Sign in to follow this  
RaPaTTaCK

Manual Defs

Hello,

So here is the story of my problem:

I got limited bandwith from my ISP so def file downloading went very slow (with automatic update), so I decided to close it down after some minutes. Now, when I want to load ad-aware it says that the def files are corrupt.

I guess it can be solved by downloading the defs manually. So now I have a file (defs.zip) where do I have to put them in order to let adaware work again?

Thanks,

Hello to you.

The defs file should be placed in Program Files>Lavasoft>Ad-Aware. You should see another defs file in the Ad-Aware folder.

I presume you are running Ad-Aware SE Free.

Hi RaPaTTaCK,

From the FAQ I Cannot Perform Web Update Of The Definition File After Upgrading To Build 1.06

The definition file on your system might be corrupted. To check, locate the directory C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE\ folder. Delete the files: defs.ref and def.ref.old and try again

Alternatively you can try a Manual Update:

Close Ad-Aware.

Download the latest definition file in ZIP format and save the file to a temporary location.

Unzip the contents of the file either with your favorite ZIP utility or the built-in support in Windows to the Ad-Aware installation directory - default path is C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware SE\.

Open Ad-aware.

Confirm that the latest definition file is installed by checking out the Initialization Status in the main program window

To download the latest Definitions, go to the Lavasoft Website and click on the "Download current Definition File" Link (click on image to view full size):

LS_Website___Defs_Download_1.gif

Then select the AAW SE Defs:

LS_Website___Defs_Download_2.gif

Unzip to the path above.

Regards,

Spike

NB: For those wishing to perform Manual Updates for AAW 2007, the default path for installing the "core.aawdef" Definitions is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007

Sign in to follow this