• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
homedinger

Getting Traces Of Ad Aware Off My Computer

1 post in this topic

I reloaded my operating system after my computer was hit with viruses and was sent out to be cleaned three times in the last month because Zone Alarm shut down. I am replacing the firewall and other components, and wanted to use Ad Aware for my spyware program.

I used it a few days before reinstalling my operating system for the third time in a month

Unfortunately, Ad Aware will not install I don't understand. I had my system restored after a

> virus attack and had it overlay the old system. Could remnants remain? I

> don't know how to get it off. It will not install, and there is no Lavasoft

> or Ad Aware on my Program files list on my Start Menu or in the Add or

> Remove programs.

I did look and find a Lavasoft folder exists on my

> C:\Program Files list. I don't know how to remove it all though, imagine

> some of it is in system folders and registry files? I have windows XP Pro

> but do not know what to look for?

Can someone tell me how to find Ad Aware registry items and system folder items to delete so that I can restart my system, install Ad Aware, and if it works well, buy it? I cannot buy it if it will not install, and that is where I am at this time. I simply need to know components to delete from the system files and if there is something in the registry to delete. It is not installed on my system, but When I try to install Ad Aware I get a message "Verify that you have

> sufficient privileges to start system services" and it will not allow me to install it.

>

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0