• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bulajap

Adaware 2007 Service In Tray

29 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, just thought I would give you my input on this topic. As far as I know, you can disable the Ad-Aware 2007 Service as follows:

Start -> Run

Type "services.msc"

Find "Ad-Aware 2007 Service"

Right click -> Properties

Change "Startup Type" to "Disabled"

Click Apply and OK

Close Services

Restart

That sorted it for me anyway.

Cheers

Edited by triskaidekaphobia

Hi everybody, just thought I would give you my input on this topic. As far as I know, you can disable the Ad-Aware 2007 Service as follows:

Start -> Run

Type "services.msc"

Click Apply and OK

Close Services

Restart

Cheers

I never thought of doing that. With the update the icon is gone but aawservice is still loading (starting automatically.) Since the free version does not have the ability to do scheduled scans, is it okay to disable this service?

Start -> Run

Type "services.msc"

Click Apply and OK

Close Services

Restart

Cheers

Thanks for your input. I used your advice because the process was using too much memory. Only instead of disabling the service I chose 'manual'. When disabled ad-aware wouldn't start (1810 error). Now I can close the process and it won't reappear without starting the application again.

Well, I found out something.

I edited the Registry and got rid of the icon but then when I tried to open the program I received the following message:System error 1810 has occurred.

DESCRIPTION: Service is not online. Application terminates.

It would appear that if you don't have that process running then you can't use the program. I'll either go back to a previous version or re-install 2007 and take the icon.

Glad the update fixed this problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0