Sign in to follow this  
CDreier

Adwatch - What's The Reason For It Being?

Unlike Ad Watch SE, which stopped tracking cookies from getting on the computer, this version literally appears to be doing nothing whatsoever. Seriously, what's the reason to even have it as a part of my security suite? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Edited by CDreier

Welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forum

I am using Ad-Aware 2007 Pro and Ad-Watch is working fine. It is blocking tracking cookies and detecting processes. What version do you have? Also what other security software do you have installed?

Unlike Ad Watch SE, which stopped tracking cookies from getting on the computer, this version literally appears to be doing nothing whatsoever. Seriously, what's the reason to even have it as a part of my security suite? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

I have the same problem, I am running Ad-aware 2007 Plus. It has not stopped tracking cookies and detected processes since it was installed.

Windows XP Home service pack 2

I E 7

Norton Internet Security 2007

Spybot

SpywareBlaster

I still have two problems with AdWatch:

1) It doesn't seem to be catching tracking cookies - but the RegShield counter is up to 215 since 21 July 2007. Is this what AdWatch calls "cookie protection"? Interestingly, AdAware and SpyBot aren't finding any infections, so maybe AdWatch is doing its job, but not listing these attacks as Cookies but rather as RegShield statistics. In which case, I'm protected but confused... :(

2) As detailed in other threads that have slipped off the radar, AdWatch still will not load on start-up. No, it isn't my settings or 'pooter, as anything else that I want to load on start-up (via WinPatrol), er, starts-up... AdAware are aware that this issue exists, but still haven't sorted a fix.

Running:

Win XP Pro SP2 Full Licenced OEM Version

IE7

ZA Pro

AVG Free

WinPatrol

SpyBot

Spyware Blaster

AdAware 2007

TrayTools 2000

WinPulse

I have the same problem, I am running Ad-aware 2007 Plus. It has not stopped tracking cookies and detected processes since it was installed.

Same here does not block cookies or show proccesses, why and why NO response whatso ever from lavasoft?

Edited by alphatango

Hi gelert,

AdWatch still will not load on start-up

I too had problems with AdWatch settings when I first installed my AAW 2007 Pro - I followed these steps and they worked (for me, anyway ;) ).

Open AdWatch, select your desired settings, then shut down AdWatch completely, ie: not just to the system-tray (see my post with pretty 'lil screenshots here: New Guy Needs Some Help!).

Then restart AdWatch before you reboot your system. The settings should then have "taken".

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this