Sign in to follow this  
ocsohio

Ccb-f Error. System Clock Set Back....

When trying to run Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch I get the error indicating that "the system clock appears to have been set back..." I am directed to report CCB-F error to the author.

I posted this issue earlier in another tread close to a month ago and still no resolution has been offered.

The purchased software cannot be used.

During the last month I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.

Since there is actually and error identifier (CBB-F) it seems that should tell the tech's something or give them a clue.

I sure would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks

Jim K :angry2:

Hi Jim K,

Did you ask your request to the LS Support Center since you paid for a licence ?

Bye

Michel

Yes. I have had this problem since the release. After a month I got a reply from support indicating that I should update my software, which I have done several times. It did not correct the problem. I have contacted support again but sure hope it doesn't take another month.

Thanks for you interest, Michel.

Jim K

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure LS support is doing the best, but they might be a little "overbooked" as many new users are trying Ad-aware.

Thanks for your patience.

Bye

Michel

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure LS support is doing the best, but they might be a little "overbooked" as many new users are trying Ad-aware.

Thanks for your patience.

Bye

Michel

I had a response in a reasonable amount of time, this time, from support but the fix was only temporary. I was given a ClockFix key which worked only for a few days. After that I am back to the same error. I am told that the ClocFix key has expired. Evidentally the programs are very unforgiving with regard to the clock. My clock is checked and corrected weekly with the usual correction being less than 15 seconds. If 15 seconds messes things up what will happen with the end of daylight savings time?

It really aggrivates me that I cannot use a paid for program that I have used for years and consider important for my system's health.

I even tried uninstalling and installing the free version. No luck. I cannot install the free version, probably because there is a valid Pro registration key in place.

Jim K

Edited by Jim K

Sign in to follow this