Sign in to follow this  
mark912

Adaware&adwatch Might Be Working

AdAware & AdWatch might still be working somehow without us knowing it because doing a McAfee scan reveals that I have no cookies. Could this be the work of AdAware somehow ?

One more irritating thing is that it says that new software is available and asks if I want to download it, I click "yes" and nothing happens. So where can I see the new software updates available to download ?

Hi Mark, can you try running the Update Manager directly from the Ad-Aware folder, to see if that will let you download the updates:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\LSUpdateManager.exe

Regards, Tobias

Hi Mark, can you try running the Update Manager directly from the Ad-Aware folder, to see if that will let you download the updates:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\LSUpdateManager.exe

Regards, Tobias

Windows will not allow me to open the updatemanager file

Is there any other way of updating the new software ?

Have you been able to do updates before?

Do you get any kind of error message when trying to run the Update Manager?

Check your task manager to make sure that the LSUpdateManager.exe process is not running. If it is - stop it and try running the update manager again.

If this doesn't work I would suggest that you reinstall Ad-Aware 2007 to try and fix the problem.

Regards, Tobias

Have you been able to do updates before?

Do you get any kind of error message when trying to run the Update Manager?

Check your task manager to make sure that the LSUpdateManager.exe process is not running. If it is - stop it and try running the update manager again.

If this doesn't work I would suggest that you reinstall Ad-Aware 2007 to try and fix the problem.

Regards, Tobias

What is the difference between Definitions File Update ( which I can do ) and Software Updates (which I can't do ) ?

What is the difference between Definitions File Update ( which I can do ) and Software Updates (which I can't do ) ?

When it says that "new software is available, do you want to go to the download page" I click on "Yes" and nothing happens ?

Sign in to follow this