Sign in to follow this  
derekdel

Full Refund Of Money

This was sent via the support feature on the members website also:

I have asked for help & support on here and via your support forums with no result.

I am now asking for a full refund of my money as the product does not work and is not of sound quality. Basically it does not work properly.

I refer to the below law:

Distance Selling Regulations

Distance selling means selling and buying by phone, mail order, via the Internet or digital TV. Such transactions are covered generally by normal buying and selling legislation, but they are also covered by special Distance Selling Regulations.

Distance Selling Regulations give protection to consumers who shop by phone, mail order, via the Internet or digital TV: The protection includes:

• The right to receive clear information about goods and services before deciding to buy;

• Confirmation of this information in writing;

• A cooling off period of seven working days in which the consumer can withdraw from the contract;

• Protection from credit card fraud.

and:

Sale of Goods Act Quick Facts

Subject: Sale of Goods Act, Faulty Goods.

Relevant or Related Legislation: Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

Key Facts:

• Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

• Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

I have asked for this refund within 7 days of delivery

This was sent via the support feature on the members website also:

I have asked for help & support on here and via your support forums with no result.

I am now asking for a full refund of my money as the product does not work and is not of sound quality. Basically it does not work properly.

I refer to the below law:

Distance Selling Regulations

Distance selling means selling and buying by phone, mail order, via the Internet or digital TV. Such transactions are covered generally by normal buying and selling legislation, but they are also covered by special Distance Selling Regulations.

Distance Selling Regulations give protection to consumers who shop by phone, mail order, via the Internet or digital TV: The protection includes:

• The right to receive clear information about goods and services before deciding to buy;

• Confirmation of this information in writing;

• A cooling off period of seven working days in which the consumer can withdraw from the contract;

• Protection from credit card fraud.

and:

Sale of Goods Act Quick Facts

Subject: Sale of Goods Act, Faulty Goods.

Relevant or Related Legislation: Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

Key Facts:

• Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

• Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

I have asked for this refund within 7 days of delivery

GOOD LUCK, I was emailed and told that a refund would be forthcoming, that was over 5 weeks ago.

[Edited by SpySentinel]

Edited by SpySentinel

GOOD LUCK, I was emailed and told that a refund would be forthcoming, that was over 5 weeks ago.

[Edited by SpySentinel]

I have registered a dispute with PayPal to force Lavasoft to respond. This appears to be the only way to get a refund on a product which is significantly different from what was stated at time of download.

As was explained in your other topic here:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=11375

You may use the Support Center for requests such as this, which is it's purpose. We can't process refunds or other individual support related functions for paying customers here in the public forums. These are mostly for discussions, announcments and for free version users to ask for assistance from other users.

Please log in and send you request via the Support Center here:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter

That is for registered users only but puts you in direct contact with the support team via email. :rolleyes: