Sign in to follow this  
Dave49

Ad-aware Se Plus Problem

I had Ad-Aware SE Plus but wanted to try the new Ad-Aware 2007. So I downloaded the new version and installed it to try it out. Much to my surprise the SE Plus version was completely removed from my machine, and replaced with the FREE edition of 2007. I had planned to try out the new version, and then upgrade my software. But it seems that is not possible now. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks,

~Dave

Hi Dave49,

When you say that you "downloaded the new version", do you mean that you logged in to the Support Center, clicked on the "Update to AAW 2007" button, and therefore had your download link to your own copy of AAW SE Plus 1.06 replaced by a link to AAW 2007?

If you have not completed this procedure, you should still be able to access your AAW SE Plus version through the Support Center.

If you have done it, then (unless you kept a backup copy of the SE Plus .exe file) there is other link to the SE Plus version. One can still download the free Personal version of AAW SE on some download sites.

Regards,

Spike

I tried to do it that way, but the site would not recognize my login. So I downloaded the "trial" 2007 version from the Lavasoft web site. But when it installed, it removed my Ad-Aware SE Plus and replaced it with the 2007 version. I did not expect it to do that. I thought it would add the 2007 version in the Lavasoft folder where my original version was. Why would it remove the previous version?

The support center is interesting, though. It wants the email address and password, I was given when I registered my SE Plus, to log in. I no longer have that, it seems. So I guess there's no way for me to do what you ask. Thanks anyway.

~Dave

Hi Dave,

As part of the installation for AAW 2007, it should have said that a previous version of AAW had been detected and was being removed?

There is a link at the Support Center LogIn which allows you to register a new email address:

AAW_LS_Support_Center_Log_In___Forgotten_1.gif

Complete the information required and send:

AAW_LS_Support_Center_Log_In___Forgotten_2.gif

Please note that Support has an extensive backlog and are likely to take some days to get back to you - please be as patient as possible :)

Regards,

Spike

If I may ask another question along these lines...

I have Ad-Aware Plus SE and have been using it for maybe a couple of years now. I tried to go to the site to update to the 2007 version, but the log-in thing says my email address is not recognized. So maybe I never registered, I don't recall. And I can no longer find any email I received when I got the software. Is there some way I can get this registered so I can access the upgrade?

Thanks,

~Dave

Ok, I located an email for when I bought Ad-Aware SE Plus. It was from "Element 5", a DigitalRiver Company. Does this make a difference, and is it why I cannot log into the support center for the upgrade? Also I bought this on 3/12/2004.

~Dave

I have Ad-Aware Plus SE and have been using it for maybe a few years now. I tried to go to the site to update to the 2007 version, but the log-in thing says my email address is not recognized. So maybe I never registered, I don't recall. Is there some way I can get this registered so I can access the upgrade? I located an email for when I bought Ad-Aware SE Plus. It was from "Element 5", a DigitalRiver Company. Does this make a difference, and is it why I cannot log into the support center for the upgrade? Also I bought this on 3/12/2004. There is no way to log into the LavasoftSuooprt site since it has no record of my email address. I can access my order through the Element 5/Lavasoft site but that's all.

Can anyone help me upgrade?

Thanks,

~Dave

*Edit: My email address has not changed since I bought this product the first time.

Edited by Dave49

Hi Dave49,

You had 4 or 5 different topics going and we can't keep up with those very well, so I merged them all here.

If you didn't register your product when you bought it, that's why you can't login to the Support Center. In fact, if you bought it in 2004, it would have expired by now.

I'll send you an email address to send your documentation to and they might be able to offer you a discount similar to what the renewal would have been but I'm not sure about that and the Support Center is a bit behind with a backlog of support requests at the moment, so it may take a number of days to get a response from them.

This really isn't something we can solve for you here in the public forums.

Check you private messages (link at the top of the forum) in a few minutes for a message from me with that email address.

Thought you might like to know I got a reply already. Here it is:

=================================================

Dear Customer

At the launch of Ad-Aware 2007 we changed to a new Support system and Customer Database.

During this process a few Support Center accounts were lost, yours among them.

We have now created a new personal account for you.

An email with the login credentials and new password have been sent to your registered email address.

Your old licenses have expired and therefor not been included in your profile.

However, all previous license holders may upgrade to Ad-Aware 2007 at a discount.

You may purchase the product at a discount by using this link:

Ad-Aware 2007 Plus for 16,50 (40% discount)

https://secure.element5.com/esales/jscheckout.html?PRODUCT[300164816]=1&COUPON1=PSE401&hidecoupon=1

AdAware 2007 Pro for 23,99 (40% discount)

https://secure.element5.com/esales/jscheckout.html?PRODUCT[300164819]=1&COUPON1=PSE402&hidecoupon=1

We are truly sorry for the late reply and any inconvenience all this may have caused you.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

Kind regards,

Lavasoft Support Team

===============================================

The only problem is that the AdWatch will not work. Even though the screen says I have 2007 Plus with a license for 365 days, AdWatch just gives me a message saying it only works with the Plus or Pro versions. I have an email in asking about this. If anyone else here has any idea about this new problem, please advise me. It's always something, isn't it?

Thanks,

~Dave

Edited by Dave49

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear you got a timely response - the Support Center is finally getting their backlog caught up so it should be more responsive now that we've gotten over the initial launch of the new version.

This version is all new - different than your old one and it sounds like you might want to try a couple of things covered in our FAQ page:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php#10

Under this section:

How do I get Ad-Watch to work?

The most common cause for problems starting Ad-Watch is that Ad-Aware is not activated/registered correctly and/or that the software has not been restarted since the activation. Please be sure to register your software with your serial number in order to activate the advanced features in Ad-Aware 2007 Plus and Pro.

To see how to register your software see this section:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php#6

How do I activate Ad-Aware 2007 Plus/Pro by registering with my serial number?

REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

Note: : Each license has an individual serial number that can only be activated on one computer. If you have activated on another machine or changed the hardware setup on your computer, the serial number will not recognize the new hardware fingerprint of the system.

Make sure that you have turned off or configured your firewall or any other security programs to allow Ad-Aware 2007 network access. If necessary, you can temporarily turn off your firewall, but be sure to turn it on again after you have completed the registration procedure.

* . To open the registration window, click the 'Register' button (may also say 'Renew') that is placed near the bottom-right corner of the screen, under 'License Status'.

* Important: Please choose the correct license type you have purchased from the drop-down menu.

* Enter the serial number from the 'serial number notification' e-mail into the box checked 'Serial number', NOT the unlock key box.

* Click 'OK'. Ad-Aware 2007 will connect to the Internet to validate your registration. If this does not work the first time, please try again.

* "Thank you for registering Ad-Aware 2007" will appear once successful, Click OK.

* Close program and restart (double-click desktop icon) to activate full feature version of Ad-Aware 2007 Plus or Pro.

Note: If you do not succeed the first time, please try again. It may take multiple attempts to connect to our server. You might also have entered the wrong serial, it is case sensitive and the hyphens (-) should be included.

Let me know if you are able to get it activated with the above steps.

Thanks, CJ. The problem is that I did register successfully, and restart the program. At the bottom of the opening window, Ad-Aware says I have the Plus Edition with a license good for 365 days. But the Ad Watch problem still exists. So I don't know what else to do.

~Dave

Hi Dave,

I don't know either, should be working now.

What is your Windows operating system (sorry, I should have asked that earlier)

Did you use the webupdate to get all the latest updates?

Try rebooting your system and see what you get then. Please jot down and report back here with any errors or message you get.

Since you are a currently registered user with the Plus version you are entitled to one-on-one support with the Support Team via the Support Center. You may need to file a technical help request in case something in your system or setup needs troubleshooting on an individual basis. Are you able to now login to the Support Center?

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Hi Dave,

I don't know either, should be working now.

What is your Windows operating system (sorry, I should have asked that earlier)

Did you use the webupdate to get all the latest updates?

Try rebooting your system and see what you get then. Please jot down and report back here with any errors or message you get.

Since you are a currently registered user with the Plus version you are entitled to one-on-one support with the Support Team via the Support Center. You may need to file a technical help request in case something in your system or setup needs troubleshooting on an individual basis. Are you able to now login to the Support Center?

Window XP Pro. Ad Aware seems to update itself when ever I start it up. And I also do it manually from time to time. My system has been rebooted several times. Ad_Aware status window still shows Plus Edition with 362 days on the license in the lower left of the window. *edit* And still when I try to open Ad Watch, I get the message that it only works with the Plus or Pro editions.

Also I can't log in to the support center because it says my e-mail address is not in the system. And there seems to be no remedy for that.

~Dave

Edited by Dave49

Also I can't log in to the support center because it says my e-mail address is not in the system. And there seems to be no remedy for that.

~Dave

Ok, verified it should work just fine on Win XP Pro.

As for the Support Center Login, they send a reply which you quoted above saying:

We have now created a new personal account for you.

An email with the login credentials and new password have been sent to your registered email address.

Are you saying it doesn't work or that you didn't get it?

If the new login and password they sent isn't working but the product is registered, contact them again via a reply to the email address I sent you (the one where they responded) and please provide all details of what steps you have follow thus far.

Ok, verified it should work just fine on Win XP Pro.

As for the Support Center Login, they send a reply which you quoted above saying:

Are you saying it doesn't work or that you didn't get it?

If the new login and password they sent isn't working but the product is registered, contact them again via a reply to the email address I sent you (the one where they responded) and please provide all details of what steps you have follow thus far.

I'm saying it didn't work for me. I kept getting the same message saying my e-mail address was not recognized. Or words to that effect.

*edit* But I just tried it again, and it seems to be working. Don't know how that happened, but it's very nice.

*edit2* I filled out a form and now will wait to find out if there's anything they can do.

I want to thank you very much for all your help, CJ.

~Dave

Edited by Dave49

Yep, it's good. Now see if anyone can fix this for me. I have not seen this problem anywhere else on this forum, so it might throw the tech folks. It's always nice to have a completely creative problem.

~Dave :o

The support team should be able to figure it out. With the new record now in Support they can find you much easier and help fix the problem :)

Once registered, you should be able to load Ad-Watch. When you click on Ad-Watch exactly what message are you getting?

The support team should be able to figure it out. With the new record now in Support they can find you much easier and help fix the problem :)

Once registered, you should be able to load Ad-Watch. When you click on Ad-Watch exactly what message are you getting?

The exact message is:

Ad-Watch is only available in Ad-Aware Plus & Pro Edition.

~Dave

Latest email from LS:

Dear Customer

First of all:

Please make sure you have the latest version of Ad-Aware 2007.

You can download the latest installation package by logging in to the support

center at the link below:

To download your software, log in, go to 'Your licenses'.

This will list your licenses and you will find the download links below each

valid license.

Click the link and save it to your hard drive.

Reinstall.

This will resolve a lot of problems you may be experiencing.

Regarding some issues with Ad-Watch that you might currently experience:

*Cannot start Ad-Watch*

If you are having problems starting Ad-Watch the most common cause for this is

that Ad-Aware is not activated/registered correctly and/or that the software has

not been restarted since the activation. Make sure to go trough the guide below

to make sure that the software is activated.

We are researching a possible other issue with starting Ad-Watch, if you can not

start Ad-Watch even though Ad-Aware is registered (on the status page) and the

software is restarted please reply back to this email with any details you can

provide regarding;

* How you start Ad-Watch

* What operating system and other security related software you use.

* Error messages

* A general description of the events.

Kind regards

Kim - Lavasoft Support

My reply back:

* How you start Ad-Watch

I TRY to start Ad-Watch from the program tab, and also from the icon in the

Start Menu.

* What operating system and other security related software you use.

I use Windows XP Pro with all updates current. I use Registry Mechanic, and

AdwareBlaster.

* Error messages

Ad-Watch is only available in Ad-Aware Plus & Pro Edition.

* A general description of the events.

I can't start Ad-Watch even though the Status Page (in the lower left of the

screen) says

TYPE: Plus Edition

LICENSE: expires in 360 days.

Now I'm just waiting for another reply from LS.

~Dave

Sign in to follow this