• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mamasgolfing

How Do I Quarantine Adware.cdn?

3 posts in this topic

I ran a scan with AdAware yesterday and it showed 2 entries on Adware.CDN. I clicked to remove it, but today it shows up again. I want to quarantine it but I am told that I am not entering a proper file. I would also like to get rid of it. It shows as a RegKey. I can't get any info when I go to Lavasoft's Tac Page either. Can someone please advise me? I am using the free version and I am updated.

I ran a scan with AdAware yesterday and it showed 2 entries on Adware.CDN. I clicked to remove it, but today it shows up again. I want to quarantine it but I am told that I am not entering a proper file. What is a proper file extension? I would also like to get rid of it. It shows as a RegKey. I can't get any info when I go to Lavasoft's Tac Page either. Can someone please advise me? I am using the free version and I am updated. I saw another post on this topic and it looks like it will be resolved shortly, but I would still like to know the correct file information for future reference.

Hi Geri,

It appears to be a false-positive, which will be corrected in the next Definitions update - for now, after the scan, select the 2 Adware.CDN entries and select "Add to Ignore".

Once the new Definitions are released, open the Ignore list:

For AAW 2007:

Quarantine___Ignore___arrows.gif

For AAW SE 1.06:

AAW_Status_Screen___Ignore_Quarantine_Lists.gif

Select the Ignored Adware.CDN entries and delete/remove them. Then run the scan with the up-dated definitions and they should no longer be detected.

Regards,

Spike

NB: It pays to keep an eye on the False Positives section of the forum.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0