first time, please try again.

4. "Thank you for registering Ad-Aware 2007" will appear once successful, Click OK.

5. Close program and restart (double-click desktop icon) to activate full feature version of Ad-Aware 2007 Plus or Pro.

Note: If you do not succeed the first time, please try again. It may take multiple attempts to connect to our server.

You might also have entered the wrong serial, it is case sensitive and the hyphens (-) should be included.

If you still have problems despite trying it several times, please respond to this email and describe your problem in detail.

Kind regards,

Lavasoft Support Team

After several unsuccessful tries to register the product I sent this reply. I replied to the help email lavasoft tech support sent me.
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:34:35 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Lavasoft Support- Activating Ad-Aware (was: Technical Inquiry: My licence number is not being accepted)

To: [email protected]

I have try, try again several times. I have removed and redownloaded the software, I have entered the licence that I clicked to be sent to me over and over and over again.

I used upper case letters dashes etc. I copied it and put it on my notepad in a large font and printed it so I would not make a mistake in typing in the serial number. I have used caps lock on and caps lock off, using the shift key to enter the letters. I have tried to used the first licence number sent to me which is different than the one which has since been sent me. Nothing works! How long am I to try, try again before your software works.

I have used Ad-Aware for a long time and have been pleased with it. I am very disappointed with this new software, and the only help I get is try, try again. I have turned my Symantec firewall off will I do these attempt, I have never had a problem using your software with Symantec before. I have Norton Internet Security 2007, and Ad-Aware SE Plus worked fine with it. I was very happy with Ad-Aware SE Plus.

Is Ad-Aware 2007 a Beta program? Is that why you software is not working? Do you have any more suggestions other than try, try again? I paid for this software that is not working. Please, please give me more help!

The reply I received from lavasoft tech support was
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:32:06 +0000

Subject: Re: Re: Lavasoft Support- Activating Ad-Aware (was: Technical Inquiry: My licence number is not being accepted)

To: xxxxxxx

Subject: Lavasoft Auto reply

Welcome to Lavasoft!

This is an automatic reply to confirm that your support request has

been received.

The Lavasoft Support Team will respond to your request as soon as

possible.

Due to the high amount of emails we have received since the release of

Ad-Aware 2007 it may take some time for us to process and address your

request. You will receive a reply directly from Lavasoft Support.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Customer support for Ad-Aware 2007 Free and Ad-Aware Personal is only

available at http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportforums/

We kindly ask that you include all correspondence with your e-mail

replies.

Best Regards,

The Lavasoft Support Team

I am waiting now for the correct registration code. I'm not holding my breath, as I'm sure there are many of us in the same fix. At least the free version works.[/size] :unsure::rolleyes:

i have been using adaware for over 4 years and just updated to 2007 pro last week, i used it about a day before i upgrade my motherboard, processor and ram. now aa2007pro will not register online. i finally got a response out of lavasoft after about 4 or 5 days of trying.

their response? the registration process finger prints your pc and registers it to that pc, so if you make any major pc changes, you're screwed and buy another license. so i got one days use out of my purchase. i upgrade my pc far too often for this crap to work. i use alcohol 120% also, and it ties itself to your pc, but you can log onto their site and change which pc to have it registered to.

if lavasoft wants to do this, then screw'em, i'm removing their product and going somewhere else. microsoft wanted to try this crap with vista and thought second about it, perhaps lavasoft should have been reading around the net.

now lavasoft, i sent you an email for a refund, give it, i'm done.

**** Future Purchasers Please Note ****

it's not mentioned in faq that it ties itself to your pc, it states in the faq that you can install it on a new pc, don't believe the faq.

I just downloaded the free version of ad-aware 2007, and it is asking for a serial # and an unlock key. How do I get this?
Edited by mikedanick

Sign in to follow this