Sign in to follow this  

Hi all!

Can someone tell me what Automatic Updates means Ad-Aware 2007 Free Version. I dont know, because i have not that function altought there is green check mark in the system protectin status window. And it says: automatic update: on ???

Hi Jarod,

Open Ad-Aware 2007, and select the "Settings" tab at the bottom of the left-hand menu, then click on the "Auto Scans" section:

Automatic_Update.gif

In the upper section, make sure that "Update Definitions File before scanning" is selected (green check) - in the lower-right section, make sure that "Udate Definitions File at startup" is selected (green check). Don't forget to click the "Save" button afterwards.

Then Ad-Aware 2007 will automatically look for Definition File updates when you open Ad-Aware, and again when you start a scan. That is the Automatic Update that you refer to.

As a seperate action, once you have opened Ad-Aware 2007, click on the 'Update" button in the Staus window - then Ad-Aware will look for program updates. If any are found, it will ask to open the Update Manager.

Regards,

Spike

Hi Jarod,

With the settings shown above, this is what my AAW 2007 Pro looks like when starting up:

aaw2007Pro___update_at_startup.gif

I still have to check for program updates manually after Ad-Aware 2007 has opened - I would imagine that the "StartUp Auto-Check" will at some point be amended to include these program fixes/updates.

When I do start a scan, it also checks for updated definitions at that point - useful for scheduled scans.

Check the "AdAware event.log" located in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\logs (default path).

Regards,

Spike

Hello!

My Ad-Aware 2007 FREE does NOT check updates at startup or before scanning. (I have all nessesary marks cheked) And log files agree with me,no mark of updates at all...? Only if manually update. ;)

Hi Jarod,

Does you AAW 2007 show the "Updating Definitions File" message (as mine does in the screenshot above) when you load AAW 2007?

If not, try this (just a suggestion - maybe it will work ...):

Open AAW 2007 and deselect (un-check) all of the Definition Update settings, then click on the "Save" button. Then close AAW 2007 and reboot your system.

Then reverse the process - ie: re-select all of the settings and save again, re-boot.

See if the Auto-Update settings "take" this time - sorry, can't guarante that this will work but I hope that it would :angry:

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this